The Administration Thread

Boycie

5 minutes ago, eccles the ram said:

Friday 1st April is pivotal in the history of DCFC from what has been written by Percy et al. If it transpires we don't have a PB that comes up to the valuation (and it seems that may be the case)and Q have gone to the nth degree, then MM and Pearce will be the most despised people not only in Derby and Derbyshire but in homes all across the country, and around the world. Chelsea takeover will be put in the background whilst our demise will be all over Sky. Money, as so many have said in the past, has ruined this beautiful game. Greedy agents and some greedy players have taken our money and run. Very very sad tonight for everyone affected, including my son and myself. It's like sitting at the side of a bed where you are watching someone so precious to you ebbing away in front of eyes and you can't do anything about it. Please Mel DON'T LET THIS MAGNIFICENT CLUB DIE - I BEG YOU!!!

The Clubs have paid the players wages.  The Prem parachute payments have always been a problem regarding the chance to go up.  The owners are all as mad as each other.  My club, Coventry City had years of overspend even in the Premiership.  The fans are the victims.  I'm not convinced this Premier League is worth the risk for those who want to get there anyway.  The Rams, Coventry City- down to League 2 , Bolton, Wigan, Sheffield, Bristol City, Middlesborough, Portsmouth, Cardiff, Swansea, Charlton,  Sunderland, Ipswich.  Jeez, i never realised just how precarious the league structure is.  

The EFL has a lot to answer for.

Over these last few months, I've invested so much emotional capital in following this never-ending saga and trying to understand the mess my beloved club is in.

This takeover is very complex. But equally, on the other  hand, it is very simple. The figures don't stack up. It's a combination of factors: poor governance, poor management, bad luck and COViD.

Now we're at the juncture where someone has got to take a hit.

If we get liquidated, it's the employees, players and fans who take the hit. Through no fault of their own. Hardly fair, right?

Will the EFL take a hit? Unlikely. They are  useless. Utterly useless.

Will the HMRC take a hit? Nope. Very unlikely.

Will Mell take a hit? He bloody-well should do, as this mess was all set in motion by him. The reality is if we get liquidated, he won't be able to step foot in the City of Derby ever again. Does anyone want that on their CV? The person who killed off a founder member of the football league? I'd hope not.

Or will the buyers take a hit, by paying more for the club than it's actually worth?

It's a hard one to call.

Hopefully MM and the (eventual) buyer will meet half way and share the hit.

Otherwise it's us, guys.

If we do go under, the EFL, MM and the EFL should ALL hang their heads in shame.

The only people to come out of this with any credit, so far, are the ones in line to take the hit.

Edited by angieram
Remove swearing

Everyone saying we’re ducked and liquidation is 95%+ certain, you’re talking poo.

Anyone saying we will definitely survive, probably shouldn’t be that confident.

Because no one has paid the asking price and/or the EFL/Boro shenanigans scuppered earlier bids we’re now in the ultimate game of brinkmanship with the remaining parties (if you believe Percy) lowballing to get Mel to blink and get a good deal for the club. I think Percy’s article is written as a football fan and it’s genuine (a viable tactic to get clicks), it’s calling out the situation for what it is. 

This is going to go to the wire, we may even still not know by the end of the season 1 week before money runs out. Hopefully someone will blink and the club will be saved. If I was Q (and hopefully they’re already doing this) I’d have told Mel you need to move on the stadium as we don’t have a club based on the current bids, I’d be going to the EFL saying this is the situation, is there anything you can do within your insolvency regulations to help the situation, assuming the answer is no then it’s back to the bidders and Mel, right it’s either this or liquidation what are you going to do? We might already be there.

My personal view, we will be saved at the 11th hour. I think the remaining bidders really want the club otherwise they wouldn’t still be at the table, and Mel (It’s so hard to trust him) but I really don’t think he wants Derby to die and I think he has the financial wherewithal to compromise as do the bidders.

7 minutes ago, BuckoBeast said:

What are his reasons I wonder 

Alan Nixon

@reluctantnicko

·

1h

There will be … might be badly damaged … but it’s too big to lose.

Quote Tweet

Chris

@clews123

· 1h

Replying to @reluctantnicko

nice to hear al, can I ask why u think that mate?

15 minutes ago, BramcoteRam84 said:

Everyone saying we’re ducked and liquidation is 95%+ certain, you’re talking poo.

Anyone saying we will definitely survive, probably shouldn’t be that confident.

Because no one has paid the asking price and/or the EFL/Boro shenanigans scuppered earlier bids we’re now in the ultimate game of brinkmanship with the remaining parties (if you believe Percy) lowballing to get Mel to blink and get a good deal for the club. I think Percy’s article is written as a football fan and it’s genuine (a viable tactic to get clicks), it’s calling out the situation for what it is. 

This is going to go to the wire, we may even still not know by the end of the season 1 week before money runs out. Hopefully someone will blink and the club will be saved. If I was Q (and hopefully they’re already doing this) I’d have told Mel you need to move on the stadium as we don’t have a club based on the current bids, I’d be going to the EFL saying this is the situation, is there anything you can do within your insolvency regulations to help the situation, assuming the answer is no then it’s back to the bidders and Mel, right it’s either this or liquidation what are you going to do? We might already be there.

My personal view, we will be saved at the 11th hour. I think the remaining bidders really want the club otherwise they wouldn’t still be at the table, and Mel (It’s so hard to trust him) but I really don’t think he wants Derby to die and I think he has the financial wherewithal to compromise as do the bidders.

Mine to

Thing is we keep talking about bids and how much or what we are worth or what the stadium is worth, or the price is too high .or HMRC need paying or MSD have a debenture .. it really really doesn’t matter in finance terms. The only thing a bid needs to be is something that offers the creditors more than liquidation. .. yes we will get -15 and all the heartbreak that entails but realistically you could buy Derby tomorrow as long as what you pay is more than anyone else and more than what the house clearance people will offer. 

1 hour ago, PistoldPete said:

You think the 15 point deduction is automatic? And transparent? Well I cannot see that in the rules. Where does it say that?   Or that the creditors would be happy about a 15 point deduction if it wrecks our financial plans? Take away the threat of a 15 point deduction (or worse) and you take away an existential threat. It is perfectly within the power of the EFL to do that.    

Haven’t 72 clubs signed off on an insolvency policy (that none of us have seen) that forms the basis for these decisions? If we knew what it said we’d know what is and is not in the gift of the EFL

59 minutes ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

So, I'm thinking Mike Ashley might just start to get a tingle that we're distressed enough.

I'm resigned to the -15 and relegation. I'm not going to feel good about any upcoming deal, just relief it's over.

I work at the moment for a big pension scheme. 

One of the trustees was also a trustee of the House of fraser scheme which was in deficit when "big Mike" saved the day. 

Mike and team gave written undertakings that one of his group companies would stand behind the scheme as surety. 

Within a fortnight he had restructured, liquidated the company and left the scheme and its members high and dry. 

There is no compassion in Mike Ashley. He is pure business and will be looking for everybody other than Mike Ashley to take the financial hits. 

1 hour ago, PistoldPete said:

You think the 15 point deduction is automatic? And transparent? Well I cannot see that in the rules. Where does it say that?   Or that the creditors would be happy about a 15 point deduction if it wrecks our financial plans? Take away the threat of a 15 point deduction (or worse) and you take away an existential threat. It is perfectly within the power of the EFL to do that.    

You keep insisting on roping the EFL or Covid or yada yada into the mess which Morris has orchestrated. 

8 minutes ago, Van der MoodHoover said:

I work at the moment for a big pension scheme. 

One of the trustees was also a trustee of the House of fraser scheme which was in deficit when "big Mike" saved the day. 

Mike and team gave written undertakings that one of his group companies would stand behind the scheme as surety. 

Within a fortnight he had restructured, liquidated the company and left the scheme and its members high and dry. 

There is no compassion in Mike Ashley. He is pure business and will be looking for everybody other than Mike Ashley to take the financial hits. 

I think most of us understand how capitalism works. Ashley is no better or worse than any other corporate entity in that he wants to make a profit at the expense of those further down the food chain.

If Ashley does end up as our owner, (I'm not convinced he will be btw), his only chance of making a profit will be to get us into the Premier League so it will be a different dynamic running a football club than his normal businesses.

Most business people like Ashley make money, short term at least, by cutting costs like pension liabilities, wages, working conditions etc but in the case of football he would have to invest in the short term to have any chance of recouping his investment.

4 hours ago, duncanjwitham said:

So why did the administrators statement of affairs from mid November still show the club owing £20m to MSD, with a fixed charge?

That’s for the ‘state of the art’ training facilities. Mel owns the stadium