The Administration Thread

Boycie

6 minutes ago, sage said:

I think Kirchener is a little like Morris, a small time businessman who fortunately stumbled upon Bitcoin like Morris bought King just before Candy Crush exploded onto the scene. 

Therefore his amount of wealth isn't reflected in the expected level of business acumen and experience. 

He's not used to big deals and this whole saga has been surprisingly difficult and lengthy to him

I would concur with this, which is why I am happy he's had the insight/nous to surround himself with people that do have the knowledge.

1 minute ago, QuitYourJibbaJivin said:

I get the impression that some people genuinely believe CK has decided to play golf rather than open his laptop and do a bank transfer ?

people who don't understand just how slow things move when you're actually waiting on more than one person to do something. These people's head would explode in the real world where people have meetings to discuss meeting cadence, and then have a meeting to discuss how they divide up the workload from the previous meeting, and then have a meeting to discuss what's left to be done.

19 minutes ago, DCFC Kicks said:

He was at the least preparing a bid. Before Quantuma started ignoring him and then effectively telling him to 'go away'.

According to his PR team on Sky Sports and other 'sources close to Ashley'.

...who's job it is to make him sound like the best candidate, to big him up, to put pressure on others and by any means possible discredit other people involved.

It's all political with Ashley and his team, game playing. Don't fall for it.

The sob story about being ignored by Quantuma doesn't really align with this other take that it was his offer taken to the EFL in December.

There's still zero proof of an actual bid from him.

Edited by Coconut's Beard

12 minutes ago, Coconut's Beard said:

Percy didn't say that though.

He said Mike Ashley had made an approach to Mel Morris. Not an offer to Quantuma. Not a formal bid.

...but Mel Morris is not in control of selling the club.

Who else? Binnies? Appleby? A.N. Other? There was an article somewhere along the line which mentioned that Appleby 'nearly got it' or similar words.

Percy attributed the EFlfail at cross class cram pre Xmas when PB was to be a announced as MA.

Am typing in moving car so having trouble with letters. 

Edited by RoyMac5

26 minutes ago, Topram said:

Tbf to Ed Dawes he’s had a lot of people asking why no statement? Why isn’t he chasing up on stuff to get an update etc, he gets one publishes it and now he’s getting criticism 

Dawes is a radio/football commentator not a journalist we've been told on here, To many people want to break ITK information, We do it on here, But if it goes pear shaped...so what, Dawes works for the BBC it's now gone full Monty out there and some DCFC fans are going off the Richter Scale with their own thoughts, Always always when in a position Dawes is...double check the info you've been given, If this is a crock of doo doos he'd better have a big shovel  

Just now, RoyMac5 said:

Percy attributed the EFlfail at cross class cram pre Xmas when PB was to be a bounced as MA.

Am typing in moving car so having trouble with letters. 

As far as I'm aware you're putting 2+2 together to get 5 there.

There's a chance I've missed a tweet separate to the one I'm talking about which confirms what you say,  but if there is it seems to have disappeared into the aether as nobody seems to have ever quoted it.

15 minutes ago, QuitYourJibbaJivin said:

I get the impression that some people genuinely believe CK has decided to play golf rather than open his laptop and do a bank transfer ?

I don't think anyone thinks that but the optics are bloody awful. Given what has happened, I think many think it'd be more prudent for him to take the time to do a couple of interviews rather than playing a round of golf. 

2 minutes ago, atherstoneram said:

But i imagine the EFL will want proof we can complete the season.

The administrators would have to set a budget based on expected income and any player sales would be used to pay off debts or interest on debts. 

Our budget would still be bigger than half of the division.