The Administration Thread

Boycie

1 minute ago, Curtains said:

If that was the case the Binnies would have been accepted. Surely you can reason that. 
Liquidation would be far worse . 

The Binnies pulled out, the Administrators did not reject them; they asked them to increase their bid which they refused to do and pulled out.

Yes, of course, we want to avoid liquidation. I just hope we have that choice.

Rooney's press conference answers did not fill me with the same level of confidence that you appear to have.

10 minutes ago, Curtains said:

30 Million would mean 15 point penalty so not enough.  

That’s why Administrators want 50 Million 

I think the Stadium will be leased from Mel who will pay MSD 

PS That’s my theory 

If the best offer wasn't enough to avoid a 15 point penalty but got a buyer in, tied up their fee and allowed the club to continue, they'd not only bite their hand off , they'd bite the other one off to save in case it fell through.  There job isn't to give a poo about a minus -15 I'm afraid if it allows a sale and payment schedules to be negotiated.

Just read the Rooney Q&A with Steve Nicholson on the DET website and it does look increasingly like that a compromised exit from Administration is on the cards, and by that I mean one that lands us with a second points deduction. From what Rooney has said, it appears the debts to bid valuation ratio is too great to meet the minimum 25% payment threshold.

It makes you wonder then just what the Administrators are holding out for?

1 minute ago, IslandExile said:

The Binnies pulled out, the Administrators did not reject them; they asked them to increase their bid which they refused to do and pulled out.

Rooney's press conference answers did not fill me with the same level of confidence that you appear to have.

I don’t think we can be overconfident I agree.  
You may be proved to be right to be not convinced and ultimately we get liquidated.  
That’s in no one’s interest but I still think there is another offer on the table.  
The administrators will be assessed on what they achieve but to be honest I still wouldn’t blame them fo holding out for more .

I think there is a certain amounts of brinksmanship going on. 

6 minutes ago, IslandExile said:

The report says it was the administrators who ended the discussions not the Binnie's.

4 minutes ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

If the best offer wasn't enough to avoid a 15 point penalty but got a buyer in, tied up their fee and allowed the club to continue, they'd not only bite their hand off , they'd bite the other one off to save in case it fell through.  There job isn't to give a poo about a minus -15 I'm afraid if it allows a sale and payment schedules to be negotiated.

Still might happen with PB announced soon .

If we are liquidated it’s in no one’s interest so it won’t happen 

4 minutes ago, StarterForTen said:

Just read the Rooney Q&A with Steve Nicholson on the DET website and it does look increasingly like that a compromised exit from Administration is on the cards, and by that I mean one that lands us with a second points deduction. From what Rooney has said, it appears the debts to bid valuation ratio is too great to meet the minimum 25% payment threshold.

It makes you wonder then just what the Administrators are holding out for?

He doesn't seem to know what's actually happening and neither do we. You can look at it two ways. Either no bidder is willing to pay enough or the administators have rejected the Binnie offer as there is a much better one on the table which works for all creditors. 

Just now, Curtains said:

Still might happen with PB announced soon .

If we are liquidated it’s in no one’s interest so it won’t happen 

It's in no-one's interest but it might not be within anyone's control.

I hope to god it doesn't happen. I would happily take a 15 point penalty or start in League 2 so long as we have a club.

Anyhow, @Curtains, I suggest you read this:

https://www.derbytelegraph.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/derby-county-takeover-rooney-rams-6783557

9 minutes ago, IslandExile said:

Surely the Binnies made an offer, administrators rejected it and (possibly) asked them to increase it. If that’s the case, it sounds pretty much like the administrators rejected their offer to me.

5 minutes ago, Rammy03 said:

He doesn't seem to know what's actually happening and neither do we. You can look at it two ways. Either no bidder is willing to pay enough or the administators have rejected the Binnie offer as there is a much better one on the table which works for all creditors. 

I’ll take the latter option please

1 hour ago, hintonsboots said:

“It was felt the sum accurately reflected the reduced status of Derby following the sale of players during the January transfer window”.

Even though some players left during the window, KB is back and has just been recalled to the Poland team. If he stays fit and keeps building towards his previous form, he will be a large asset and more than offset the value of players leaving. After all he could have ended up in the George Thorne bracket and be worth 3/6 d .

Exactly. Their statement is nonsense and displays a lack of knowledge of the club. If anything, since the end of transfer activity, the squad value has been increased because, as you say, KB is getting back to full fitness and value and,if they'd have got their fingers out, they could have secured players like Ebosele, Cashin, Ebiowei and Lawrence on extended contracts. Taking on board a further 15 point penalty rather than stumping up another, say, £5M, does not make economic sense either.

Fact is, they just didn't want to pay the minimum price that was needed. They wanted a community asset on the cheap so that they could make a fast buck, like all Americans I've ever dealt with.

3 minutes ago, IslandExile said:

It's in no-one's interest but it might not be within anyone's control.

I hope to god it doesn't happen. I would happily take a 15 point penalty or start in League 2 so long as we have a club.

Anyhow, @Curtains, I suggest you read this:

https://www.derbytelegraph.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/derby-county-takeover-rooney-rams-6783557

Next 4-5 days crucial.  Like I say brinksmanship going on .

We will see but it’s always been perilous because of Boro and Wycombe and EFL. 
Mel won’t let the cub die I’m sure of that. 

35 minutes ago, IslandExile said:

The Binnies also said they made ‘many attempts’ to buy the club