The Administration Thread

Boycie

1 hour ago, Turk Thrust said:

Agree totally. And this why I don’t fully grasp why some posters say that CK’s wealth or lack of it doesn’t matter.

I personally don't think Chris Kirchner is that wealthy, there's got to be other backers behind him and unknown to us fans. I would'nt be surprised if Mel was involved or some other close associates of Mr K.

8 minutes ago, plymouthram said:

I personally don't think Chris Kirchner is that wealthy, there's got to be other backers behind him and unknown to us fans. I would'nt be surprised if Mel was involved or some other close associates of Mr K.

And Mel provides finance for golf tournaments and bought him a £20millon plane? Or are you saying he has made that up?

18 hours ago, CornwallRam said:

I can't quite grasp the 25%/35% thing - the numbers don't really seem to stack up.

Lay your hand flat against a table top, Put the % into the palm of your hand leaving the numbers on the table, Then moving your fingers in an upward motion including your thumb slowly bring them together with the %, The % should be firmly held now between your digits, Your hand should look like a fist now, You can now stand up and shake your hand in different directions, The % will not be able to fall out, The numbers will be able to be stacked up at the side of your palm, Please remember to have an adult along side of yourself in case of dizziness. 

57 minutes ago, The Key Club King said:

Derby will lose money even if we sell the remaining big earner (Bielik). Rooney himself is the main problem for wages as his alone (£60k rumoured) will be half the average wage bill of a League One team.

Relevance to the average League 1 club? The average L1 club has an attendance of 10k (7.8k if you exclude Sunderland, Sheff Weds and Ipswich). The average club revenue is something like £7m.

57 minutes ago, The Key Club King said:

Sunderland get 30k gates and their turnover is less than £20m now the parachute payments have dried up. 

As much as GSE are now commended for running us (almost) sustainably there were protests against them for "lack of investment".  

Sunderland have always done very poorly for revenue. In fact, without parachute payments in 19/20, their revenue would have been just £15.4m. Comparing like for like when in the Championship:

Gate receipts - £6.6m vs £9.1m
Tv - £7.2m vs £8.1m
Sponsorship - £1.9m vs £5m
Hospitality - £2.7m vs £4.1m
Other - £3.6m vs £3.3m
Total - £22m vs £29.6m

For the 19/20 season, they obviously had a drop in each sector: 14%, 76%, 16%, 22% and 31% respectively
Equivalent drop in revenue for us would result in £19.4m vs Sunderland's £15.4m.

3 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

Relevance to the average League 1 club? The average L1 club has an attendance of 10k (7.8k if you exclude Sunderland, Sheff Weds and Ipswich). The average club revenue is something like £7m.

Sunderland have always done very poorly for revenue. In fact, without parachute payments in 19/20, their revenue would have been just £15.4m. Comparing like for like when in the Championship:

Gate receipts - £6.6m vs £9.1m
Tv - £7.2m vs £8.1m
Sponsorship - £1.9m vs £5m
Hospitality - £2.7m vs £4.1m
Other - £3.6m vs £3.3m
Total - £22m vs £29.6m

For the 19/20 season, they obviously had a drop in each sector: 14%, 76%, 16%, 22% and 31% respectively
Equivalent drop in revenue for us would result in £19.4m vs Sunderland's £15.4m.

2019/20 would have been affected by COVID. As well as Sunderland having been  relegated. Whereas we should expect to see the first COVID unaffected year for 2 years, to offset the financial effects of relegation. . Hopefully.   

26 minutes ago, Chester40 said:

And Mel provides finance for golf tournaments and bought him a £20millon plane? Or are you saying he has made that up?

It just seems that his personal wealth is kept a secret and if he stated last year in an interview that he is not a multi-millionaire, where is the money coming from. It must be other backers to be splashing that type of cash for Derby if it's true about him being only worth £5m.

22 minutes ago, plymouthram said:

It just seems that his personal wealth is kept a secret and if he stated last year in an interview that he is not a multi-millionaire, where is the money coming from. It must be other backers to be splashing that type of cash for Derby if it's true about him being only worth £5m.

Not looking for an argument,  but you have neatly sidestepped my point.

Are you saying someone else is funding these tournaments and has bought him a £20m plane? Is he outright lying (worrying, ala Alonso mk2), is he being disingenuous and he is renting the plane, and is just a figurehead? Etc.  Genuinely interested how you explain it.

26 minutes ago, plymouthram said:

He didn't say he is not a multi-millionaire, he said he is not a billionaire. 

44 minutes ago, plymouthram said:

I dont think it's a big issue knowing someone's wealth. He might have investments in the background like the crypto shares and made money after it boomed. I've made a couple of quid (not millions) on online investments but I'm not going to declare it in front of the world. Mel Morris reportedly had hundreds of millions yet couldn't (wouldn't) pay the tax man, player wages and transfer fees. It's meaningless.

I've mentioned before, there's a number of football owners who dont have huge wealth in top two divisions yet run their clubs successfully e.g. Norwich. Garry Cook, a very well respected sports executive has agreed to come on board, that brings credibility. He has a good relationship with Rooney's agent. There's enough evidence to me which suggests giving CK a chance.

1 hour ago, 1977 Ram Raider said:

Might be a daft question but will we get a parachute payment by going down to league 1.

No there aren't parachute payments in EFL. It's just for teams dropping out of Premier League.

However clubs relegated from the EFL Championship receive 11.1% of the Basic Award payment to Championship clubs for one season. 

2 hours ago, Unlucky Alf said:

Lay your hand flat against a table top, Put the % into the palm of your hand leaving the numbers on the table, Then moving your fingers in an upward motion including your thumb slowly bring them together with the %, The % should be firmly held now between your digits, Your hand should look like a fist now, You can now stand up and shake your hand in different directions, The % will not be able to fall out, The numbers will be able to be stacked up at the side of your palm, Please remember to have an adult along side of yourself in case of dizziness. 

Nurse! He’s out of bed again!