The Administration Thread

Boycie

On 10/06/2022 at 08:14, Woodypecker said:

Agreed - Morris is culpable re: his decision to ditch the club - but don't disregard EFL's negative influence, their history with MM as a provocateur, cited League delays and acquiescence over novel parasite claims, and the time-vampires at EFL HQ who sucked the days and weeks out of the club, Q and bidders to make relegation inevitable. 

Morris consigned the club to the vultures from every direction - but others including Parry & cronies, Gibson, Cowpig drove their bulldozers to our survival chances on and off the field since September.

Hey ho, rants don't solve owt and so we're left to second-guess and fret the days away.

Ask yourself, “why have dcfc had all these problems and the other 71 clubs haven’t?”

There shouldn’t be any doubt who started all this crap and carried it on until we were viewed as the devil incarnate.

1 hour ago, angieram said:

I agree in principle,  but it's hard for us to simultaneously find the actual news among the drivel on here, mod the insults and libellous posts and post on the updates thread.

From what I can see, most of Dorsett's, Percy's and Nixon's tweets have been speculative at best. That Sky are running this as a major news story is appalling journalism, imo, and if anyone wondered before why Quantuma were reluctant to engage with Ashley, they surely aren't now, if this is the way he does business. Looks to me like he is trying to bully his way into ownership.

Thanks - agree it's tough to know what's actual news and what is speculative and we don't want the "official" thread overrun. Think your two recent posts help to show things are happening. 

When will it end!? 

43 minutes ago, GenBr said:

In your first sentence you disagree and then in your second paragraph you agree with me. As i said the premier league has nothing to do with being a sustainable club. Just because some owners want to gamble and spend big to get to the big time is irrelevant and it certainly doesnt mean Derby cant be sustainable. 

If it means bouncing between divisions then so be it. You keep citing examples of sustainable clubs and then stating its impossible to do. What you actually seem to be arguing is that you personally think its impossible to be sustainable and get promoted to the Prem. 

Yes the blokes from the pub was an exaggeration, but thanks for taking it literally. Derby has more than enough income to create a competitive squad in both the championship and league one. There is absolutely zero reason we should be losing tens of millions of pounds every year.

The problem with Mel Morris's regime was that he put way too much money in, didnt pay the bills, didnt follow the rules, didnt run us sustainably and breached ffp. He ran up bills we had no chance of paying back.

If you can't see the link between the Premier League and the inflated costs of the EFL there is no point in this discussion. We will simply have to agree to disagree.

If we had beaten Villa, would Mel have put too much in? We are not in this mess because of how much Mel put in - we are in this mess because it didn't work and he decided to bail out.

Sustainability is the difference between promotion and not. 

Running at break even and remaining in the Championship for a sustained period has never been achieved. Maybe all owners of Championship clubs are just idiots? Maybe it's a run of bad luck. IMO it's more likely to be a structural weakness in the fiscal realties of the division.

2 minutes ago, CornwallRam said:

If you can't see the link between the Premier League and the inflated costs of the EFL there is no point in this discussion. We will simply have to agree to disagree.

If we had beaten Villa, would Mel have put too much in? We are not in this mess because of how much Mel put in - we are in this mess because it didn't work and he decided to bail out.

Sustainability is the difference between promotion and not. 

Running at break even and remaining in the Championship for a sustained period has never been achieved. Maybe all owners of Championship clubs are just idiots? Maybe it's a run of bad luck. IMO it's more likely to be a structural weakness in the fiscal realties of the division.

I always said Derby's real crime was failure.

Sorry if this has been already dicussed. Too many pages to digest everything.

I was under the impression that the stadium now has a 'local' buyer. That being the case, whatever Ashley bids will be for just the club, not the stadium, and the stadium could be rented.

If that's not his intention, it would imply that he's just after the real estate, and sod what happens to the club.

7 hours ago, RoyMac5 said:

Lol. Only after they came out in the media and clarified it - before then what was it?

Not sure that ck was under any deadline to complete before q set the Friday 5pm deadline   (Tho maybe there was a drop dead date in the spa ?)  But the point of my earlier post was : until ck’s deadline was passed q was not in a position to speak to other bidders because ck was pb. So for them all to complain that q was not speaking to them was daft 

1 minute ago, Phoenix said:

Sorry if this has been already dicussed. Too many pages to digest everything.

I was under the impression that the stadium now has a 'local' buyer. That being the case, whatever Ashley bids will be for just the club, not the stadium, and the stadium could be rented.

If that's not his intention, it would imply that he's just after the real estate, and sod what happens to the club.

Again, it's not 100% clear what the stadium situation is if CKs deal doesn't go through as I think the stadium deal depended on CKs deal (and CKs deal sepended on the stadium deal). If someone had simply bought PP we'd have heard by now "XX has completed the purchase of Pride Park Stadium, with an agreement in place to lease the ground to the new ownership of DCFC"

9 minutes ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

Again, it's not 100% clear what the stadium situation is if CKs deal doesn't go through as I think the stadium deal depended on CKs deal (and CKs deal sepended on the stadium deal). If someone had simply bought PP we'd have heard by now "XX has completed the purchase of Pride Park Stadium, with an agreement in place to lease the ground to the new ownership of DCFC"

No one will confirm purchase of the stadium till the club is saved. If they confirmed the purchase and the deal for the club didn’t go through it would be a terrible piece of business. 

15 minutes ago, LeedsCityRam said:

The evidence is Luton have made profits in the Championship & then gone onto to finish top 6. How can that be wishful thinking & what do you know about their as yet unreleased accounts?!

Wages are inflated in the Championship because owners keep paying them. Owners that have a long term plan, put appropriate people in roles to achieve that plan & stand firm with financial discipline will be able to achieve success & do it within a budget. Too many owners of the larger clubs in the EFL are far too short term in their approach & can't abide any difficult spells as they don't want fans getting on their back. So they discard decent managers, make panic signings & pay the going rate for bang average players & 'Championship' experience.

Your earlier post referenced the difficulties Burton & Rotherham had staying within a budget & remaining competitive in the Championship but that would be entirely expected given their small crowds & revenue. To reiterate, Derby have a natural advantage over the vast majority of EFL clubs - not pretending it would be easy but our Academy successes & the value signings we were able to make this season on low wages point the way forward.

Have you any evidence that Luton made an operating profit? They did make a £3m profit in the season that they made £9m profit on transfers. That's not going to be sustainable over the medium term.

Obviously all Championship owners are deeply stupid - why did none of them think that all hey needed to do was stop paying the wages demanded by the players? 

Agree that Derby are a bigger club than Burton and Rotherham, but we also have bigger overheads. In a world where sustainability is possible, Derby County would have a natural advantage - but in the actual world, we don't because all other clubs are spending more than they can afford.

I'm not sure last season helps your argument. We finished 18th (?) with a smattering of expensive players, cheap signings and academy graduates. The sustainability model does not allow the expensive players and it's highly unlikely that a £5m per year outlay on an academy would be within budget. We also weren't close to competing at the sharp end with that squad. Take away Lawrence, Bielik, Joswiak (maybe not) and Byrne and it could easily be a relegation squad. That's not to disparage any of last  year's players or management - they all did fantastically well. 

Football does have to sort the mess out. It's a ridiculous situation, but it won't be sorted out by a single club ploughing a virtuous  furrow - that's Canute-like delusion (yes, I do know it wasn't his delusion he was proving). Worryingly, I think it might be a bug club getting liquidated which actually provides the shock to sort it out.

58 minutes ago, Barney1991 said:

Ck’s bid was the lowest you could do to avoid a points penalty so anything less is a points penalty. To start with 15 points less with 5 players and just over a month to get 20 players in and gel is suicide. We need to start with 0 points 

From memory the difference between CKs bid and the others was he was paying the creditors more. The administrators job is to accept the best deal for the creditors which might not be the best for the club!

1 minute ago, hintonsboots said:

Well I believe win the Lottery tonight, but is it achievable?

It all depends on if you’ve bought a ticket, and how you made the funds that you used to purchase the ticket, and whether the transaction for the ticket has been held up by the “financial police” and so on and so forth