The Administration Thread

Boycie

27 minutes ago, Jimbo Ram said:

So would you be against the idea?

Of course i would, what happened to MM's promise that he would sell the club for £1 to the right buyer, Seems to me nobody in MM's eyes is the right buyer. Why should the council buy it if the prospective owners want it included in the deal, doesn't matter by that anology who owns it. it doesn't change anything and the council could finish up with the proverbial white elephant.

26 minutes ago, atherstoneram said:

Why would they want to buy back later if they are not prepared to pay for it now,it is not down to the council to sort out MM's mess.

Any bidder will want to save any money they can. So it makes sense to buy back the stadium when we are in a much healthier position like in the premier league or a few years at the top end of the champ when we have made good money on a few youngsters. 

Just now, Ramos said:

Any bidder will want to save any money they can. So it makes sense to buy back the stadium when we are in a much healthier position like in the premier league or a few years at the top end of the champ when we have made good money on a few youngsters. 

So it's up to MM to take the hit not council tax payers bailing him out.

4 hours ago, atherstoneram said:

It may well be in terms of revenue but most of that revenue goes into the club not the city.

Not sure what your point is here? Thats the same for any business.

The club is a large employer with dozens of smaller businesses relying on it directly and even more relying on the fans it brings in to the area indirectly. They also pay business rates to the council. The club disappearing has a huge financial impact on both the council and the local economy.

44 minutes ago, atherstoneram said:

What's that got to do with it,i have family who are.

So, are you passing on their opinions, or telling us what you think CT payers in Derby will think of the idea? Because the former might be relevant but the latter isn't.

Lots of people pay for services they don't use BTW, me included. If I don't like what my local Council is spending my money on, I can vote against them next time out. But from a purely personal perspective, I'd be more amenable to them spending money on an asset that someone else will be required to maintain, and which I know will be bringing in a yield of between 5-7.5% p.a as rent, if it also helps to preserve an income generator for local businesses and protect hundreds of jobs in the process (let alone the other less tangible benefits for thousands of people's mental health and well-being).

8 minutes ago, atherstoneram said:

So it's up to MM to take the hit not council tax payers bailing him out.

Maybe but I was more addressing the point about why bidders might not want to stomp up the cash now. ??

1 minute ago, GenBr said:

Not sure what your point is here? Thats the same for any business.

The club is a large employer with dozens of smaller businesses relying on it directly and even more relying on the fans it brings in to the area indirectly. They also pay business rates to the council. The club disappearing has a huge financial impact on both the council and the local economy.

By smaller businesses does that mean pubs etc which benefit Once a fortnight,sometimes Twice if we are lucky. I wouldn't imagine many spending a couple of hours walking round the shops.Some on here moan about the price of parking when coming to a match so park where it's free,that's not bringing in revenue for the council. The way some people post is that they spend a significant amount on each visit and keep the city going.

3 minutes ago, Crewton said:

So, are you passing on their opinions, or telling us what you think CT payers in Derby will think of the idea? Because the former might be relevant but the latter isn't.

Lots of people pay for services they don't use BTW, me included. If I don't like what my local Council is spending my money on, I can vote against them next time out. But from a purely personal perspective, I'd be more amenable to them spending money on an asset that someone else will be required to maintain, and which I know will be bringing in a yield of between 5-7.5% p.a as rent, if it also helps to preserve an income generator for local businesses and protect hundreds of jobs in the process (let alone the other less tangible benefits for thousands of people's mental health and well-being).

Which hundreds of jobs are being protected,purely as a matter of interest.

2 minutes ago, atherstoneram said:

Which hundreds of jobs are being protected,purely as a matter of interest.

Those that are reliant on DCFC existing and having an active stadium, Academy and training ground : DCFC directly employed FT and PT staff, staff working for companies providing services to DCFC, staff that work for retail and hospitality venues around PP and the wider city. I'm surprised some of them aren't your relatives?

4 hours ago, nottingram said:

But in both cases the buyers will have paid £30m for the club with no stadium then have to pay annual leasing costs?

Always struck me was that the issue was essentially that if the buyer was paying £30m they would want the stadium included within that 

I still think that there's an added layer of complexity around the MSD charge, which is against both the club and the stadium. If Mel retains the stadium, I don't think he'd settle the loan, so there would still be a charge against the club.

If Mel 'stop paying when I get bored' Morris, doesn't pay the loan, MSD could theoretically reposses the club - which no bidder us going to risk. If the City Council buy it, the loan is cleared, and the charge removed.

I do think it's this charge which is the main issue - no buyer wants to pay £50m and equally, none want to pay £30m and leave the stadium in Mel's hands.

6 hours ago, Animal is a Ram said:

Yes, yes, I know who it is.  and then there's this line from him too:

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/football/18150128/derby-man-city-tottenham-thompson/

So Rush is still sniffing around, part of the Appleby group, if I'm not mistaken? Interestingly enough, they also have a former Ram on their about page - Matt Oakley. 

Really detesting football nowadays.  Every decent 15-17 getting nicked for bugger all.  This would make it 7-8 in 12 months. Future club or not, the academy will become a pointless exercise on income to expenditure.

49 minutes ago, atherstoneram said:

By smaller businesses does that mean pubs etc which benefit Once a fortnight,sometimes Twice if we are lucky. I wouldn't imagine many spending a couple of hours walking round the shops.Some on here moan about the price of parking when coming to a match so park where it's free,that's not bringing in revenue for the council. The way some people post is that they spend a significant amount on each visit and keep the city going.

We travel from Cambridge. Went to match yesterday. travelled up Friday afternoon - had pub meal in Derby Friday on arrival, bought present for family member in Derby shop and visited Friday paying for parking, stayed in hotel and paid for some electric vehicle charge/parking Friday night, bought breakfast in cafe Sat morning, to main shops and bought some stuff Saturday morning, coffee and cake before heading to match, parking fee to I assume a Derby person at match, Frankie & Bennys after match whilst waiting for traffic to clear so fed and ready for drive home missing traffic. Plus match tickets, drinks in ground and couple bits in megastore. Is that enough for you as a fan who lives away? 

6 minutes ago, CBRammette said:

We travel from Cambridge. Went to match yesterday. travelled up Friday afternoon - had pub meal in Derby Friday on arrival, bought present for family member in Derby shop and visited Friday paying for parking, stayed in hotel and paid for some electric vehicle charge/parking Friday night, bought breakfast in cafe Sat morning, to main shops and bought some stuff Saturday morning, coffee and cake before heading to match, parking fee to I assume a Derby person at match, Frankie & Bennys after match whilst waiting for traffic to clear so fed and ready for drive home missing traffic. Plus match tickets, drinks in ground and couple bits in megastore. Is that enough for you as a fan who lives away? 

And looking at those in hotel most wearing derby or preston shirts yesterday morning

1 hour ago, curb said:

Why would anyone buy us with all that debt and no league membership when they could pick up the pieces without paying the football debts or HMRC?

In that circumstance we would be purchased for around £3 to £5 million obviously