The Administration Thread

Boycie

Disappointed with the tone of Q statement with threats about fan demonstrations. Will it impact potential bidders? Doesn’t seem like there are any, Derby fans have been patient. Feels like fans have been let down by Morris, EFL, Quantuma, Gibson etc. Quantuma should not be making promises ‘imminently etc’ Morris has pretty much made the club unsellable. Good case that EFL should not have docked Derby the 9 points. Definitely seemed to have been a vendetta against Morris/ DCFC. 
Feels like everything has come at the worst time- COVID HMRC bills, Morris has made mistake after mistake. Crazy really. Sounds very bleak

4 hours ago, Leeds Ram said:

It just sounds like Quantuma are losing control of the process.

Exactly right. Q are supposed to be running and controlling the M&A process and they don’t have the expertise, the resources or the support. Ashley has been out bid but he and his advisers are smart enough to know how to throw spanners into the works so as to force their way back into the room. And Q just can’t handle it 

MM wove a complex web. It would have been a challenging mandate even for a first class team and Q is not that 

I will start by re-iterating that none of us no anything and is all pure speculation so here's my spin on things

I believe that there are 2 bidders one being a consortium including Morris himself the other Appleby

None of them are offering enough and Morris knows this being far too involved in the process because he owns the ground so any negotiations have to go through him as well as he holds valuable cards to any potential bidder.

MA meanwhile is sitting waiting with a bid which he wants to include the stadium but Morris wants his 22m 

Morris knows his own consortium bid is too low to clear the bar so is basically holding fire waiting for MA to increase his bid where he will then sell he can walk away with club sold and his 20-22m back

I think this only gets sorted when Appleby finally pulls out and Morris bottles it at the last min dropping his price on the stadium where MA will swoop in to buy at the price he sees its worth

I do not see MA upping his offer until its the 11th hour and only if its at the price he values it at and must include the stadium if someone in the meantime...eg Appleby manages to get more funds from somewhere he may well buy it if Mel bends slightly with the price but until the 11th hour its stalemate

Make no bones about it i firmly believe Morris wants to recoup his money 

Appleby is not quite strong enough to buy it 

Ashley is playing waiting game as he can....he has the money to outbid everyone but he has priced the value of the club and I don't think he'll budge hence why there has been no contact with Q for 2 months 

Q cannot name PB because no one has offered enough and I 100 per cent think no one will .....so Morris In my humble opinion is holding the keys to everything.

Best case Scenario - Morris at last min drops value to virtually nothing and then has to explain to HMRC about the value of the ground because he once valued it at 80m and would've had tax benefits based on that and the 22m it cost to buy it.....hence putting himself into a situation with HMRC

Worst case scenario is Appleby pulls out Ashley does not increase his bid or Morris does not let the stadium go and Morris either buys the club back himself with his consortium or lets it all go to liquidation

I still firmly think we will not be liquidated though but may end up led by a Morris led consort not through choice but because being liquidated will be worse for him than owning it himself 

Of course this may well be utter nonsense but its just my own theory of what might be happening but either way we wont be liquidated 

15 minutes ago, S8TY said:

I will start by re-iterating that none of us no anything and is all pure speculation so here's my spin on things

I believe that there are 2 bidders one being a consortium including Morris himself the other Appleby

None of them are offering enough and Morris knows this being far too involved in the process because he owns the ground so any negotiations have to go through him as well as he holds valuable cards to any potential bidder.

MA meanwhile is sitting waiting with a bid which he wants to include the stadium but Morris wants his 22m 

Morris knows his own consortium bid is too low to clear the bar so is basically holding fire waiting for MA to increase his bid where he will then sell he can walk away with club sold and his 20-22m back

I think this only gets sorted when Appleby finally pulls out and Morris bottles it at the last min dropping his price on the stadium where MA will swoop in to buy at the price he sees its worth

I do not see MA upping his offer until its the 11th hour and only if its at the price he values it at and must include the stadium if someone in the meantime...eg Appleby manages to get more funds from somewhere he may well buy it if Mel bends slightly with the price but until the 11th hour its stalemate

Ashley is playing waiting game as he can....he has the money to outbid everyone but he has priced the value of the club and I don't think he'll budge hence why there has been no contact with Q for 2 months 

Q cannot name PB because no one has offered enough and I 100 per cent think no one will .....so Morris In my humble opinion is holding the keys to everything.

Best case Scenario - Morris at last min drops value to virtually nothing and then has to explain to HMRC about the value of the ground because he once valued it at 80m and would've had tax benefits based on that and the 22m it cost to buy it.....hence putting himself into a situation with HMRC

Worst case scenario is Appleby pulls out Ashley does not increase his bid or Morris does not let the stadium go and Morris either buys the club back himself with his consortium or lets it all go to liquidation

I still firmly think we will not be liquidated though but may end up led by a Morris led consort not through choice but because being liquidated will be worse for him than owning it himself 

Of course this may well be utter nonsense but its just my own theory of what might be happening but either way we wont be liquidated 

Appleby has pulled out as far as I’m aware… Been doing the rounds from high up members of Ramstrust.?

25 minutes ago, S8TY said:

If, and i think it's a big if, MM does take back control of the club i can see HMRC demanding all the amount due, they will not be put in a position where the previous owner gets away with not paying the taxes owed. They may look at it as being conned.

5 hours ago, Ram a lamb a ding dong said:

All this protest poo was my brainchild as stated a week or so back so I will now pat myself on the back

I should hold fire on that pat on the back.
If things get naughty, It could be the long arm of the law you're feeling.
Something Inciteful, something, something pitch invasion, something riotous behaviour, something, something instigator something?  

You are not as anonymous on here as you might think!  ? ?‍♂️?

5 hours ago, S8TY said:

Speculation but I think it makes sense. 
I’m not sure  I can follow a club with MM  involved in the future. He’s shown his true colours and they  ain’t black and white

5 hours ago, Bubbles said:

Appleby has pulled out as far as I’m aware… Been doing the rounds from high up members of Ramstrust.?

Was wondering about Ramstrust. Other supporter groups and even Team Derby have been highly critical of Quantuma recently.  Yet ramstrust say nowt. Their only contribution is a claim that Appleby has pulled out.. which he quickly has denied by the way. Very strange. Maybe Ramstrust favour the other bidder, I wonder why.  

6 minutes ago, PistoldPete said:

Was wondering about Ramstrust. Other supporter groups and even Team Derby have been highly critical of Quantuma recently.  Yet ramstrust say nowt. Their only contribution is a claim that Appleby has pulled out.. which he quickly has denied by the way. Very strange. Maybe Ramstrust favour the other bidder, I wonder why.  

Perhaps you might tell us why? In fact I’d like to know who the other bidder is if you have the insight.

Personally, I think people are over complicating this.

Reading between the lines of the statement from Quantuma, and the EFL reminder re Football Creditors, it appears very simple to me that as of last night there is not a bid on the table that meets the financial threshold to be put forward.

Whatever the reasons behind that are, we can only guess. I`ve said it before and still believe HMRC have a massive hand in this. When Football Creditors are now believed to be in the £4-6m bracket, why does that need to be reinforced when bids of c£30m have been mentioned?

It just suggests to me that there is insufficient allocation in those bids for Football Creditors?

You can add the Stadium issue on top of that, because it seems that no party currently sees the Club having a value of c£50m,  and a deal at c£30m without a stadium, no squad, in L1 with reduced income and a probability of starting next season on -15 points, makes no business sense whatsoever.

I do not like that statement one bit. Maybe I`m just a glass half empty type, but it reads like it`s preparing us for bad news.

2 minutes ago, RipleyRich said:

Personally, I think people are over complicating this.

Reading between the lines of the statement from Quantuma, and the EFL reminder re Football Creditors, it appears very simple to me that as of last night there is not a bid on the table that meets the financial threshold to be put forward.

Whatever the reasons behind that are, we can only guess. I`ve said it before and still believe HMRC have a massive hand in this. When Football Creditors are now believed to be in the £4-6m bracket, why does that need to be reinforced when bids of c£30m have been mentioned?

It just suggests to me that there is insufficient allocation in those bids for Football Creditors?

You can add the Stadium issue on top of that, because it seems that no party currently sees the Club having a value of c£50m,  and a deal at c£30m without a stadium, no squad, in L1 with reduced income and a probability of starting next season on -15 points, makes no business sense whatsoever.

I do not like that statement one bit. Maybe I`m just a glass half empty type, but it reads like it`s preparing us for bad news.

My understanding was that the bid(s) of £30m were including the stadium.

So if £20m is allocated to the stadium/MSD then that only leaves £10m to all other creditors including HMRC which is obviously well short.

The bidders point of view will be that the £30m should be allocated to the creditors and that the stadium should be thrown in for nothing, with somebody else (MM) paying off the MSD debt.

The admin/MM point of view is that the price including the stadium needs to be £50m, the price without the stadium can be £30m, but the buyers only value the club at £30m if it comes WITH the stadium.

Bridging the gap between £30m and £50m is the issue. One side, or both will need to move to bridge this gap otherwise we're stuck.

6 minutes ago, i-Ram said:

Perhaps you might tell us why? In fact I’d like to know who the other bidder is if you have the insight.

I said I wonder why.. I don't know at all but the people connected to Ramtrust were quite active last time we were in deep poo with the three Amigos, and  we were rescued by a Gadsby led consortium,  so maybe history will repeat itself. Or maybe not.   

4 minutes ago, Carnero said:

My understanding was that the bid(s) of £30m were including the stadium.

So if £20m is allocated to the stadium/MSD then that only leaves £10m to all other creditors including HMRC which is obviously well short.

The bidders point of view will be that the £30m should be allocated to the creditors and that the stadium should be thrown in for nothing, with somebody else (MM) paying off the MSD debt.

The admin/MM point of view is that the price including the stadium needs to be £50m, the price without the stadium can be £30m, but the buyers only value the club at £30m if it comes WITH the stadium.

Bridging the gap between £30m and £50m is the issue. One side, or both will need to move to bridge this gap otherwise we're stuck.

Nicely summed up. Very clear. This makes sense