The Administration Thread

Boycie

50 minutes ago, I know nuffin said:

What were the averages the two years before relegation. Those figures are in baseball in ground. There was a large jump in the PP years so it is better to compare before religation for both stadia

Edited by Tamworthram

8 minutes ago, Stive Pesley said:

Figures are here - the middle column in the tier of league we were in. Surprising how much the average attendances fluctuated for saying we've always been a "football town"

image.png.51677efb961e8395f79c327cb3790a7f.png

Really interesting. I think we do need to factor in population. Many more of us now, along with improved access and a more inclusive family friendly catchment. The South Stand die hard demographic may be largely the same but it’s a bigger audience pool now for the rest of the stadium, both in terms of numbers and who would likely go. 

1 minute ago, jono said:

Really interesting. I think we do need to factor in population. Many more of us now, along with improved access and a more inclusive family friendly catchment. The South Stand die hard demographic may be largely the same but it’s a bigger audience pool now for the rest of the stadium, both in terms of numbers and who would likely go. 

Spot on.

Attendances were down across the board in the 80's, mostly down to the unwelcoming atmosphere for many, and the crap facilities.  

Well into the 90's you had to pick and choose carefully which games you'd want to take your family to, now it's barely even a consideration.

3 hours ago, Elwood P Dowd said:

Not as amazing as 1933 which brought Sunderland’s record crowd. 75,118 crammed into Roker Park to witness a THURSDAY FA Cup quarter-final against Derby County. With so many in attendance, the game was stopped several times to move supporters off the sides of the pitch.

My maths teacher was at that match. Told us about the crushing crowds.  He came from Sunderland.

55 minutes ago, jono said:

This doesn't take into account the changing capacity of the BBG. I know it dropped to 18000ish at some point.

21 minutes ago, BondJovi said:

This doesn't take into account the changing capacity of the BBG. I know it dropped to 18000ish at some point.

Think it may even have been down to under 18k when it closed

:edit: Just checked, was actually 18.3k

:edit 2: Or maybe not:

"After the Taylor Report was published, the stadium was slowly converted to become all-seater from terracing. Consequently, its capacity dropped to 17,451 in the 1995–96 season"

Edited by IncredibleKoosh

8 minutes ago, CBRammette said:

Apologies if already posted - no news at all but slightly different angle. Assume Garry Cook connection led CK there based on Man City mention at end

https://www.squirepattonboggs.com/en/news/2022/05/squire-patton-boggs-advises-chris-kirchner-on-acquisition-of-derby-county-football-club

You write “no news” but the message does come across that it is a done deal as far as Squire Patton Boggs are concerned?

Edited by Elwood P Dowd

1 hour ago, Stive Pesley said:

Figures are here - the middle column in the tier of league we were in. Surprising how much the average attendances fluctuated for saying we've always been a "football town"

Apart from capacity changes - one season we had the terraces shut for a while - and the effect of the Division we’re in and the opposition, a major factor is the general mood. If Rooney stays and a good core of the squad stay then we’ll retain the good feeling, certainly for a while, and attendances will reflect that. In several seasons the mood around the club wasn’t good in years gone by, not always those in which we went down. 

Other factors are unique for this season - numbers of people will be on holiday for the first 7 weeks and the world cup will inevitably have some impact if there are good matches to watch in November/December. 
Nothing will do more to boost attendances than a team playing attractive, winning football with a good chance of promotion. But there will be matches when there will be a lot of empty seats even if that happens. 

31 minutes ago, CBRammette said:

Apologies if already posted - no news at all but slightly different angle. Assume Garry Cook connection led CK there based on Man City mention at end

https://www.squirepattonboggs.com/en/news/2022/05/squire-patton-boggs-advises-chris-kirchner-on-acquisition-of-derby-county-football-club

Squire Patton Boggs sounds like a character from a Jane austen novel.... ?

3 hours ago, RoyMac5 said:

"Mr. Hull commented: “We are delighted to have supported Chris Kirchner in a deal that will hopefully secure the future of Derby County Football Club. This is the most complex, high-stakes football transaction that we have advised on, with the separation of the ownership of Pride Park from the club one of a number of issues to navigate in structuring the deal. The desire and co-operation of all stakeholders who are working hard to get this deal over the line will enable the club to move on and look ahead to next season and its long-term future.”

Good post, Roymac.

I'm surprised there haven't been more comments on this from all those posters who assume CK is a chancer who doesn't know what he's doing, or, who expected nothing could happen without him being in Derby personally. 

I am encouraged by the fact he is hiring relevant expertise and am confident he will continue to do this in running the club, rather than making all the decisions himself. We all know what occurs when that happens! 

2 hours ago, Stive Pesley said:

I think the interesting thing is more about % full rate in relation to league and positioning. There were lots of times the capacity changed and some years the full rate at the BBG was great, others poor but the overall attendance is still limited by what you have.
When the capacity was 18 or so thousand then you have the usual match day non attendees for whatever reason but still not full. 
Then the jump to Pride Park, higher attendances and still never filled but a more accurate measure of the true support in the city now in the current non violent era depending on how we are performing.  

Id be amazed if we ever get those extra seats to make it 40K stadium, but you never know. 

48 minutes ago, CBRammette said:

“This is the most complex, high-stakes football transaction that we have advised on, with the separation of the ownership of Pride Park from the club one of a number of issues to navigate in structuring the deal” they say having dealt with 26 football club deals in the last 20 years. Those still wanting to give Quantuma a kicking should take note that Morris left one hell of a mess for them to resolve. 8/9 months to resolve would be pretty quick too for a football club administration to be concluded.

52 minutes ago, Elwood P Dowd said:

You write “no news” but the message does come across that it is a done deal as far as Squire Patton Boggs are concerned?

Its a bit contradictory as it starts "is advising" and then rest is past tense!

22 minutes ago, angieram said:

Good post, Roymac.

I'm surprised there haven't been more comments on this from all those posters who assume CK is a chancer who doesn't know what he's doing, or, who expected nothing could happen without him being in Derby personally. 

I am encouraged by the fact he is hiring relevant expertise and am confident he will continue to do this in running the club, rather than making all the decisions himself. We all know what occurs when that happens! 

Sorry @RoyMac5didnt see you had posted whilst I driving earlier! And well said Angie!

25 minutes ago, angieram said:

Good post, Roymac.

It's good to see and interesting. I've been one of the doubters, but I'll be thrilled if as it seems those doubts were misplaced and we can finally move forward. But I don't regret being sceptical/cautious - we've learnt the hard way. Further to what's been said and expanding on @i-Ram's quote, when you see this list of deals and they make clear Derby has been the toughest, we see what everyone's been up against! Let's hope the stadium gets over the line soon and we can all breathe.

"Squire Patton Boggs has advised on over 26 football club deals in the last 20 years. The firm has advised on the sell side of the take-overs of Manchester City, Aston Villa, Wolverhampton Wanderers, Sheffield Wednesday and Leicester City and the buy side of the take-overs of Manchester City, Sheffield Wednesday, Blackburn Rovers, West Bromwich Albion, Birmingham City, Fulham and Wigan Athletic, as well as handling day-to-day instructions arising from football clubs and their owners."

24 minutes ago, i-Ram said:

“This is the most complex, high-stakes football transaction that we have advised on, with the separation of the ownership of Pride Park from the club one of a number of issues to navigate in structuring the deal” they say having dealt with 26 football club deals in the last 20 years. Those still wanting to give Quantuma a kicking should take note that Morris left one hell of a mess for them to resolve. 8/9 months to resolve would be pretty quick too for a football club administration to be concluded.

I think some of the criticism of Quantuma has been unfair.  Yes, they could have managed their comms better and expectations around timescale.  Gerald Krasner said this was a complex case and now CK’s legal team are saying the same.  If we complete at the end of May it’ll be just over 8 months.  That’s the average timescale and this is far from an average case.