The Administration Thread

Boycie

11 minutes ago, TheresOnlyWanChope said:

And why they didn’t fight the 9 points deduction. 

I think that's fairly obvious.  They wanted it done as quickly as possible, and to have a clean slate for the new owner.  If they had been allowed to compress the Boro/Wycombe claims, it would have absolutely been the right decision - we could well have been out of admin by now and maybe even strengthened slightly in January rather than weakened ourselves.  Obviously hindsight is 20/20 etc etc.

14 minutes ago, duncanjwitham said:

I think that's fairly obvious.  They wanted it done as quickly as possible, and to have a clean slate for the new owner.  If they had been allowed to compress the Boro/Wycombe claims, it would have absolutely been the right decision - we could well have been out of admin by now and maybe even strengthened slightly in January rather than weakened ourselves.  Obviously hindsight is 20/20 etc etc.

Felt strange there was no fight against that point deduction which could have helped stay in the division. I would guess it may have been to do with financing a defence - costly. 

I like the simple straight responses from CK on that twitter announcement. The only thing that gives me slight pause in that response is the bit about wanting to know which division they were planning for. Now that is of course completely understandable but it just raises a thought about potentially different offers conditional on League status and whether that might complicate the offer and therefore debt situation and getting the deal over the line. Hopefully just fretting about nothing.

8 minutes ago, Alty_Ram said:

I like the simple straight responses from CK on that twitter announcement. The only thing that gives me slight pause in that response is the bit about wanting to know which division they were planning for. Now that is of course completely understandable but it just raises a thought about potentially different offers conditional on League status and whether that might complicate the offer and therefore debt situation and getting the deal over the line. Hopefully just fretting about nothing.

I didn’t get the sense that the offer was particularly dependent on which league, just the business plan that the EFL have to approve.

This makes sense as the costs of servicing the debt stay the same whatever, but the incoming revenue is drastically different so the business plan would have to show where the funding would come from. For example, some might come from CK’s personal wealth, but some might come from having a smaller transfer budget in League One than in the Championship. 

15 minutes ago, Alty_Ram said:

Yes he's clarified this, the "knowing now which division we are in" part relates to the business plan submission to the EFL. 2 different business  plans had been prepared based on the different income levels (and required wage budgets) for each division.

Edited by Carnero

3 hours ago, Woodley Ram said:

I hope they do, a club like Sunderland should not be in L1.  For us, I'm expecting a dog fight next year, every game will be someone's cup final. I think we have a fair chance of being promoted but it is by no means a certainty.

No chance currently - we have 3 players 

by the end of August we will have a bit of a better idea 

6 minutes ago, Ramarena said:

I wonder if any business plan the EFL agees to sign off will effectively be a continuation of the embargo.

Didn’t Bolton have to stay under a fairly strict embargo until all payments to creditors were finished?

Unlikely, everyone including the EFL knows we need to sign players or we won’t have a squad to put on the pitch. There may be restrictions but not a full embargo as has been the case for the last year or so

I wonder at what point the EFL will allow us to resign players that are already ours ? I am just desperate not to lose too many of our kids and to get Curtis on board, He may not manage another season as “ever present” but he is so important as glue and continuity for next season. Then I think about Byrne and Allsop  .. so dependable, can we persuade them to stay. 

45 minutes ago, IslandExile said:

Ashley's moving on apparently...

https://www.derbytelegraph.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/mike-ashley-derby-county-takeover-6975520

Either way, I hope Kirchner seals the deal for the Rams. Feel a lot better about CK than I would Ashley.

Never submitted an offer so he's not really moving on. His strategy seemed to be based on the belief that nobody would meet Quantuma's asking price so all he had to do was hang around feeding the press with 'I'm very, very interested' garbage so that he could watch the club go to hell in a handcart, then pick us up for pennies in the pound. Sheffield are welcome to the fat ****.

8 minutes ago, jono said:

I wonder at what point the EFL will allow us to resign players that are already ours ? I am just desperate not to lose too many of our kids and to get Curtis on board, He may not manage another season as “ever present” but he is so important as glue and continuity for next season. Then I think about Byrne and Allsop  .. so dependable, can we persuade them to stay. 

CK did say that from 7th May, he will be paying the bills. Hopefully that means the EFL will grant him the ability to re-sign current players. 

24 minutes ago, EnigmaRam said:

CK did say that from 7th May, he will be paying the bills. Hopefully that means the EFL will grant him the ability to re-sign current players. 

I hope you're right but that sounds more like a business plan type agreement to me. How will we know what we can pay them until we have EFL sign-off of the plan?

5 minutes ago, Wolfie said:

I hope you're right but that sounds more like a business plan type agreement to me. How will we know what we can pay them until we have EFL sign-off of the plan?

If we had no restriction it is 

These are the rules now?

The two leagues will revert to the previous Salary Cost Management Protocol (SCMP). In League Two, clubs can spend up to 50 per cent of turnover on player-related expenditure, which excludes players under the age of 21.

They receive sanctions for exceeding the SCMP requirement or late submission.

In League One, this rises to 60 per cent of turnover, or 75 per cent of turnover in the year following relegation from the Championship.

Equity can be used to support the turnover, but has to be injected up front

The average league one salary is 1,700 to 2, 500

9 hours ago, RIMBAUD said:

Be interesting to see how we price our tickets. Both season tickets and on the gate. 

make it so there is a a little excuse as possible for folks not to come. Free tickets for youngsters etc

Agree before covid kids upto 12 got a free season ticket if with an adult, then it changed to under 5. With the cost of everything going sky high fans wont be able to afford tickets for a family so they will stop coming but if bring in under 12 free again it will be a big help. I dont mind paying what i payed this season if it helps families to be able to come because children are the next generation of fans.

1 hour ago, Rambalin said:

If we had no restriction it is 

These are the rules now?

The two leagues will revert to the previous Salary Cost Management Protocol (SCMP). In League Two, clubs can spend up to 50 per cent of turnover on player-related expenditure, which excludes players under the age of 21.

They receive sanctions for exceeding the SCMP requirement or late submission.

In League One, this rises to 60 per cent of turnover, or 75 per cent of turnover in the year following relegation from the Championship.

Equity can be used to support the turnover, but has to be injected up front

The average league one salary is 1,700 to 2, 500

I guess one silver lining of our situation is we'll be in no danger of breaking this as we have basically no one contracted to next season, so we aren't stuck paying massive wages and trying to offload players.

1 hour ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

I'm pretty sure we aren't allowed to offer anyone a contract until out of administration.

Wigan signed 9 players on Free Transfers while they were in Admin, and a further 8 on loan. These appeared to be on similar restrictions as our summer 2021 embargo - no fees etc.