The Administration Thread

Boycie

20 minutes ago, alram said:

personally i dont know why we are even talking about numerous parties still.

it's been over a week since the deal collapsed, it's been well over that since it was obvious it was gonna collapse

the minute they knew it was going to collapse there should have been a quick deadline to decide the preferred bidder. without one it just slows the whole process.

we are what? weeks from the cut of point where the golden share may be removed? why an earth are the admins still talking to multiple parties. what have they actually done since last week?

If the bidders don't make an offer aligned to what Q are seeking, there's no deal.

The size of the debt makes it the largest debt on football history in the UK.

A new bidder is likely to receive preferred bidder status, once they pass the threshold for buying the club, as set by Q.

1 hour ago, uttoxram75 said:

Drugs or wumming?

Keeping an eye on you ?

@uttoxram75Wumming?  That is a new one on me.  Drugs, only tea and paracetamol... a pint on weekends.

I would have got more "Billy Davies" in if I could.  It was a play on him referring to himself in the third person.  He used to see how many he could get away with in any interview with the press.  

Please see example: https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-3466475/Billy-Davies-whispering-campaign-against-reason-m-not-job.html

Edited by CBX1985
Link explaining my poor attempt at humour

30 minutes ago, alram said:

it's been over a week since the deal collapsed, it's been well over that since it was obvious it was gonna collapse

the minute they knew it was going to collapse there should have been a quick deadline to decide the preferred bidder. without one it just slows the whole process.

we are what? weeks from the cut of point where the golden share may be removed? why an earth are the admins still talking to multiple parties. what have they actually done since last week?

Thats the key bit for me; 'what have the admins actually done since last week?'

We don't actually know as communication isn't their strong point.  All we get are media articles that are seemingly rewritten every few days quoting bids of differing amounts.

The EFL warned us a few days ago that the clock was ticking.  The fixtures are out next week, we don't have any pre-season fixtures lined up, a manager that may or may not be here and a squad that like the rest of us are checking social media every day to find out WTF is going on. 

Surely we have to get some news next week?!?

16 minutes ago, CBX1985 said:

@uttoxram75Wumming?  That is a new one on me.  Drugs, only tea and paracetamol... a pint on weekends.

I would have got more "Billy Davies" in if I could.  It was a play on him referring to himself in the third person.  He used to see how many he could get away with in any interview with the press.  

Please see example: https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-3466475/Billy-Davies-whispering-campaign-against-reason-m-not-job.html

Everyone else got it, so don't worry. 

It's not just the broadband that's slower than average in Utch.

11 minutes ago, maxjam said:

Thats the key bit for me; 'what have the admins actually done since last week?'

We don't actually know as communication isn't their strong point.  All we get are media articles that are seemingly rewritten every few days quoting bids of differing amounts.

The EFL warned us a few days ago that the clock was ticking.  The fixtures are out next week, we don't have any pre-season fixtures lined up, a manager that may or may not be here and a squad that like the rest of us are checking social media every day to find out WTF is going on. 

Surely we have to get some news next week?!?

Yet according to that Mirror article there's no hurry! 

55 minutes ago, alram said:

If you think about it from the creditors' point of view, why wouldn't they talk to multiple bidders?

Too many people are thinking that they are appointed for our benefit. They aren't. 

35 minutes ago, Jase116 said:

Surely the admins have given a date to get all bids in ? I just want to get back to ‘ why an earth have we signed him’ ?

You might think so but according to reliable sources such as Punjabi Rams the admins have specifically stated there is no deadline. Which is concerning to everyone:

1 hour ago, Miggins said:

I am struggling a bit with my new glasses and initially misread this as 'mange'.

As if we haven't enough misfortune  without the gods toying with us even further for their sport!

Now I've typed this, I've developed an itch... mmmm...  psychosomatic perhaps. ?

Billy Davies did a good job in getting us promoted. He did a god job in not getting Forest promoted. So yes overally that's  a good job in getting teams promoted , but theres a reason why he has been out of work since the Forest gig. 

14 minutes ago, Carl Sagan said:

You might think so but according to reliable sources such as Punjabi Rams the admins have specifically stated there is no deadline. Which is concerning to everyone:

Say though they imposed a deadline and all of the 'interested parties' said hey wait, that's not enough time for us to finalise our plans, and they all pull out? What then? 

Everyone in the process is surely clued in on the real timeline anyway? 

They must all know themselves based on their own communications with the EFL at what point the plug is pulled. 

As ever the onus is on the bidders to actually bid; if their hand isn't already forced by the consequence of inaction then there need to be serious questions asked of them too. 

Nobody seems to be asking the question of why people keep stating their interest but failing to follow it up with anything concrete. Why is that? 

Edited by Coconut's Beard

2 hours ago, CBX1985 said:

I can see Billy Davies coming back as manage..  Billy Davies has been out of work for a long time.  Billy Davies has always done a good job at getting sides promoted, whilst Billy Davies would be a lot cheaper.  Billy Davies' "evening proclivities" should not distract from what Billy Davies can do as a manager.

How many times have we told you Billy, stop talking about yourself in the third person.

2 minutes ago, Coconut's Beard said:

Say though they imposed a deadline and all of the 'interested parties' said hey wait, that's not enough time for us to finalise our plans, and they all pull out? What then? 

They must all know themselves based on their own communications with the EFL at what point the plug is pulled. 

As ever the onus is on the bidders to actually bid; if their hand isn't already forced by the consequence of inaction then there need to be serious questions asked of them too. 

They won't until the very last minute.  They will pontificate.  He who speaks first loses.  So all sides keep quiet.  

Unless someone is very naive (CK, etc) they know this truism.  Fine to let people know your plans.  Very different to finalise them.

12 minutes ago, PistoldPete said:

Billy Davies did a good job in getting us promoted. He did a god job in not getting Forest promoted. So yes overally that's  a good job in getting teams promoted , but theres a reason why he has been out of work since the Forest gig. 

The story below has a lot to do with as to why BD finds it hard to get back into football, 12 years ago...but it's the monkey on his back

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/scottish-news/nottingham-forest-boss-billy-davies-1079066

1 minute ago, CBX1985 said:

They won't until the very last minute.  They will pontificate.  He who speaks first loses.  So all sides keep quiet.  

Unless someone is very naive (CK, etc) they know this truism.  Fine to let people know your plans.  Very different to finalise them.

Exactly. 

Makes it kind of difficult for anyone to 'pull their finger out' when there are no bids to process, and the potential bidders will not be forced into action. 

6 minutes ago, Coconut's Beard said:

Indeed, the administrators will give them as long as possible for a bidder to come up with a credible offer and it is no use saying they must accept a bid, even the highest bid may not be enough then there will come a time when the EFL will say time is up. Don't believe the club is too big to be liquidated, no business is too big, the debt may just be too high.

2 hours ago, CBX1985 said:

I can see Billy Davies coming back as manage..  Billy Davies has been out of work for a long time.  Billy Davies has always done a good job at getting sides promoted, whilst Billy Davies would be a lot cheaper.  Billy Davies' "evening proclivities" should not distract from what Billy Davies can do as a manager.

Be careful what you wish for ??