The Administration Thread

Boycie

8 minutes ago, FlyBritishMidland said:

Which is what I said.  The EFL never set us a deadline of “proof of funds before the fixtures are released or else” like they did in January.  All they said was we could start the season in administration but not be in it for more than 18 months

So why did DC give the club a loan before the club bid was accepted after they purchased the stadium?

Whatever. You win. The EFL and Q have been great all through this.

Edited by RoyMac5

1 hour ago, w8sey said:

How many self imposed "deadlines" have quantuma missed now? Its absolutely farcical. An absolute joke.

For however complex the signing off the last few papers, this is what really, really winds everyone up.

You would think they would learn, but right to the end, true to everything before, they keep missing their deadlines. Communication shrouded by the cloak of NDA’s can be tolerated but I’ve not seen anyone able to force them to state the timelines, it’s THEIR deadlines that are missed!

For a professional outfit, it’s shockingly unprofessional. Hope they never get another sports gig again, can’t see how anyone would want this for any other sporting organisation with a fan base.

Prediction:

Friday:  "Blah, blah, niggles.  Blah, blah confident.  Blah, blah third parties.  Blah, blah, should be done by Tuesday next week".

Monday:  "All done.  All official.  Meet the new owner.  Long live DCFC"

Tuesday:  "We are so pleased we got things sorted ahead of schedule.  I bet you were pleasantly surprised just how quick that was".

Weds:  Q wave goodbye from the airport VIP lounge... wearing my duckin' sombreros!  

?

5 minutes ago, TomTom92 said:

It’s become that draining even the forum tonight seems a little lacklustre. 

Seems odd that none of the journalists have come out with anything of use tonight. Last night they were all crowing that today was the day. Now it’s radio silence. 

It's getting very draining isn't it, how many days have we been led to believe would be the day our Club was sold? This particular time starting on 31st May with CK... such a long time to be kept hoping for a good outcome. 

30 minutes ago, Zag zig said:

For however complex the signing off the last few papers, this is what really, really winds everyone up.

You would think they would learn, but right to the end, true to everything before, they keep missing their deadlines. Communication shrouded by the cloak of NDA’s can be tolerated but I’ve not seen anyone able to force them to state the timelines, it’s THEIR deadlines that are missed!

For a professional outfit, it’s shockingly unprofessional. Hope they never get another sports gig again, can’t see how anyone would want this for any other sporting organisation with a fan base.

Except they aren't deadlines and it's not (usually) them but third parties who are missing them, or in the case a few months back when they tried to set an actual deadline for bids, intentionally ignoring them becuse they know we're not in a position to say "or else". 

(added in edit, post 2 like reactions: ) 

One problem is that there's only one party here who's having to front up any of the responsibility and give updates, everyone else can hide away and say nothing without any blowback, allowing the administrators to take the brunt of the criticism. 

I'm not sure even Mel & Kirchner have had the same level of vitriol aimed at them! Probably because they have the benefit of being able to go silent. 

Edited by Coconut's Beard

33 minutes ago, IncredibleKoosh said:

And if they were wanting out they will have already decided that as well...

Players now out of contract now , could have been talking to teams last January. Amazing then how the mad scramble starts from now to the start of the season.

25 minutes ago, TomTom92 said:

It’s become that draining even the forum tonight seems a little lacklustre. 

Seems odd that none of the journalists have come out with anything of use tonight. Last night they were all crowing that today was the day. Now it’s radio silence. 

I think some of us (less calm ones - me included) have expended so much nervous energy on this, and DC appears to tick almost every box for a realistic rescue, that on being let down again when we've had 2 days of it "being concluded today", there is little energy left.

The press, most of whom are at least 3 months behind the curve of the story, will be disgruntled that Q have given a day for completion and not met it, a most unusual thing to happen. As I said at least 3 months behind the curve.

At least this time Q haven't given a timeframe for completion. This means whomever this 3rd party is wont have the timescale as a bargaining chip for whatever is going on. Reckon it might be a week or two now, especially if, as I suspect it may be an ambulance chaser and his governing body mates turning up on the scene for their pound of flesh. Cant see DC wanting to pay any large extort... settlement fees, for the security of Derbys future (until the next lawsuit), and this could take some time to work out.

Edited by Chopper

5 minutes ago, Chopper said:

I think some of us (less calm ones - me included) have expended so much nervous energy on this, and DC appears to tick almost every box for a realistic rescue, that on being let down again when we've had 2 days of it "being concluded today", there is little energy left.

The press, most of whom are at least 3 months behind the curve of the story, will be disgruntled that Q have given a day for completion and not met it, a most unusual thing to happen. As I said at least 3 months behind the curve.

At least this time Q haven't given a timeframe for completion. This means whomever this 3rd party is wont have the timescale as a bargaining chip for whatever is going on. Reckon it might be a week or two now, especially if, as I suspect it may be an ambulance chaser and his governing body mates turning up on the scene for their pound of flesh. Cant see DC wanting to pay any large extort... settlement fees, for the security of Derbys future (until the next lawsuit), and this could take some time to work out.

Is it couhig trying to extort some cash out of us?

Why would he be a signatory ?