The Administration Thread

Boycie

1 minute ago, kevinhectoring said:

More than 500k. What if Ashley’s bid says: halve your fees and halve the legal fees you’ve wasted; and give that £ and some more to the unsecured creditors. Oh and I’ll withdraw my legal suit if I win. 
How does q react ?

Wish the EFL were on Q’s shoulder -  this would be fixed more quickly 

How much is Morris knocking off his price?

Probably already covered, but here goes anyway.

I'm going to hope Quantuma are actually doing the right thing this time.

They maybe identifying the most likely, credible buyer from those bidding and hopefully have made one of the conditions that the next chosen PB will hand over X amount of million in the form of a loan to secure their PB status.

This loan enables the club to compete in and prepare for next season.

The loan will most likely be paid by season ticket money.

This way the debt doesn't really increase and the takeover can be completed in the background whilst the season kicks off.

Hope rather than expectation.

3 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

How much is Morris knocking off his price?

I would love 202 to be put into administration and for q to take the stadium and sell it with the club. If they can see a way of doing that it would take him out of the equation. Would boost their poll ratings for sure 

1 minute ago, kevinhectoring said:

I would love 202 to be put into administration and for q to take the stadium and sell it with the club. If they can see a way of doing that it would take him out of the equation. Would boost their poll ratings for sure 

What does that even achieve though?  The MSD loan will still be secured against it, so the buyer will still be scrabbling around for an extra £20m+ somewhere.  All it does is remove the option of someone strong-arming Morris into forking something out for it.

And if you're talking about taking the stadium, but still leaving the MSD loan in Morris's hands, there's no way MSD will allow that as they have a security charge against it.  

15 minutes ago, TheresOnlyWanChope said:

If Ashley was really that keen he would have bought the club by now. The issue with leaving it late to make a purchase of DCFC is it’s not like a normal business- performance on the field will be affected with points deductions, reduced squad etc. 

No he wouldn't have bought by now.  He is an experienced businessman.  He is not going to be first out the blocks trying to buy a distressed business asset.  He will wait until there are no other options to get it as cheap as is possible.

He won't care about performance.  What matters is the potential of the deal.

Edited by CBX1985

5 minutes ago, kevinhectoring said:

Wish the EFL were on Q’s shoulder -  this would be fixed more quickly 

Folk are funny aren't they Kev? If the last few years of EFL intercessions taught us anything it's that their assistance is absolutely the superhighway to a sustainable future. I fully agree that Quantuma really should make room in their Holborn HQ for Rick and Trev to hotdesk daily if required. I mean look at the speed with which they sanctioned us in the first place. Only three years after the event. Then the 2 years it took them to find a few blokes who actually thought we'd done something wrong. Then the blinding rapidity of their dealing with Gibbo and Cowpig's grievances. 

How anyone could doubt that they'd soon have this mess sorted is utterly beyond me. 

1 minute ago, 86 Hair Islands said:

Folk are funny aren't they Kev? If the last few years of EFL intercessions taught us anything it's that their assistance is absolutely the superhighway to a sustainable future. I fully agree that Quantuma really should make room in their Holborn HQ for Rick and Trev to hotdesk daily if required. I mean look at the speed with which they sanctioned us in the first place. Only three years after the event. Then the 2 years it took them to find a few blokes who actually thought we'd done something wrong. Then the blinding rapidity of their dealing with Gibbo and Cowpig's grievances. 

How anyone could doubt that they'd soon have this mess sorted is utterly beyond me. 

Do I detect a hint of sarcasm?

1 hour ago, roboto said:

I see it is now the time for some more half-baked puns.

I don’t think so. All we are talking about is getting someone with some dough, prove they can run a football club , and watch us rise again. 

Steve Bloomer is on his way 

6 minutes ago, CBX1985 said:

No he wouldn't have bought by now.  He is an experienced businessman.  He is not going to be first out the blocks trying to buy a distressed business asset.  He will wait until there are no other options to get it as cheap as is possible.

He won't care about performance.  What matters is the potential of the deal.

Of course he will care about performance. Also, EFL won’t let this run and run. They could pull the plug very soon. If Derby are looking like they are headed for league 2, I doubt Mike Ashley will be that keen. The point is, if he really wanted DCFC he would be the owner by now. No question. If anyone will end up owning us I doubt it will b MA

4 minutes ago, 86 Hair Islands said:

Brilliant PMSL.

2 minutes ago, jono said:

I don’t think so. All we are talking about is getting someone with some dough, prove they can run a football club , and watch us rise again. 

Steve Bloomer is on his way 

Some of these puns are a little stale now, to lift our spirts we need Q to stop loafing around so we can toast the new owner

1 hour ago, DCFC27 said:

Not EFLs choice. 

Yes it is. If they decide to withdraw the golden share then their is no more Derby County.

I don't think they would ever do that as they dont want any blame on themselves, but they can if they want to.

1 hour ago, TheresOnlyWanChope said:

To remove membership yes it is 

Only if we are breaking a rule in Admin. We are not. Currently we have paid our way, haven't reduced salaries of players or missed payments without an agreement with the creditors. We are allowed to be in Admin until March 23. 

Our options going into the season (in  admin) 

1) we keep funding the club month by month, keep contracted players and make the rest of the team up of youth players. 

2) Provide proof the club can continue to trade for the full season on a break even budget, this will allow us to sign players externally, for example bringing in the likes of Morrison/Fozzy/Davies again as long as they are happy with £4k a week again. 

At some point next season you would hope the takeover has gone through. 

They have no grounds to remove membership. 

1 minute ago, GenBr said:

Yes it is. If they decide to withdraw the golden share then their is no more Derby County.

I don't think they would ever do that as they dont want any blame on themselves, but they can if they want to.

Have we broken any of the term of administration? 

2 minutes ago, DCFC27 said:

Only if we are breaking a rule in Admin. We are not. Currently we have paid our way, haven't reduced salaries of players or missed payments without an agreement with the creditors. We are allowed to be in Admin until March 23. 

Our options going into the season (in  admin) 

1) we keep funding the club month by month, keep contracted players and make the rest of the team up of youth players. 

2) Provide proof the club can continue to trade for the full season on a break even budget, this will allow us to sign players externally, for example bringing in the likes of Morrison/Fozzy/Davies again as long as they are happy with £4k a week again. 

At some point next season you would hope the takeover has gone through. 

They have no grounds to remove membership. 

If funding isn't secured they can. They won't risk fixtures being incomplete etc.