The Administration Thread

Boycie

7 hours ago, kevinhectoring said:

I’d thought the stadium purchase price is 20m less what MM is willing to tip in. Don’t think it’s driven by the 25%/35% requirement at all 

That's right (because it's a separate but apparently linked transaction in CK bid). It was just my way of saying that AFAIK it's a maximum of £20m because that's what MM needs to pay off MSD loan.

8 hours ago, kevinhectoring said:

Ultimately this should get fixed. But delay could result in CK losing patience and so the City need to be moving forward with this now. And Q needs to be less passive that they have been to date. They need to stop trying to be nice to everyone  

Mel Morris still has some goodwill with some people, I don't believe that he would be willing to give that up and so believe he'll reach agreement over the stadium. Probably. Hopefully.

7 hours ago, Carl Sagan said:

It's surely not in Q's gift to do anything with the stadium. It's owned by Mel but with loans to MSD secured against it. The result of dcfc selling the stadium in the first place is that it's now a completely separate thing from the club. Q cannot force through a deal or put anything else into admin. All part of Mel's tangled web. 

Q is working with MSD who hold the charge over the stadium - MSD can force a filing at 202. It’s Q’s job to sell the club. It’s also Q’s job to decide whether directors and former directors should be singled out for criticism. They have several levers and they need to use them to force the pace. We’ve not seen signs to date that they are doing this.  (One worry obviously is that they have done a ‘deal’ with MM that allows him his 20 m deposit back. If they’ve done that there needs to be compromise, given what is currently possible , and the City’s involvement may be vital)

the City have levers too - they have a massive megaphone and have begun to use it to castigate MM in the public eye. This puts pressure on him. The City needs also need to continue to drive a hard line to get this done quickly. 

I think it’ll get done. But Q need to stop fannying around and telling us how nice everyone is. Hopefully they are pushing all this forward below the surface 

1 hour ago, PistoldPete said:

What is SPA? Purchase agreement? But conditional … so can we extend player contracts on the basis of a conditional agreement. Don’t see why not .. don’t have to be formally out of admin to do this. 

It's a Share Purchase Agreement - worked with a few of these.  Essentially where a Seller obligates to sell a specific amount of shares to a Buyer at an agreed price to take over a company. It contains the core terms and conditions of the sale and sets out what the buyer will be undertaking following the purchase but also normally also sets out the sellers obligations as part of the purchase too. 

9 hours ago, tinman said:

Nope

they can take an interest but as it’s a private transaction between two separate parties it’s nothing to do with them. 
having the value of an asset and a cost offs an asset are two different things. 
a players value is completely different to the price that may be paid during a transfer for example. 

Thanks , legally that makes sense then. ?

28 minutes ago, Curtains said:

Isn’t this an existing problem. The money will run out and the takeover has to happen. I guess EFL could expel Derby from the league if it’s dragging on too long. Hopefully it will be sorted with CK. 

40 minutes ago, Curtains said:

I think there could be problems.

CK has changed his tone slightly this week..I've seen

"I don't own the club yet" "clock is ticking" "everyone knows the money runs out soon".

We will know a lot more, or at least CK will, in the next 48 hours I suspect.

Who knows. His intent might simply be to give a hurry-on to the people who can actually influence the bits that he has little control over. An 'It's not me that is dragging their heels here' statement and nothing more. We all know that the money is running out and that a prompt takeover is vital or its game over. Nothing particularly new there though is there ?

1 hour ago, Curtains said:

Try to keep on a level mate. 

These due processes are horrendous when you are on the outside as you aren't allowed to peek in. 

Not saying that there aren't things that might yet scupper us. Quantuma don't fill me with complete confidence. 

But there's no point in us speculating, we'll just give ussens headaches.... ?

3 minutes ago, QuitYourJibbaJivin said:

Can somebody give a short review of Nixons new patreon tweet?

Apparently saying that it's expected to complete soon. Council will get the ground with the expectation that new owner buys from them within set time frame. 

Edited by TheSlate
fat fingered typo