The Administration Thread

Boycie

2 minutes ago, Tyler Durden said:

It's ok for them though isn't it which is the be all and end all of matters currently.

What or whom is the alternative to MA then?

Or are you willing for the club to get liquidated rather than swallow a 15 point deduction. 

Can't really get your point 

Never at all said I wanted the club to be liquidated, but when there are still options on the table, I’m amazed with how many people are willing to accept the -15.

I hate to say it but with this dragging on any longer and -15, the club will be straight down to league two and that would have massive repercussions for the club and city.

Ideal situation, any party takes over, meeting the requirements for a clean slate, beggars can’t be choosers but I just don’t believe we are quite there yet.

We should judge any new owner, whether it be CK, MA, AN OTHER (eg Appleby), on their actions with DCFC and not on what they have done in the past (either in terms of the bidding process, their previous experience of owning a club, how they act in the press, whether other fans like them etc).  I really don't get the apparent excitement of CK taking over and trepidation about MA when neither of them has either a: taken us over or b: been in a position to make any decisions about the club or make any investment in management, players or infrastructure.  The clamour for CK might end up in the same disappointment as we've had under Mel, which took several years to come to fruition after long periods of him looking like a fantastic owner (in terms of investment anyway).  The concern about Ashley might turn out to be similarly misguided for other reasons. 

There are no guarantees with any owner.  I suggest that rather than speculate wildly about what life would be with any of them, we keep our fingers crossed that somebody will take over and when/if they do, we let them get on with the job and see how they do. If its good - we rejoice; if its bad - we complain... just like we always have with any owner we've had. There will be good times and bad times and nothing done or said now will dictate things one way or another. 

Edited by LazloW

3 minutes ago, Yani P said:

If contracts have been exchanged as called out a couple of weeks ago I'm assuming he could be sued if it fell through?

I still can't see any logical reason, still think it can only relate to the release of his funds, not whether he has the funds.

But if contracts were exchanged on condition a stadium deal would be done, the contracts can be torn up if MM doesn’t sign a deal

it’s Q’s job to control this process and the deal is careering around like a raging bull on steroids

18 minutes ago, DJFern94 said:

Clownes has an agreement to purchase the stadium if CK buys the club. No such agreement made for any other party.

Ed Dawes was really pushing the idea there that Mel doesn’t want to deal with Ashley as he could be more successful than him.

Is everyone on here spelling Clowes surname incorrectly deliberately? 

Time to put it all aside until tomorrow, and relax with tonight's playlist:

Waiting In Vain - Bob Marley

Help! - The Beatles

Too Much Monkey Business - Chuck Berry

The Great Deception - Van Morrison

By The Time I Get To Phoenix - Glen Campbell

Ashley will not make money if were slumming about in league 1/2. We won't have -15. MA will eventually buy the stadium. He has pedigree in running a club sustainably but competitively. He made a lot of good decisions at Newcastle. Who knows maybe Gary Cook still comes in and Rooney stay. I think Rooney will be glad when its over and he can finally work without his hands and legs tied behind his back 

5 minutes ago, Tamworthram said:

Depends. Maybe his offer is now null and void if a timeline was agreed and the reason this has been met is down to him. Also, as you say, if he does walk away then there’s no offer to match.

If CK sticks around it wont mean his offer is null & void, especially if he has actually sent money and proven it.

If CK does walk away, then we're back to square one.

7 minutes ago, Yani P said:

If contracts have been exchanged as called out a couple of weeks ago I'm assuming he could be sued if it fell through?

I still can't see any logical reason, still think it can only relate to the release of his funds, not whether he has the funds.

If alls true,

Lets see if this scenario works, MM and CK don't see eye too eye, MM doesn't want CK anywhere near PP, MM has a word with MA, MAs people have a word with Dawes, Dawes spills the beans, Shyte hits the fan, Q pi$$ed off, Consider calling CK exclusivity off and offer to other bidders...ie MA

Did we really land on the Moon ?

21 minutes ago, DJFern94 said:

Clownes has an agreement to purchase the stadium if CK buys the club. No such agreement made for any other party.

Ed Dawes was really pushing the idea there that Mel doesn’t want to deal with Ashley as he could be more successful than him.

I mean - Mel if you’re reading this, you’ve set the bar pretty low, a blind parrot could do a better job of running Derby County. 

3 minutes ago, Unlucky Alf said:

If alls true,

Lets see if this scenario works, MM and CK don't see eye too eye, MM doesn't want CK anywhere near PP, MM has a word with MA, MAs people have a word with Dawes, Dawes spills the beans, Shyte hits the fan, Q pi$$ed off, Consider calling CK exclusivity off and offer to other bidders...ie MA

Did we really land on the Moon ?

I wouldn't be surprised if that is not exactly what has happened. I've had a feeling all along that MMM and MA are in cohoots .... Not sure about the moon bit though ??

43 minutes ago, Coconut's Beard said:

...and immediately criticised the state of the infrastructure. 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.skysports.com/amp/football/news/12040/12433858/newcastle-united-owners-plan-upgrades-for-stadium-training-ground-academy-and-more

". Newcastle have trained at Darsley Park since 2003, but Staveley has said the facilities are "really awful" and must be improved, and that St James' Park "needs a little bit of love."

"There's no point having fantastic players if there's nowhere suitable for them to train," Staveley also said 

What isn't so attractive is the condition of the club: the stadium certainly needs work done to it and a lick of paint, and the consortium are well aware of that.

"Amanda Staveley described the training ground as 'awful' last week, so that's something she'll want to either completely start again, or refurbish, but I'd imagine they'd want to rip it up and start again.  " 

https://www.shieldsgazette.com/sport/football/newcastle-united/newcastle-uniteds-owners-planning-st-jamess-park-renovation-and-expansion-3623326

Expansion was never on Ashley’s agenda – the billionaire ditched plans for a 60,000 ground drawn up by the previous administration – and the stadium was neglected.

The club is already working on plans for internal refurbishments for areas which badly need updating.

For many years, Newcastle fans mocked the pink seats at the Stadium of Light. The reality, however, was that St James’s Park also badly needed a internal and external facelift, something which has been underlined by photographs circulated on social media over the past few years. There were pictures of peeling paint, damp toilets, tiny TVs and dangling cables.

However, the figures told a different story. Just £200,000 was spent on infrastructure in 2019/20. Damningly, the club spent a “feeble” £11million on infrastructure under Ashley up to July 2020, according to analysis from Swiss Ramble"

Sounds absolutely wonderful! 

Sounds better standard than the Baseball Ground in its entire existence..  I'm more concerned with the club having a ground and the team in it.  I'll gladly piss in a bucket.  Makes no odds.

Well at least Quantuma have acted quickly, for the first time in their lives. That’s it then, Ashley it is with a 15 point deduction, no players and back to back relegations to League Two. The academy will be decimated, facilities left to ruin, and staff treated like subhumans. Depressing stuff.

Cannot believe how much time we’ve wasted on this chancer. The man talks a good game on twitter, but has nothing to back it up.

Edited by Millenniumram