The Administration Thread

Boycie

26 minutes ago, Coconut's Beard said:

He didn't care about 50,000 Newcastle fans thinking they should be higher than they were, why would he care about 25,000 Derby fans thinking the same?

Who says that? The NCFC fans who will soon be expecting lots of players in to challenge MCFC...

2 hours ago, B4ev6is said:

I think kircher got the passion and determination to get us there and with rooney fight that is good compensation to have in a club trying make way back up again.

Passion and determination will get you so far, but running a football club like DCFC is an expensive business. 

3 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Who says that? The NCFC fans who will soon be expecting lots of players in to challenge MCFC...

Don’t want to sound like some sort of BoJo levelling up fanatic but I do think it’ll be good to have the toon at the top table. Newcastle and Sunderland’s recent history has been sad and the NE deserves more. I wouldn’t be sad to see Clearwater Capital lose their shirts with Chelsea 

36 minutes ago, kevinhectoring said:

Don’t want to sound like some sort of BoJo levelling up fanatic but I do think it’ll be good to have the toon at the top table. Newcastle and Sunderland’s recent history has been sad and the NE deserves more. I wouldn’t be sad to see Clearwater Capital lose their shirts with Chelsea 

you sure? Newcastle fans will be unbearable, they never won jack and considered themselves a big club, imagine what it will be like when they get a sniff of success. Nothing against the geordie nation but that lot are deluded and it is not going to get better.

57 minutes ago, LeedsCityRam said:

It seems obvious that Ashley checked out at Newcastle...partly because of his poor relationship with the fans & partly because he was looking to sell for a number of years. That would appear to explain the lack of investment in the facilities & the 'functional' transfer budgets.

I don't think he'd want to buy Derby to have that kind of experience again & settling for midtable in the Championship (whilst better than where we are now) would ultimately cause unrest when we do get back up. My hunch is that he will fund where he needs to but will learn from the mistakes of Morris in looking at a long term strategy to get success (insist on Academy prospects getting game time, no big signings, no older players unless exceptional cost v benefit rationale). I'd be perfectly comfortable with all that.

Being a shrewd businessman, he will always have an eye on the exit & to get a decent return on investment. For a reputed investment of circa 40-50m (stadium plus creditor settlement), he would be looking at a sale close to 100m as a minimum. He wont get that for selling a midtable Championship side.

My head totally agrees but my heart says CK.

1 hour ago, plymouthram said:

There must have been a detailed check on Chris Kirchner's wealth to have got this far. He or his team would have submitted a 2 year business plan to the EFL, in which ties up money over the next two seasons. So I think there is not enough cash to buy the stadium at the price Mel wants. Hence the slight hold up and Kirchner wanting the Derby city council to buy the stadium. It seems the city council can not meet Mel's price or get him to reduce the value(due to the MSD loan that he needs to pay back). There is a strong rumour, a local unnamed businessman with others involved is trying to buy the stadium and if true, Chris Kirchner would be aware and involved.

Chris Kirchner stated a while back is love for football and there is some of his motivation to get involved with a founder member of the  football league  the first one in the world (that would look good on your CV). Also this would be good PR for his company and help his business to grow.

Some fair points, but it's not going to be possible for the Council to buy the stadium within the next few months. It would be a massive public outlay so would rightly require an extensive investigation and period of due diligence. Something doesn't seem to add up in terms of Kirchner's reluctance to buy the stadium (on the cheap in that the price is meant to be a quarter of its value) if he had the money to do it. Yes Punjabi Rams have been suggesting local business people are trying to do Kirchner a favour and buy the stadium for him, but I've not heard that it's "with him". You're being very generous talking about a "slight hold up". Kirchner knew the deadline and couldn't meet it. It's been extended a week and there seems little sign that it's going to be met.

I'm of a mind that it's good news until it's bad news.

I know that sounds painfully obvious - but what I mean is, I'm not jumping to the conclusion that the silence is a bad thing.

While it appears the council purchase isn't going to be a swift option - I think I read somewhere that the due diligence on it wouldn't be complete until the end of the month at the earliest - I hope they're still working on it in the background in case it goes sour.

While there's options, there's hope.

Also:

Yes, I know who it is. But what reason is there to doubt it?

16 minutes ago, Animal is a Ram said:

I'm of a mind that it's good news until it's bad news.

I know that sounds painfully obvious - but what I mean is, I'm not jumping to the conclusion that the silence is a bad thing.

While it appears the council purchase isn't going to be a swift option - I think I read somewhere that the due diligence on it wouldn't be complete until the end of the month at the earliest - I hope they're still working on it in the background in case it goes sour.

While there's options, there's hope.

Also:

Yes, I know who it is. But what reason is there to doubt it?

To be fair to Nixon, when it comes to Kirchner he has been pretty much bang on the money with his stories, even resulting in Kirchner himself liking some of Nixons tweets. I think Nixon may get some inside info from Cook/Stretford, sure I read he has previous links to them.

When some one said to him earlier about it being quiet and if that is good thing Nixon replied that it was.

Edited by DCFC1388

3 hours ago, RAM1966 said:

B4 I love ypur optimisum, I'm  threaders with the whole thing.  I just want it done, TBH I'd take anyone who can complete the deal.

Kirchner - No doubt has the passion and enthusiasm, of he can get Rooney to stay 3 years who knows we might have a crack at getting to the PL if he gets a good wind.

Appleby - A really safe pair of hands, hopefully a decent managerial appointment may just see us knocking at the PL door much quicker this time.

Ashley- Will probably take -15pts and write next season off, then pump lots of cash in to fast track us to the PL.

All in all I would probably see Ashley as the one most likely to deliver PL footie quickest....  I also feel he will be the winner, as I can not see Kirchner parting with £22M for the stadium.....

Somebody just buy us!!!!!

No ones giving that tool 20 million plus for a stadium when they're already paying his bar bill.  

kids-spinning.gif

2 hours ago, Coconut's Beard said:

Just because Ashley kept Newcastle ticking over as a lower PL and very occasional top Championship team it doesn't mean that he will put in enough money to see Derby at that level.

If he could have got away with Newcastle being a mid table Championship team for years he would have done, but even keeping them in their natural position was an affront to many of their more deluded supporters. 

Average home attendance for them generally hovers around 49/50,000, averages for us, what, 25,000 or less?

I can't imagine that he'll be particularly bothered if he has us only playing mid-table Championship football at the end of the next 10-15 years, maybe the odd flirtation with the playoffs... that's out natural position now.

He didn't care about 50,000 Newcastle fans thinking they should be higher than they were, why would he care about 25,000 Derby fans thinking the same?

Not when I went in 91-92 and they were 2nd bottom it wasn't. About 14-15 thousand there and 2 thousand were from Derby.  Best fans in the world my arse. 

Makes me smile that people are constantly questioning CKs wealth based on no factual information and use him not wanting to buy the stadium now to question it more.

MA is a billionaire trying to get our club for next to nothing, looking to pick through the scraps of a collapsed deal. 

Who is to say CK does not have substantial financial clout but is trying to get as good a deal as he can, and who can blame him for being wary in dealing with Morris..

1 hour ago, EtoileSportiveDeDerby said:

you sure? Newcastle fans will be unbearable, they never won jack and considered themselves a big club, imagine what it will be like when they get a sniff of success. Nothing against the geordie nation but that lot are deluded and it is not going to get better.

To be fair they did win a bit but it was only 10 years after the Titanic sank and a mere 20 years after our admin promised we'd be 'surprised how quick things would now move and the stadium was  no impediment' .  They are however, as insufferable as West Ham ' we won the World Cup' fans in terms of delusion.  West Ham probably being a bit worse as they really have won f**k all and have done it in a stadium everyone paid for ( for those who constantly bang on about how insufferable it is that Derby don't pay the exchequer every penny owed and public funds can't be used to deal with a ground purchase.)