The Administration Thread

Boycie

We were down to attendances of around 17,000 - 18,000 (without falsely inflating the figures to include non-attending ST holders) in 2012/13 under Nigel Clough, in the Championship.

Unless we start next season on fire I should imagine a few months in we'll be down to that sort of figure or lower.

The price of season tickets isn't suddenly going to drop by £100 as the prices for similarly statured clubs listed earlier showed.

Edited by Coconut's Beard

3 minutes ago, Coconut's Beard said:

We were down to attendances of around 17,000 - 18,000 (without falsely inflating the figures to include non-attending ST holders) in 2012/13 under Nigel Clough, in the Championship.

Unless we start next season on fire I should imagine a few months in we'll be down to that sort of figure or lower.

The price of season tickets isn't suddenly going to drop by £100 as the prices for similarly statured clubs listed earlier showed.

Those were the boring years. Mid table every year and boring football.

14 minutes ago, TheresOnlyWanChope said:

Surely he’s not involved. Why would he want to run the club again he had been trying to sell it for years. 

I honest to God cannot fathom what he is up to.

Best I can imagine is, if he sells the stadium for what is being offered, he loses money.

So, if he has teamed up with someone or some people and said, you buy the club for 10p in the pound, or whatever it would be and he provides the stadium for a fair rental, he can service any MSD debt and still sit on a stadium worth 80 million.

As much as I cannot stand the man and for everything he has done, 1% of me thinks he might actually be trying to do something that helps the club.

6 minutes ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

I honest to God cannot fathom what he is up to.

Best I can imagine is, if he sells the stadium for what is being offered, he loses money.

So, if he has teamed up with someone or some people and said, you buy the club for 10p in the pound, or whatever it would be and he provides the stadium for a fair rental, he can service any MSD debt and still sit on a stadium worth 80 million.

As much as I cannot stand the man and for everything he has done, 1% of me thinks he might actually be trying to do something that helps the club.

What I don’t understand is - his party line for the last two years of owning us was he can’t afford to fund the gap anymore and wants out. So desperately he was basically offering the club to anyone who knocked on his door. What’s changed? Why does is suddenly want back in? He no longer wanted a championship club but now he wants a league one club?  (Rhetorical qs ofc) 

Edited by Ramos

I think people underestimate just how many fans we would lose getting relegated and starting on minus points, especially as we don't know what we can anticipate to do in the transfer market. I'd imagine that starting on minus points and further restrictions, particularly financial, is going to result in further transfer embargos and restrictions. 

The four players contracted for next season: Sibley, Bielik, Knight and Bird won't want to be pissing around wasting some of their most important career years in League One when all are well above and beyond that level. I also doubt Rooney and co will be here next season too. 

A new owner unwilling (maybe even unable) to pay unsecured creditors 25p in the £1 to avoid further sanctions also worries me. I'm concerned, should that happen, that we have plenty more years of austerity ahead of us which ultimately starves fanbases into apathy.

1 hour ago, Jimbo Ram said:

Are people really thinking MM is involved...have I missed something????

Correct me if I am wrong but that undercover documentary on El Jeezera a few months ago about a takeover showed MM wanting still to be involved but be in the background! Still might happen but what do I know, or indeed the majority on here knows. It will come out eventually and i am not holding my breath that it's going to be clarified today! UTR

9 minutes ago, eccles the ram said:

Correct me if I am wrong but that undercover documentary on El Jeezera a few months ago about a takeover showed MM wanting still to be involved but be in the background! Still might happen but what do I know, or indeed the majority on here knows. It will come out eventually and i am not holding my breath that it's going to be clarified today! UTR

If I remember it correctly, and understood it, he was saying that it was an option to stay on board in a minor ownership capacity (less than 10%) as that would allow him to write off soft loans over a longer period (whilst he was an owner). So rather than have a one-off benefit to the balance sheet, It could be done over multiple years to give ongoing flexibility to stay under FFP limits.

No different to Stoke’s owners writing off a load this season, and doing the same thing in the future if they chose to. 

44 minutes ago, Ramos said:

What I don’t understand is - his party line for the last two years of owning us was he can’t afford to fund the gap anymore and wants out. So desperately he was basically offering the club to anyone who knocked on his door. What’s changed? Why does is suddenly want back in? He no longer wanted a championship club but now he wants a league one club?  (Rhetorical qs ofc) 

It is all about him cutting his  losses

6 minutes ago, jimtastic56 said:

I didn’t think it was boring when we beat Forest with 10 men, mostly kids.How many years now since we beat them?

4.5 years since our last win (10 games)

Derby's longest unbeaten runs:
9 games, 1904-1914
8 games, 2003-2009
6 games, 1895-1898
6 games, 2016-2018
5 games, 1996-2002

Forest's longest unbeaten runs:
10 games, 2018-present
7 games, 1985-1990
6 games, 1899-1902
5 games, 1953-1969

52 minutes ago, NottmRAM said:

Those were the boring years. Mid table every year and boring football.

57 minutes ago, Coconut's Beard said:

We had over 23,000 average that season. If you’re talking about the home crowd I doubt very much the stats would have been that different. Majority of season ticket holders would attend. 

48 minutes ago, Ambitious said:

I think people underestimate just how many fans we would lose getting relegated and starting on minus points, especially as we don't know what we can anticipate to do in the transfer market. I'd imagine that starting on minus points and further restrictions, particularly financial, is going to result in further transfer embargos and restrictions. 

The four players contracted for next season: Sibley, Bielik, Knight and Bird won't want to be pissing around wasting some of their most important career years in League One when all are well above and beyond that level. I also doubt Rooney and co will be here next season too. 

A new owner unwilling (maybe even unable) to pay unsecured creditors 25p in the £1 to avoid further sanctions also worries me. I'm concerned, should that happen, that we have plenty more years of austerity ahead of us which ultimately starves fanbases into apathy.

The other option is a half hearted attempt to compete with parachute payments clubs and gradually ending up in debt to an owner for upwards of £100m. Think of all the clubs treading water in the Championship with massive debts to their owners.

On Mel Morris if he comes back in any way shape or form I'll no longer be going and I imagine the same would be true for many fans. That's precisely why I don't think it could ever happen, simply due to the levels of anger towards the former owner. I think if we start on -15 in league 1 attendances will drop to 18-20,000 unless ticket prices are reduced quite a lot. The economic bite is going to make it harder to attend for many anyway, if season tickets were offered at £100 for kids and £150 for adults as a starting price point that'd help get bums on seats. 

18 minutes ago, TheresOnlyWanChope said:

We had over 23,000 average that season. If you’re talking about the home crowd I doubt very much the stats would have been that different. Majority of season ticket holders would attend. 

It was mentioned in the Pride book, I've been told. Home attendances just over 17,000 for some matches. The 23,000 is far from accurate. (We also played all of Forest, Leicester & Leeds that season which would presumably have boosted things somewhat?)

Edited by Coconut's Beard

13 minutes ago, Leeds Ram said:

On Mel Morris if he comes back in any way shape or form I'll no longer be going and I imagine the same would be true for many fans. That's precisely why I don't think it could ever happen, simply due to the levels of anger towards the former owner. I think if we start on -15 in league 1 attendances will drop to 18-20,000 unless ticket prices are reduced quite a lot. The economic bite is going to make it harder to attend for many anyway, if season tickets were offered at £100 for kids and £150 for adults as a starting price point that'd help get bums on seats. 

I think the attendance figures people are speculating on are very optimistic unless we start ok and are around the play offs in Lg1. 

I was around back in the old division 3 days and unless we are competitive can see attendances around 12 to 14k and on a wet, cold Tuesday night down around 10k.

4 hours ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

I honestly hope if he does come back in the fans make their feelings known at every single home game, just for a couple of minutes before supporting the team.

He cannot get away with how he has treated the club, it's staff and the people of this city. He has treated the lot with absolute contempt.

If he's involved Derby will become the most reviled Club in England.

It would be cheating the system to the highest degree and I'm sure that HMRC will be bombarded with complaints from the public.

If its actually legal to do it, it ducked well didn't ought to be.

He shouldn't be allowed back near football full stop!