The Administration Thread

Boycie

3 minutes ago, Boycie said:

So if you owned the forum and two members were spreading miss information about you and the forum you’d let them stay on your forum?

I would yes. I'd trust the other members would be able to see they're spreading nonsense (as the responses have indicated) and I'd put them on ignore. 

2 minutes ago, Leeds Ram said:

I do think the forum could be a strong positive force, especially for those who do not live in the area and may not be able to participate regularly in supporters clubs. The amount of fans active on this forum is significant and that could be harnessed towards something more positive I think. Again, though ultimately that isn't my decision. 

David has already been down that route and got abused because of it. It resulted in the two former posters spreading the nonsense.

1 minute ago, Ghost of Clough said:

David has already been down that route and got abused because of it. It resulted in the two former posters spreading the nonsense.

That's why I said I think there should be a big forum discussion on the way to do it. Of course there are risks associated with making it something more than just a forum but I think it could ultimately be a good thing. 

Just now, Leeds Ram said:

I didn't say you spread nonsense? I said those 2 on social media did.... 

As I said in the post, I personally wouldn't be banning them but I know it's not my call to make. 

I do think the forum could be a strong positive force, especially for those who do not live in the area and may not be able to participate regularly in supporters clubs. The amount of fans active on this forum is significant and that could be harnessed towards something more positive I think. Again, though ultimately that isn't my decision. 

We have been there, part of the SCG, I opened topics on the forum to collect questions to put forward to the club.

RamsTrust, Punjabi Rams, DCFC Collection, Rams Active, DCFC Supporters Club, Nick Webster, yet I feel this forum was unfairly targeted as having some exclusive inside information which was never the case.

It’s honestly not worth the hassle, when Paul (Boycie) went, he left work early to attend, when I did I had a 5hr train journey and whilst I’m not looking for the little violin here, it opens us up to all kinds of abuse.

If you look online now, BAWT are already starting to experience kick back from some fans. Until Derby fans are appreciative of the efforts from those within these groups, there is no incentive at all to be part of the SCG. 

If we went down the path of holding the club to account, becoming some kind of protest forum, we would never gain any access at all, we would also lose members that are not interested in being part of that.

From now on this is nothing more than a platform to air your views. Nothing more, nothing less.  

12 minutes ago, Leeds Ram said:

That's why I said I think there should be a big forum discussion on the way to do it. Of course there are risks associated with making it something more than just a forum but I think it could ultimately be a good thing. 

We don’t want big discussions as we don’t want the hassle that comes with it.

Join the Ramstrust, or one of the others if you want to debate it.

12 minutes ago, David said:

We have been there, part of the SCG, I opened topics on the forum to collect questions to put forward to the club.

RamsTrust, Punjabi Rams, DCFC Collection, Rams Active, DCFC Supporters Club, Nick Webster, yet I feel this forum was unfairly targeted as having some exclusive inside information which was never the case.

It’s honestly not worth the hassle, when Paul (Boycie) went, he left work early to attend, when I did I had a 5hr train journey and whilst I’m not looking for the little violin here, it opens us up to all kinds of abuse.

If you look online now, BAWT are already starting to experience kick back from some fans. Until Derby fans are appreciative of the efforts from those within these groups, there is no incentive at all to be part of the SCG. 

If we went down the path of holding the club to account, becoming some kind of protest forum, we would never gain any access at all, we would also lose members that are not interested in being part of that.

From now on this is nothing more than a platform to air your views. Nothing more, nothing less.  

Yeah, I completely understand all of that and that it's definitely stressful and not easy. Especially, as there would inevitably be a difference of opinion on the best way to proceed. 

1 minute ago, Boycie said:

We don’t want big discussions as we don’t want the hassle that comes with it.

Join the Ramstrust, or one of the others if you want to debate it.

I think those big discussions will happen regardless of whether this is just a space for us fans to talk or something more. As I said in my response to David, I understand the difficulty of making this more than just a space for us to air our views though. 

31 minutes ago, David said:

It’s a shame because I thought it was good to have a voice and it was good that the club recognised an unofficial forum. This may have been down to MM reading the forum but also that this forum is credible. I have found it to be really good informative and there is always someone on here has got an answer for everything (not necessarily the right one though). Sometimes I read some posts and really scratch my head but then again I bet a lot of people are left scratching their heads after a lot of my posts too. It was good to be recognised my belief is the people that try to knock things down are the ones that envy the work of others.

I probably shouldn't have brought all this to the forum today, but as I did, I feel it's only fair to post Mafiabob's reply to my email addressing todays tweets.

Let him know I will post them.

I will always defend myself against accusations which I feel are unfair and factually incorrect.

With regards to being paid off by the club, Mafiabob did make those accusations which he retracted. Similar accusations were made by MuespachRam following the warning he received for libellous comments which I was referring to.

Sorry for bringing this to the forum today, combination of alcohol and timing of these tweets saw a reaction that on another day I would have maybe laughed off.

I'm only human. Any hangover advice?

193E822E-305E-4928-98A0-602743B92FA7.png56392704-4729-4060-BB95-1E3729536968.png37CF562B-F58A-4647-8083-584198E66243.png

7D04E431-5D71-47CA-8770-6C4ED328B43D.jpeg

We’ll that didn’t take long - a few defeats, no statements from EFL or Q to discectomy so frustrations got taken out on the one person who has kept this forum going under difficult circumstances. 

haters got to hate something - even if it’s the people giving them the opportunity to hate