The Administration Thread

Boycie

10 hours ago, sage said:

So he flew back the morning after the game... 

The Peacock is the nearest pub to the cricket ground... 

It is if you go via Mansfield road and fancy a long walk, If you go via Nottingham Road and under the Railway bridge you'll find the Tavern is the nearest...formally the Station.

10 hours ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

Despite having Henri Lansbury, Chris Cohen, Ben Osborn and Britt Assombalonga still at the club, they decided the season was over and had 15.000 turning up when they sold Burke .  Tells me all I need to know about their fan base . Perhaps the embarrassment is why they are so obsessed with ours.

Try finding one to admit to that ,never had less than 25000 ever and they will look you in the eye and say it, deluded ain't the word for them its almost like a mental illness 'if I  say it isn't true it isn't true' as a mate of mine says 'there's football fans and the there's Forest fans!' I live on the border so its nowt in the air or the water and the County fans in the city have always seemed a decent bunch Got em popping up round me like fleas on a mangy dog(a red one) but soon as the results turn they'll be back in the shadows I always remember one of them  telling me he didn't go anymore because 'no one comes to see me when I'm bad' says it all really

24 minutes ago, JJs dms said:

Try finding one to admit to that ,never had less than 25000 ever and they will look you in the eye and say it, deluded ain't the word for them its almost like a mental illness 'if I  say it isn't true it isn't true' as a mate of mine says 'there's football fans and the there's Forest fans!' I live on the border so its nowt in the air or the water and the County fans in the city have always seemed a decent bunch Got em popping up round me like fleas on a mangy dog(a red one) but soon as the results turn they'll be back in the shadows I always remember one of them  telling me he didn't go anymore because 'no one comes to see me when I'm bad' says it all really

If they start, gently remind them that our average this season is over 22k.

The number of seasons their average attendance has fallen below 22k in the last 20 years = 7 (1 in every 3 seasons)

The number of seasons our average attendance has fallen below 22k in the last 20 years = 0

Then they say ‘are yeah, but no but yeah, we’ve got two clubs in are Citeh blah blah blah’, then blather on about ice hockey or some such nonsense.

1 hour ago, Mihangel said:

Before anytime panics, share capital (£1 in this instance) <> money in the back as amusingly claimed by the esteemed 'Football finance expert' about on one of the previous bidders.... 

His date of birth is wrong on the filings.... 1967! There's our hold up later on down the line ?

1 hour ago, JJs dms said:

SHOW EM THIS THEN

The second watershed was the sale of Oliver Burke earlier this year. The teenager had inspired three home wins in August alone and there was a small flicker of hope. The sale of Burke extinguished not only any hope for the season, but also all remaining support for the ownership. Without hope, the gates began to fall once again – down to 15,864 against Preston just recently – the worst attendance since the League One days.

Some clubs are bucking the trend. West Ham United are enjoying the third highest average attendance in the league, while Forest’s neighbours Derby (for whatever reason), enjoy much more healthy attendances. Perhaps these clubs have some hope which is presently absent at Forest. Perhaps one day that will also ebb away.

2 hours ago, curb said:

If they start, gently remind them that our average this season is over 22k.

The number of seasons their average attendance has fallen below 22k in the last 20 years = 7 (1 in every 3 seasons)

The number of seasons our average attendance has fallen below 22k in the last 20 years = 0

Then they say ‘are yeah, but no but yeah, we’ve got two clubs in are Citeh blah blah blah’, then blather on about ice hockey or some such nonsense.

I wonder what DCFC average is after the ticket office opened... I couldn’t get tickets like many others for some of the early matches- off sale a day before matches etc... that’s why we had very low attendances to start the season. 

18 minutes ago, B4ev6is said:

I think next season will be different I think still over 20k in season ticket holders and be over 25k for next season even if we go down to league one.

Sorry, I think there is zero chance we’ll sell more than 20k season tickets next season regardless of what league we’re in (isn’t the maximum just over 20,000 anyway?).

3 hours ago, Unlucky Alf said:

It is if you go via Mansfield road and fancy a long walk, If you go via Nottingham Road and under the Railway bridge you'll find the Tavern is the nearest...formally the Station.

They are about 50 yards apart. The Peacock is the nearest one i'd drink in.