The Administration Thread

Boycie

4 minutes ago, S8TY said:

Totally agree …how can this utter clown and useless former owner who left us in deep deep convuluted trouble still have some say ffs!!! If rather have Morgan or MA but someone who clown Morris wants …I’d tell them no chance …Morris has to be the most loathsome character I’ve ever come across even worse than Maxwell 

That isn't what I meant. Clowes looks a good bloke, but to think that the decision relies on Morris is f'ing tedious.

I'll be so glad to see the end of the Morris era at Derby County.

3 minutes ago, Carnero said:

Appleby.... ?

Doubt it.  He runs a sports investment company, so one of several ventures - but probably a personal hobby of his, this club.  He wouldn't have been CEO, I don't think; but Chairman (probably non executive).

19 minutes ago, Elwood P Dowd said:

David Clowes is a Derby fan, a business man and has funds, surely we couldn’t ask for anyone better, as a fan he is going to have the best interests of the club at heart.

Fingers crossed for him, the club and us. 
?????????????

Speaking as someone who is 'on the spectrum', I can't tell if this is a joke or not.

Hard not to be sceptical after recent events.

Clowes was initially linked with buying the stadium for whoever took over, not taking over the entire club. Am I unreasonable to hope that someone who was never spoken about as having the money to buy the club is going to team up with Ashley/Appleby?

More as a way of selling the stadium to make it lighter on the potential bidders pockets? Not sure if I’m way off here/in denial but this guy doesn’t seem to be rich enough to own the club without backers and if he has backers; who the hell are they?

21 minutes ago, Elwood P Dowd said:

David Clowes is a Derby fan, a business man and has funds, surely we couldn’t ask for anyone better, as a fan he is going to have the best interests of the club at heart.

Fingers crossed for him, the club and us. 
?????????????

Agree, fabulous news 

The ‘possibly working with other bidders’ is intriguing. Maybe there will be a final twist 

9 minutes ago, Leicester Ram said:

Hard not to be sceptical after recent events.

Clowes was initially linked with buying the stadium for whoever took over, not taking over the entire club. Am I unreasonable to hope that someone who was never spoken about as having the money to buy the club is going to team up with Ashley/Appleby?

More as a way of selling the stadium to make it lighter on the potential bidders pockets? Not sure if I’m way off here/in denial but this guy doesn’t seem to be rich enough to own the club without backers and if he has backers; who the hell are they?

A book recommendation for you:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Millionaire_Next_Door

Understandably there’s a need for caution, and I’ve already noticed posters on here and online voicing doubts and concern….but we can be cautiously optimistic can’t we? 

He is a wealthy man, willing to attempt a takeover of this stricken club. He might not be as wealthy as Mike Ashley but neither is Appleby right? And CK definitely wasn’t. At least we know he is a legitimate businessman with legitimate wealth, something he will be able to evidence to the EFL. As some other posters have mentioned his wealth shouldn’t be the defining factor in his potential stewardship of the club anyway, the club NEEDS to be ran sensibly after the last few years and will have to work to EFL imposed restrictions so sorting the stadium and the debts then carefully rebuilding the club on a budget is the ideal scenario in my opinion. 
I mentioned it in another post, he’s well placed to action the takeover sooner than other parties having already (allegedly) done the work to buy the stadium, any other bidder would be weeks behind in the process for this.

I’m hopeful we’ll get official word tomorrow and things will start to progress further next week. 

Edited by Caerphilly Ram

16 minutes ago, Andicis said:

I mean, I don't like MM like any Derby fan, but wasn't David Clowes fortunate in inheriting his father's company whilst Mel built his own wealth? It really isn't a competition, but it's a weird angle to take ?.

Good point.  But he’s carried it on an ran it successfully.  MM kept buying a lottery ticket and got lucky. 

The OADT should be a walk in the park.  I’ve said before I’m a glass half full type of bloke but I really think this could be it ?.

And to be honest, I’ll just be glad to get back to discussing football again.  Even if it’s 12th in L1 I really don’t care as long as there’s a DCFC to watch on a Saturday afternoon.

1 hour ago, Animal is a Ram said:

The bolded is worrying, but not surprising, given most people have long suspected this.

That said, if he's already agreed on the stadium, the rest should follow fairly simply. Hope it doesn't turn in the same way as Mel though, I'm not sure about another 'fan' owner....

If it is the Clowes they will have my full support and I hope it goes over through line asap