The Administration Thread

Boycie

9 minutes ago, CBX1985 said:

Not quite. The club has good intangible assets.  It has very poor tangible assets.  

Out intangible assets die on liquidation, which is pretty unique in business - it is the reason you would otherwise FORCE liquidation.  The football league have in a way helped us out by saying we wouldn't get Lg2 if liquidated.

You can't say whether the club has good intangible assets or otherwise,they are only worth what someone deems them to be.

8 minutes ago, Steve How Hard? said:

I agree with that but there is obviously money to be made at the right price. All I care is that the club survives. I hate the fact we are being put through the mill by anyone that sees us as way of earning a quick buck. This whole process has been mentally draining. UTR.

We need someone to see us as able to make a profit. The only way for us to make a profit is to be successful.

We have the potential but  we are going to be a difficult sale (oh sorry mega obvious).

Come on you Rams.

We'll get sold and they will want us to survive and do well.

Edited by RoyMac5

1 minute ago, atherstoneram said:

You can't say whether the club has good intangible assets or otherwise,they are only worth what someone deems them to be.

No.  The fact DCFC has a good level of tangible assets is a matter of fact.  How much they are worth is another matter.

3 minutes ago, CBX1985 said:

That doesn't affect the fact they are valuable.  Kelloggs is not valuable for making cereal; it is valuable because it is Kelloggs cereal. 

DCFC have a large fan base.  Founders of FL.  History.  etc.

You can't manufacture that anymore. That is the value.  

You cannot survive by hoping the past keeps you going.It is the here and now what matters to business people not the history that was.

Just now, atherstoneram said:

You cannot survive by hoping the past keeps you going.It is the here and now what matters to business people not the history that was.

With respect. 

Business people buy brands. History and affection is what makes a brand. Why put 1884 on everything if it didn't matter?   I wasn't alive when Clough won the league for this team; when we were in European Cup.  

We support the same team.  I live 80 miles from Derby, and have an array of choice in who I support.  It would be far more convenient for me to support a much more successful team that is much more convenient to me.  I don't.

We are sticky supporters of a never to be remade brand.  That is value.

18 minutes ago, atherstoneram said:

On what grounds, we do not have any remit to sue them

I think we do but we’ve probably appointed them on terms that prevent us from suing them. THEY HAVE NO IDEA HOW TO MANAGE AN M&A PROCESS AND WE SHOULD BE GRATEFUL THE EFL ARE STEPPING IN.  NO ONE ELSE CAN

7 minutes ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

Well, it's got to be 4th time lucky right?

like there;s no way we possibly end up the mad lady in the loonatic asylum who is still wearing her wedding dress convinced the groom is going to arrive any moment and then things won;t be broken any more.

“Insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results

What’s going to change the 4th time perhaps another mad lady, there’s no shortage of them out there!!!

8 minutes ago, atherstoneram said:

That's how most football clubs operate though. It isn't like a supermarket, you don't just switch for better value. It's the ONLY reason we still have a chance of being rescued. Without the fanbase we have accrued, we would have been like Bury by now. 

Just now, Andicis said:

It's all well and good all of these parties being interested, but they never actually seem to make a bid. I do seriously wonder if the size of the liability is just too much risk for any potential owner to assume. 

Debts being so high, no stadium, the complex labarinth of the company structures - it's not an easy sell.