The Administration Thread

Boycie

28 minutes ago, The Baron said:

My gut reaction is that there will be a successful outcome. There are other parties out there with money, and can transfer it ASAP if a price is agreed. That price may not be sufficient to avoid a penalty for coming out of administration and paying unsecured creditors the threshold amounts, or ensure that Morris can avoid paying anything to MSD under his PG though. 

A new owner isn’t buying much, real estate assets are excluded, relatively few player registrations, and those that exist of low value, and a share in the EFL. Therefore any value is based on future cash flows, which tend to be negative, especially in the Championship. 

Thank you. 

44 minutes ago, angieram said:

Not sure if this is the same one that you have posted, @CBRammette? This one is written, rather than recorded. If not, another excellent summary of where we are at.

I stoped Reading when he said about Derby fans having no confidence in Quantuma. I am not sure what they have done wrong other than be too bullish in their statements. 

38 minutes ago, The Baron said:

My gut reaction is that there will be a successful outcome. There are other parties out there with money, and can transfer it ASAP if a price is agreed. That price may not be sufficient to avoid a penalty for coming out of administration and paying unsecured creditors the threshold amounts, or ensure that Morris can avoid paying anything to MSD under his PG though. 

A new owner isn’t buying much, real estate assets are excluded, relatively few player registrations, and those that exist of low value, and a share in the EFL. Therefore any value is based on future cash flows, which tend to be negative, especially in the Championship. 

You seem to ignore the fact that there is an agreement to buy PPS. That will see off the mSD loan and it will bot be subject to the payment problems that CK is having. 

you also ignore the clubs biggest asset, its fan base. 

1 minute ago, PistoldPete said:

I stoped Reading when he said about Derby fans having no confidence in Quantuma. I am not sure what they have done wrong other than be too bullish in their statements. 

You can't polish a turd. But you can roll it in glitter!

To cut Q a marginal bit of slack, the debts and complexity of DCFC do not make it an easy sell.

Q are not good at pr and fan liaison.

However, despite inevitable frustration it seems it's not us being unhappy with them that's the issue, it's various comments by people who are involved about Q that have erroded trust.

10 hours ago, Ram1988 said:

DCFC 21/22 administration villain league table perhaps?

1. Mel Morris

2. Stephen Pearce

--------------------

3. Quantuma

4. Gibson

5. EFL

6. Coughing

-------------------

7. Ed Dawes

8. Chris Kirchner

9. Mike Ashley

10. Alan Nixon

11. Andy Appleby

12. Los Binnie Homanos

This was @RadioactiveWaste’s list. McGuire conspicuous by his absence and Gibbo will be disappointed to only make 4th. Is ‘coughing’ covid or Couhig ? Both deserve a mention. 
I think Pearce has been making amends for being MM’s bag carrier - if he hadn’t done it he’d have been sacked and a n other would have appointed

Edited by kevinhectoring

50 minutes ago, atherstoneram said:

But if it's only pennies on offer why would they budge,the creditors have been well and truly shafted why should they care what happens to the club. People keep going on about they would receive nothing,they may receive nothing on a low bid. 

Be serious though. I don’t think anyone is just talking about pennies are they? (not that I’ve seen anyway). If the best offer is say 20% creditors might take it. I’m not suggesting they should care about the club but they might care about getting c20% rather than nothing. If the best offer really was just pennies then that’s a different story but you were suggesting alternative offers would need to at least match CK’s.

[Warning. 20% is purely a figure I plucked out of the air for illustrative purposes. Offers may go up or down ?]

Edited by Tamworthram

14 minutes ago, PistoldPete said:

I stopped Reading when he said about Derby fans having no confidence in Quantuma. I am not sure what they have done wrong other than be too bullish in their statements. 

I'm assuming by Derby fans it means the drivelcore fanatics on social media platforms, not a considered consensus of those more in control of their mental faculties and in possession of the capability of critical thought.

(if idiotic b******* was a musical style I'd call it drivelcore)

Whether they've done wrong or not doesn't really seem to have any bearing on the lynch mob's level of confidence in them.

Edited by Coconut's Beard

2 minutes ago, kevinhectoring said:

This was @RadioactiveWaste’s list. McGuire conspicuous by his absence and Gibbo will be disappointed to only make 4th. Is ‘coughing’ covid or Couhig ? Both deserve a mention. 
I think Pearce has been making amends for being MM’s bag carrier - if he hadn’t done it he’d have been sacked and a n other would have obliged

Mr Ploppypratty will be disappointed he didn’t make the cut

1 minute ago, RoyMac5 said:

This gives me even less confidence in CKs ability to run the club, if true.

Whilst I share your lack of confidence in CK at this point, the 3 year repayments,not including PP etc were all known. I don't think that part is new or more concerning than it already was.

*If* (lolz) his money becomes real and he is the owner you'd have to hope future payments are logistically more straightforward. Because if his money is real then we'll have to assume that the money laundering check story was real. Big IF mind.