The Administration Thread

Boycie

It seems to me that kircher going to get us and I think when he does be thousands of derby fans welcome him to his new home. And then we can help mel leave pp and never ever ever darken pp doors ever ever ever again.

Love the hypocritical flip flopping.

Q should be listening to all bids, even the ones which don't exist, not entering into periods of exclusivity or extending them for any one bidder. That's the correct way to do things because I say so, even though I know nothing about the internal workings of the process I've decided that I know better than them and they're wrong. They're obviously wrong because it hasn't been sorted yet!

What's that? Q were listening to all bids on the table 3 months ago? OMG are they idiots? Why were they doing that? What they should have been doing instead of wasting time encouraging and weighing up various bids is just selected one and got on with it! Why? Because I say so, even though I know nothing about the internal workings of the process I've decided that I know better than them and they were wrong. They're obviously wrong because it hasn't been sorted yet!

2 hours ago, RAM1966 said:

They should at this stage be considering all offers.  Take the best one that goes through.

The price for the stadium has not changed, yet CK said he was not interested in it, then moved the goalposts with a couple of days left.....

Poorly managed by Q and CK, thetefore all offers at this stage should be on the table.....

I genuinely think that Q see the CK deal as better for creditors and it’s the only bid which makes it the preferred choice but….if in a few days time when the exclusivity expires there are still problems then I expect MA to bud well under the price and get it including the ground but mean -15 points 

I was told shortly after we went into admin by a reliable source who had a night out with someone from Q that MA was very much interested in buying us but his valuation will not be anywhere near what was required to please creditors …I don’t think that has changed …if anyone thinks MA is not in background waiting to see if he can get at his value then you’re very much wrong ….after reading the articles tonight I firmly believe CK will get this over the line but…..if he doesn’t MA will step in 

13 minutes ago, S8TY said:

I genuinely think that Q see the CK deal as better for creditors and it’s the only bid which makes it the preferred choice but….if in a few days time when the exclusivity expires there are still problems then I expect MA to bud well under the price and get it including the ground but mean -15 points 

I was told shortly after we went into admin by a reliable source who had a night out with someone from Q that MA was very much interested in buying us but his valuation will not be anywhere near what was required to please creditors …I don’t think that has changed …if anyone thinks MA is not in background waiting to see if he can get at his value then you’re very much wrong ….after reading the articles tonight I firmly believe CK will get this over the line but…..if he doesn’t MA will step in 

MA and -15 points (and no Rooney) would mean league 2 to follow 23/24. No sane businessman would see this as "value"

4 hours ago, sunnyhill60 said:

MA and -15 points (and no Rooney) would mean league 2 to follow 23/24. No sane businessman would see this as "value"

Someone looking long-term might - suspect MA would take that as a possibility if it meant he could save £10-15M on the initial purchase price….. and while Rooney is a huge asset currently (and I have huge respect for the way he’s handled himself and the job he’s doing), I’m sad to say he’s also relatively expensive and is not irreplaceable - there are other managers out there who could rebuild us….

9 hours ago, Coconut's Beard said:

Says the attention seeking clown. 

It could very easily be argued that Kirchner is  looking to pay 'over the value' with figures between 25 and 45 million considering the ridiculous state Mel's left it in. There's no requirement for him to pay out enough to avoid the -15 points next season, that's his choice - he could get it far cheaper than that, like Ashley is trying to do.

Most football chairman get into the game knowing that it's potentially going to be a money trap, plenty of them lose money hand over fist and have to bail the club out via loans, guarantees, write-offs and other tricks especially in the Championship where clubs are recording massive losses. 

The only person taking rubbish is the one throwing out clichés that don't fit and thinking it wins them an argument. 

But your talking about Ashley and he’s not most football chairman as his track record at Newcastle shows along with his business style elsewhere 

5 hours ago, sunnyhill60 said:

I think Mike Ashley's plan is League 2 for next season with no imposed business plan. Sports Direct pay us £20m for advertising - which is a tax loss for them. We walk League 2 and by 23/24 we're a very competitive League 1 side.

Why do people think this is the only bid, Appleby definately sumitted a bid.  Its reported that Ashley became frustrated at the lack of response from Q, so he has most likely submitted on too.

I appreciate CK bis may appear to be the best in town for the other creditors, I do feel from his comments though he and Morris are going to come to an agreement on the ground.

For the reason above and time running out they should have said to CK, you've known about the stadium since the start of this process, its £22m and if you wanted it, you should of struck a deal with Morris before entering into the the exclusivity period.  Both he and Q havr failed in thier due diligence, think Mel would just roll over, we know thats not going to happen.

I said as soon as Kirchner mention PPS was a red flag that this deal will not happen.  I stand by that u ness, either the council or local businessmen buy it and lease it back for a peppcorn rent.  Even then I do not feel CK is getting value for money, he was expecting to hoover up the stadium for a £1 as the golden share and 5 players is not worth £35m for a lg1 club.

I think it will be liquidation now, with Ashley purchasing the ground and starting again wherever as a Pheonix club.....

I sincerely hope Im wrong, but can't see CK paying out circa £57m for the club if he wants ownership of the ground.

Edited by RAM1966

9 hours ago, Animal is a Ram said:

This one started when a preferred bidder, who we now know to be CK, was due to be announced and then promptly wasn't, then it just became the de facto Admin thread just to stop people creating millions of the buggers. Admin started in September.

CK was not the Preferred bidder in December . telegraph said it was Ashley. It certainly wasn’t CK.

8 hours ago, Zag zig said:

Rick Parry telling the world the biggest problem all along was the stadium ? man, he’s not far behind Morris in bad karma wishes.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/61386082

The stadium has never been a big hurdle .. it has only become an issue now because of the need to get a quick sale. The council may not be able to do due diligence in time. The biggest hurdle all along has been the EFL. And Parry is very keen of course to suggest otherwise. What a contemptible man. 

41 minutes ago, CornwallRam said:

I think Mike Ashley's plan is League 2 for next season with no imposed business plan. Sports Direct pay us £20m for advertising - which is a tax loss for them. We walk League 2 and by 23/24 we're a very competitive League 1 side.

Not sure how League 2 for next season can happen ?

15 minutes ago, PistoldPete said:

The stadium has never been a big hurdle .. it has only become an issue now because of the need to get a quick sale. The council may not be able to do due diligence in time. The biggest hurdle all along has been the EFL. And Parry is very keen of course to suggest otherwise. What a contemptible man. 

Does the sale of the Stadium clear the loan? (The loan is on DCFC books and not MM)

If not and the £22m is going in MM pocket, then other securities need to be found for that loan. No one, especially DCC, isgoing to buy the Stadium with someone else`s loan secured against it.

5 minutes ago, derby8 said:

Not sure how League 2 for next season can happen ?

The speculation was if derby county is bought out of liquidationn the EFL *might* allow an entry to league 2. I don't think that's confirmed, and others are very insistent that we'd be starting a few tiers lower than that.

I'd guess L2 might be negotiated if it's Mike Ashley and it's very quickly done in a looks like DCFC, quacks like DCFC kind of way and the ground is sorted. I'd still feel sick though.

1 minute ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

The speculation was if derby county is bought out of liquidationn the EFL *might* allow an entry to league 2. I don't think that's confirmed, and others are very insistent that we'd be starting a few tiers lower than that.

I'd guess L2 might be negotiated if it's Mike Ashley and it's very quickly done in a looks like DCFC, quacks like DCFC kind of way and the ground is sorted. I'd still feel sick though.

Thanks for that.

I suppose the other thing for MA to consider may be taking the -15 in League 1 and believing he could put out a team to survive. This season was -21 but -15 next season could just be ok with then promotion back to the championship the target for 2023/24.

Just now, derby8 said:

Thanks for that.

I suppose the other thing for MA to consider may be taking the -15 in League 1 and believing he could put out a team to survive. This season was -21 but -15 next season could just be ok with then promotion back to the championship the target for 2023/24.

It'd still be hard, and the EFL would no doubt impose even harsher "business plan" measures and he a hard sell to get players into the club at -15.

7 hours ago, Red Ram said:

It's pretty obviously true. Just don't get the anti EFL sentiment. Mel Morris bears sole responsibility for the club's plight.

Yeah right. Who brought the charge against Derby then 4 years after signing off on the accounts and two years after signing off on the stadium sale? Who pursued the matter despite much of the allegations being thrown out and tried to get us relegated when at most the only sanction should have been a modest fine? Who indulged the Boro claim which could have bankrupted the club? Who has been briefing against us with multiple misleading statements and leaks to the press over the last two and a half years? Two and a half years during which one man has presided over the EFL the spiteful Parry. And two and half years of a continuing vendetta that has made it almost impossible to sell the club.

1 minute ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

It'd still be hard, and the EFL would no doubt impose even harsher "business plan" measures and he a hard sell to get players into the club at -15.

Yes, the business plan measures could make that difficult, perhaps he can find a formula for -15 but no special measures...

5 minutes ago, PistoldPete said:

Yeah right. Who brought the charge against Derby then 4 years after signing off on the accounts and two years after signing off on the stadium sale? Who pursued the matter despite much of the allegations being thrown out and tried to get us relegated when at most the only sanction should have been a modest fine? Who indulged the Boro claim which could have bankrupted the club? Who has been briefing against us with multiple misleading statements and leaks to the press over the last two and a half years? Two and a half years during which one man has presided over the EFL the spiteful Parry. And two and half years of a continuing vendetta that has made it almost impossible to sell the club.

Are you Mel Morris?  Can't believe your still defending him.....