The Administration Thread

Boycie

9 minutes ago, i-Ram said:

With respect, @Big Travhas never given me the impression he knows the difference between his socks and his underpants. I would relax if I were you.

Indeed everyone, FFS, chill out. So much mis-information on this thread in the last few days. Just wait for Q to make their next report. There isnt anything you can do, and no amount of posting misinformation and supposition is going to help (particular those who seem on the edge regarding the current situation).

“The only comfort within chaos is admitting you have no control ???

6 minutes ago, i-Ram said:

With respect, @Big Travhas never given me the impression he knows the difference between his socks and his underpants. I would relax if I were you.

Indeed everyone, FFS, chill out. So much mis-information on this thread in the last few days. Just wait for Q to make their next report. There isnt anything you can do, and no amount of posting misinformation and supposition is going to help (particular those who seem on the edge regarding the current situation).

Fair enough.  But I do think it's worth calling out posts like that, because if they're just left unanswered, then sooner or later someone else is repeating it. And then it becomes accepted as fact because so many people are saying it.  At least if there's a post a short while later just saying "citation required" it might make a few people think before repeating it.

The DET/Derbyshire Live now following Percy in a more direct approach calling all parties to find a solution. Again I’m aware it doesn’t tell us anything new but at least the media are started to call it out from a similar perspective to a lot of the fan base, which is; for now forget blaming each other/posturing and just get a solution for the club’s future sorted ? 

8 minutes ago, duncanjwitham said:

Fair enough.  But I do think it's worth calling out posts like that, because if they're just left unanswered, then sooner or later someone else is repeating it. And then it becomes accepted as fact because so many people are saying it.  At least if there's a post a short while later just saying "citation required" it might make a few people think before repeating it.

Not having a go at you obviously; I know what you were trying to achieve. Just so much made-up tosh or nonsense being posted on here at the mo. Glad I only look in here a couple of times a day currently. My swede would explode otherwise.

1 hour ago, JoetheRam said:

We ain't gonna be liquidated.

Contrary to popular belief, the term too big to fail was actually first made in reference to mid-size second tier football clubs rather than JP Morgan Chase and Goldman Sachs in 2008.

Too right. Looks like our case and club's management is closer to case Enron.

Btw, I did an essay of Enron's leadership biases, I should've stayed in uni for a few more years and I could've used Derby instead. ?‍♂️ 

18 minutes ago, Ilkestonian said:

I wonder if any of us will believe it if the preferred bidder is announced tomorrow morning on April Fools Day ?

Particularly if Mel Morris is announced as PB, that IMHO would be the ultimate in April fools.

Administration, 12 point deduction, months of heartache and sleepless nights all for what??

46 minutes ago, i-Ram said:

Genuine question: at what point is it justified to start getting antsy? 

1 minute ago, Coconut's Beard said:

edit

<probably not worth the hassle>

My friend's 14 year old son was threatened on the park by some scrote. He kinda stood up for himself but sensibly went straight home. Shortly after, this individual and 6 or 7 hangers-on, turned up at the house threatening him and demanding he come out or they would put the windows in/scratch the cars etc.

Police were called  .....and arrived two weeks later to take a statement. 

If the police are seriously wasting their time following up rubbish like that sounds instead, then something is wrong.

36 minutes ago, Caerphilly Ram said:

The DET/Derbyshire Live now following Percy in a more direct approach calling all parties to find a solution. Again I’m aware it doesn’t tell us anything new but at least the media are started to call it out from a similar perspective to a lot of the fan base, which is; for now forget blaming each other/posturing and just get a solution for the club’s future sorted ? 

I appreciate that it may make no difference but this is more like what I want to see from Steve Nicholson and the DET. Less "Blah breaks their silence..." followed by a re-trodden bit of speculation from social media and more asking direct questions to those who can actually influence things, or just following the club party line. Old school journalism if you like.

2 minutes ago, Chester40 said:

My friend's 14 year old son was threatened on the park by some scrote. He kinda stood up for himself but sensibly went straight home. Shortly after, this individual and 6 or 7 hangers-on, turned up at the house threatening him and demanding he come out or they would put the windows in/scratch the cars etc.

Police were called  .....and arrived two weeks later to take a statement. 

If the police are seriously wasting their time following up rubbish like that sounds instead, then something is wrong.

Police are pretty useless, aye and there are scrotes everywhere. The written word is easier to prove / record I guess, no witness statements or anything else. Easy option, lazy option. (funding/staffing/more complex problems notwithstanding)

Edited by Coconut's Beard

1 hour ago, duncanjwitham said:

Has that been reported anywhere credible?  I've not seen any reputable media sources saying anything other than that he's made "personal guarantees", including the stadium, and possibly other property.

The Couhig letter had some detail about the PGs. Couhig clearly had some quite specific information about the MSD arrangements. Sort of suggested MM had purchased the 202 note from Gabay and had then deposited that with MSD by way of security for their loan but tbh I didn’t really understand what he was saying 

the details about the £20m offshore deposit came from inside the club via someone on here. The point being made by the club employee was that MSD had agreed they would not call on the PG.  I suspect they meant that MSD had agreed that they only have recourse to the deposit and not to MM himself (which sounded very plausible )

Q were pretty comfortable early on that they would sell the club for enough to avoid a points deduction. So perhaps their original deal with MM was that he would indeed get his £20m back provided he co-operated in a sale. Hopefully MM has now realised he has to chuck another 10 or so into the pot and the terms on which he does that are now being hammered out 

1 hour ago, glyn1957 said:

I went to the game at the Ricoh  and took my two grandsons along with  me ,it was the match where all the trouble was with fans wearing t shirts spelling Sisu out on them and watching the stewards running up and down the stairs trying to  pull them off the fans but the fans just threw them up or down for others to put on .

Now the reason i recall this match was when you said we as DCFC fans are meandering along and i agree with you ,as a fan base we have never really been disruptive  and i think the EFL are happy about that but the games are passing us by if we want / need to demonstrate our anger, lets go out with a bang and not a bl@@dy whimper like RAMS not bl@@dy sheep .

Issue is who do we protest about? Morris? Maybe, he’s been trying to sell the club and we don’t know if his demands now are holding it all up - probably is but not certain (perhaps he is in financial crisis himself) ... are Quantuma doing a good job? Failed deadlines but they can’t make bidders pay enough. We don’t know what HMRC want or even the details of the bids. Coventry had a clear SISU out message but what do we protest? I guess Mel to gift the stadium or sell it for less. 

1 hour ago, Stive Pesley said:

I may have missed this, but do we actually understand the reasons as to why MM took out such big loans from MSD?

I think he was struggling 3 years ago and wanted out. There weren’t any reasonable takers for a loss making institution at the time. Then Covid came alone and reduced revenue even further. Probably doubling existing losses instantly. If we were losing 10 million per season pre Covid we were losing 20 million during Covid. Any club or business would have gone into admin at some point in those circumstances; especially when it’s owner/backer didn’t have more capital to inject. so Mel borrowed big money from MSD. As a loss making business that is very difficult .. and virtually impossible without giving huge security on the loans .. that security was PPS. Mels own wealth will have declined outside DCFC .. remember the investment market was 30% down mid Covid and prior to vaccines. 

With hindsight it’s pretty simple. The one that shocks me is how the HMRC debt got so big but again I think Govt depts were forced to be lenient during the pandemic. 

1 hour ago, glyn1957 said:

I went to the game at the Ricoh  and took my two grandsons along with  me ,it was the match where all the trouble was with fans wearing t shirts spelling Sisu out on them and watching the stewards running up and down the stairs trying to  pull them off the fans but the fans just threw them up or down for others to put on .

Now the reason i recall this match was when you said we as DCFC fans are meandering along and i agree with you ,as a fan base we have never really been disruptive  and i think the EFL are happy about that but the games are passing us by if we want / need to demonstrate our anger, lets go out with a bang and not a bl@@dy whimper like RAMS not bl@@dy sheep .

I remember that game.  A policeman assaulted a fan in block 18.  Blatant thuggery by the law.  We had marches through the city. Protests and disdain and division amongst the fans once the team was taken out of the city.  Somehow the fans that stayed away were not as real as the ones that went to their exiled home games.   I did not travel to Northampton or Birmingham on principle. To me, the owners were charlatans and i've seen quotes from other clubs fans about how CCFC cheated etc.  The truth is, fans are the victims, albeit we contribute to the pressure on owners to produce a club that challenges.  The years pass by and the time in lower tiers mount up.   I just hope that the new owners find a way of playing in Derby, in front of 30k fans.  

I was born Derby.  But moved to Coventry as a 2 year old.  My first game was Cov vs Derby.  My first away game was at the Baseball Ground.  Always followed the scores and never quite understood why Derby were 'nearly' there in the Prem.  No offence meant because Derby is a big club and the crowds prove it.  Just some inept ownership over the years (Both Rams and Cov).