The Administration Thread

Boycie

3 minutes ago, Unlucky Alf said:

Wow this is crazy, I went to an 80th birthday in Blansko on one of my visits some 20/25 years ago, It was my Sister who is Austrian Boyfriends Grandmas Birthday It was as hot as hell, Then went to the Ladys house in the village and down to their cellar to fetch some wine, It was damn cold how mad is that, Yes just over the border, The Czech border guards kept us at the border for over 30minutes looking for contraban(tobacco)

Daddy! 

Joke!  Petra’s father is an estate agent opposite the local hospital in Blansko, her mother is the town’s registrar. It’s a town in the midst of a huge area of woods, our son takes his mountain bike across, and regularly gets lost in the woods, no horizon.

Yes a nice place filled with very friendly people, but sooo tall, Petra is 6’ so are her sisters, her dad is 6’ 8”, our son is 6’ 3” we are both 5’ 8”. Gulliver in reverse.

Here's how things stand at the moment...

Government challenged
On the day of the deadline for Derby County to report to the EFL, Labour has today written to government minister Nadine Dorries calling on her to act now to prevent more clubs from suffering the same fate.
Derby could be liquidated and thrown out of the EFL if they cannot find a buyer by the end of February.
Labour’s shadow culture secretary, Lucy Powell, has written to the culture secretary saying: “Football clubs are more than businesses.
“They’re great sources of pride in our towns and communities” but Derby is “just the most recent example of an historic club facing disaster”.

https://www.derbytelegraph.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/derby-county-takeover-mike-ashley-6647343

I'm losing my mind, let alone losing track of all of this.

Is the end of Feb a real deadline, set by the EFL, for us to prove that we have funding for the remainder of the season?

OR is it just a supposition based on the Administrators declaring a PB will be announced within 10 working days of the Morris-Gibson accord (which I make would have been last Friday)?

If the latter, I think we all now take the Administrators' deadlines with a mountain of salt.

But if it's the former - i.e. from the EFL - then that could be serious, though I have no doubt it will be extended.

In any case, the club and/or the Administrators should be providing an update.

Are there any meetings planned for this week - that we know about - between fans groups, the EFL and the Administrators? If so, perhaps that's when we will hear something.

Perhaps....

15 hours ago, Carl Sagan said:

Not even an update in the Daily Updates thread for 4 days. And consecutive defeats. And war in Europe with nukes being talked about. I have to say things aren't looking their best... 

Yeah but...

34 minutes ago, Mucker1884 said:

Labour has today written to government minister Nadine Dorries calling on her to act now

d1884d10-4480-4c23-a607-1d0c0ee7a328_text.gif.356f02104e6aac1edf1e4f64c4e81982.gif

22 minutes ago, IslandExile said:

I'm losing my mind, let alone losing track of all of this.

Is the end of Feb a real deadline, set by the EFL, for us to prove that we have funding for the remainder of the season?

OR is it just a supposition based on the Administrators declaring a PB will be announced within 10 working days of the Morris-Gibson accord (which I make would have been last Friday)?

If the latter, I think we all now take the Administrators' deadlines with a mountain of salt.

But if it's the former - i.e. from the EFL - then that could be serious, though I have no doubt it will be extended.

In any case, the club and/or the Administrators should be providing an update.

Are there any meetings planned for this week - that we know about - between fans groups, the EFL and the Administrators? If so, perhaps that's when we will hear something.

Perhaps....

This is the EFL and Quantuma joint statement from end of Jan confirming an extended deadline originally set as the 1st of Feb with a further 4 weeks https://www.efl.com/news/2022/january/derby-county-update-joint-statement-from-efl-and-quantuma/

Edited by Caerphilly Ram
Clearing up not a new statement

1 minute ago, Caerphilly Ram said:

EFL and Quantuma joint statement confirming extended deadline https://www.efl.com/news/2022/january/derby-county-update-joint-statement-from-efl-and-quantuma/

Might be worth an edit to confirm when that statement was made?

It currently looks like the latest update everyone has been demanding.

A tad misleading, albeit I suspect unintentional.  ?

17 hours ago, Seth's left foot said:

So you have no faith in Mike Ashley getting his PR man to give an interview confirming his interest? At this late stage he will be well aware of what it will take to steady the ship.

I expect his announcement as the PB tomorrow ?

Mike Ashley will only buy businesses for a pittance and then run it on a shoestring to make a profit. DCFC can’t be bought for nothing and it’s very difficult to make a profit. I don’t consider him a serious solution for our predicament.

8 minutes ago, Gritstone Tup said:

Mike Ashley will only buy businesses for a pittance and then run it on a shoestring to make a profit. DCFC can’t be bought for nothing and it’s very difficult to make a profit. I don’t consider him a serious solution for our predicament.

Which seems at odds what his actual spokesperson said.

Edited by Eatonram