The Administration Thread

Boycie

We have seen what the EFL mean when they talk about sporting integrity. If they believe doing what happened to Derby last season (no penalties awarded until we accept -9 points etc) was the epitome of integrity, then I get nervous. Can we really see Gibsons men doing anything productive to save the club? It isnt in the interests of the 71 other clubs to have a successful Derby or even a viable Derby. I'm sure Championship teams dont want the chance of resurgent Derby bouncing through a double promotion (does happen) it reduces their chances. Do L1 teams vying for promotion this year want to face Derby or Mansfield in their quest for 6 points. L2, Mansfield or ... whoever lost the Play Off from the Conference. Not a chance they want Derby to exist, it's a competitive business, and they want rid of their competitors. Birch, Parry both like to say they are merely the voice for those clubs.

The only thing is I reckon they can't actually outrank the appointed administrators, just observe.

But if they are in the room then as the EFL leaks like a sieve we should learn more each day. Q also cant play silly beggars in not talking to certain bidders. 

I cant wait for everything to be published in a rip-roaring 2000 page drama (bit like this thread but with less puns.) I'd love to read it, well,  providing I know it all ends well.

6 minutes ago, Arsene Titman said:

It’s happening tomorrow. Birch is “at war” with Quantuma and wants to find out what is holding up CK’s funding

2 minutes ago, rsmini said:

Curious as to who exactly is he going to visit at Derby? Be better visiting the Administrators office 

5 minutes ago, alexxxxx said:

I don't think the EFL would pull the plug. Even if football creditors aren't paid back in full. The other clubs wouldn't get see a penny.

Good point

Plus it means the other League One clubs would lose 1/23rd of their annual matchday incomes (or more as Derby will be one of the biggest attendances for most teams).

Or at the very least, they may each have to refund their season ticket holders 1/23rd of the ST cost - an admin nightmare

1 minute ago, SamUltraRam said:

Good point

Plus it means the other League One clubs would lose 1/23rd of their annual matchday incomes (or more as Derby will be one of the biggest attendances for most teams).

Or at the very least, they may each have to refund their season ticket holders 1/23rd of the ST cost - an admin nightmare

They could put Mansfield in? Apparently there is a way to make parallel fixtures!

8 minutes ago, rsmini said:

Curious as to who exactly is he going to visit at Derby? Be better visiting the Administrators office 

Notice it also says the efl involvement raises eyebrows with bidders aswell. Maybe these might be some of the bidders who are doing alot of talking and no walking. People like Ashley who insist they are not being spoken too etc but putting that ridiculous of an offer in not only will the admins not accept it but neither will the efl. Where's the bidders excuses going to come in then. 

Edited by Barney1991

11 minutes ago, Chopper said:

We have seen what the EFL mean when they talk about sporting integrity. If they believe doing what happened to Derby last season (no penalties awarded until we accept -9 points etc) was the epitome of integrity, then I get nervous. Can we really see Gibsons men doing anything productive to save the club? It isnt in the interests of the 71 other clubs to have a successful Derby or even a viable Derby. I'm sure Championship teams dont want the chance of resurgent Derby bouncing through a double promotion (does happen) it reduces their chances. Do L1 teams vying for promotion this year want to face Derby or Mansfield in their quest for 6 points. L2, Mansfield or ... whoever lost the Play Off from the Conference. Not a chance they want Derby to exist, it's a competitive business, and they want rid of their competitors. Birch, Parry both like to say they are merely the voice for those clubs.

The only thing is I reckon they can't actually outrank the appointed administrators, just observe.

But if they are in the room then as the EFL leaks like a sieve we should learn more each day. Q also cant play silly beggars in not talking to certain bidders. 

I cant wait for everything to be published in a rip-roaring 2000 page drama (bit like this thread but with less puns.) I'd love to read it, well,  providing I know it all ends well.

EFL leaking like a sieve is not a good thing when you are in commercially confidential discussions with buyers. 

29 minutes ago, LeedsCityRam said:

Well, yes if Kirchner's money arrives its all moot but at this moment, there is still little confidence that will happen. With respect to the rumours, guess the point is we don't know Pete. Its all been so secretive that its either guesswork or journalists tweeting out details. Unfortunately it is now such a media storm that there needs to be oversight - my choice would actually be a very small cross party group of MPs (Tracey Crouch, Derby MPs & Sports Minister) but the EFL have stepped in instead.

I also do not trust the EFL & consider it a risk that they may be 'influenced' by other clubs or other bidders threatening legal action in reaching a decision on the golden share. However at this particular point in time, I trust them more than Quantuma. And that is about as damning an indictment as you're going to get.

I trust EFL less than Quantuma but slightly more than Vladimir Putin. 

The EFL are an utter disgrace. They say they are frustrated about the fact that Q haven't sorted the sale. Not defending Q as they have been found left wanting in a number of areas, but has it not dawned on The ELF that at every opportunity, they have looked to push us further under?

They've been hell-bent on making sure we got relegated with the 2 points deductions (the second of which was pretty questionable), reducing our attractiveness. They've screwed us over re: being able to renew existing players' contracts. Again reducing our value. Then they failed to grow a pair and tell Boro and Wycombe where to go with their spurious claims, further delaying things.

Has it occurred to them for one moment that a large slice of the blame for this saga still being on-going is down to their very poor governance?

Edited by Sheff Ram
SPELLING!

35 minutes ago, B4ev6is said:

I would but my season ticket tommrow if I could.

Fine, but most could not justify expense with no guarantee of any games.  You would never get your money back in liquidation.  

13 minutes ago, uttoxram75 said:

We've been screwed by the EFL since the t***** from Teeside threatened them. That's why a takeover didn't happen six months ago when we still had a bit of a squad and an outside chance of stopping up.

I see EFL as a bit of a scapegoat.  I think they're an easy target, but in tough position - and do have to make difficuly choices.

We know Q had someone lined up a PB.  We don't know who... Could have been CK.  

4 minutes ago, Sheff Ram said:

The EFL are an utter disgrace. They say they are frustrated about the fact that Q haven't sorted the sale. Not defending Q as they have been found left wanting in a number of areas, but has it not dawned on The ELF that at every opportunity, they have looked to push us further under?

They've been hell-bent on making sure we got relegated with the 2 points deductions (the second of which was pretty questionable), reducing our attractiveness. They've screwed us over re: being able to renew existing players' contracts. Again reducing our value. Then they failed to grow a pair and tell Boro and Wycombe where to go with their spurious claims, further delaying things.

Has it occurred to them for one moment that a large slice of the blame for this saga still being on-going is down to their very poor governance?

Yes it has occurred to them that they might be responsible which is why they are so keen to blame everyone else but themselves.