The Administration Thread

Boycie

1 hour ago, Brailsford Ram said:

I learned 10 minutes ago from someone who I trust as reliable and who is well placed on the fringe of all of this, that there are ongoing negotiations between David Clowes and Andy Appleby as to joint investment in the club but Clowes is leading his own bid. If Clowes acquires it, it could quickly become a partnership with Appleby bringing in his experience of the football world. Sounds sensible I think.

This would be an excellent development. 

People who want the best for the club, working together to try and make it happen and give us a brighter future.

Much better than some vulture capitalist trying to force the process for their own gain.

I hope your info turns out to be correct.

31 minutes ago, TomG said:

Now I don't want to sound like a 'Killjoy', but with DC being a wealthy, local businessman who is also a life-long Derby County fan, have we not all heard something not too dissimilar to this before from a certain Mel Morris?  Just sayin'!

Dear Killjoy ?

Absolutely not. As people and supporters of Derby County they are complete polar opposites. David Clowes is not an egomaniac. He is a quite modest and private person despite his business success, just like his father before him. He is also truthful and on taking over the club he will have no need to re-invent himself as a lifelong supporter of the club - unlike Mel he has been a supporter since boyhood. Mel did not go to watch Derby until well after the Millennium and his claim to have been a boyhood fan was utter BS.

I never enjoyed Morris being our owner and my fears came to devastating fruition. But in contrast I welcome David Clowes as our owner with open arms because I am certain he will bring stability. He modestly sits as a season-ticket holder in the North Stand. So at last, if he completes his takeover bid, at long last we will again have an owner who truly is one of our own.

I can't wait for the season tickets to go on sale.

COYR

22 minutes ago, Bill Curry said:

Supporting non-league too.

Should be @BelperTown really but I'll forgive him this once!

https://www.matlocktownfc.co.uk/gladiators-launch-new-away-strip-with-sponsor-clowes-developments.asp

Bill

Those flats are on the site of the old Ford garage, aren't they? Good PR, supporting the club as they suffer the disruption of the building work. 

59 minutes ago, Black Country Ram said:

Not sure this is strictly true. Mel is still one of our major creditors, so surely would have a say in any deal struck with creditors to exit administration

We can’t know for sure but I think MM is properly gone   His remaining claims are in the nosebleed section of the group structure chart 

We do know DC now owns 202 and I can’t believe he bought it with remaining claims from MM 

15 hours ago, Topram said:

I have no idea, just remember when people said he was buying the stadium that he was only worth 100 million, this would half his woth

According to the Derby Telegraph he was worth £250 million in 2018. May have gone down since then, but that is more than enough if true.