The Administration Thread

Boycie

6 minutes ago, Tyler Durden said:

Will pin this comment.

Problem with your logic is that the season isn't played over 10 games so there's nothing to say the form we've seen will be replicated over the next 10 games and so on. And conversely that the form Barnsley etc have demonstrated will be continued over the next 10 games.

Wish it were that simple just to draw a straight line from now until the end of the season using our last 10 games as the starting point but it's not unfortunately. 

Doesn't mean that we won't escape though. 

Go for it ?

I would say that current form is the best metric here and, as we saw at the end of last season, it can be incredibly hard to turn things around when things aren't going your way and confidence is low.

5 minutes ago, Ken Tram said:

I meant, does "accord" tend to have a nuanced meaning in legal terms.

What comes to mind for me is that an accord is an agreed set of principles, rather than an agreement of final terms.

On an international scale, the difference between an accord and a treaty.

I think the word was carefully chosen to not use the word "settlement" and in this context it could mean anything from Mels agreed to indemnify new owners from arbitration liabilities to they both agreed to drop everything to gibson got £x to bugger off.

Going off the interview with the administrator, my hunch is Mel gave Gibson "some" money for MFC to drop it against DCFC and probably agreements on what can be said publicly (e.g. probably for Gibson/MFC to no longer say "systemically cheating for years" etc).

Just now, Scott129 said:

Go for it ?

I would say that current form is the best metric here and, as we saw at the end of last season, it can be incredibly hard to turn things around when things aren't going your way and confidence is low.

Whats the huge disclaimer you're given when you're about to invest in the stockmarket - past performance is not indicative of future results. It's not like you're shoving your cash into savings accounts where you're GUARANTEED  a fixed return every year.

Same logic applies here unfortunately,  there's so many impondrables between now and the end of the season that none of us can predict. 

We've still got a chance of staying up but all it is is a chance. 

6 minutes ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

I think the word was carefully chosen to not use the word "settlement" and in this context it could mean anything from Mels agreed to indemnify new owners from arbitration liabilities to they both agreed to drop everything to gibson got £x to bugger off.

Going off the interview with the administrator, my hunch is Mel gave Gibson "some" money for MFC to drop it against DCFC and probably agreements on what can be said publicly (e.g. probably for Gibson/MFC to no longer say "systemically cheating for years" etc).

So it’s ok to sue QPR then - what would the EFL do I wonder 

3 minutes ago, Sparkle said:

So it’s ok to sue QPR then - what would the EFL do I wonder 

Well, they'd probably throw a massive hissy fit because the entire point of the exercise was to make an example of Derby County, which without being aided and abetted by don Gibson would've really just highlighted the efl's inadiquecy

55 minutes ago, PistoldPete said:

What information do Efl ever give us? Their Pr spin just isn’t worth anything at all except to provide more ammunition for Efl haters like me. 

I dislike the EFL as well but it feels right for the supporters groups invited to at least go along and listen/ask questions provided those attending are on full alert for any spin/PR the EFL may try.

If the supporters groups declined then it would leave the door wide open for the EFL to say "we have tried to engage but you declined".

49 minutes ago, Ken Tram said:

What is an accord?

When I first read, "... they have reached an accord on a resolution of the claims ...," I took it to mean that they have agreed how they will resolve the claim, which could mean the process that they will follow.

However, a pundit was saying that it means that it means that a final resolution has been agreed, which may or may not include a settlement of cash, for example.

Can someone explain the range of possibilities that could be covered by the use of the term accord?

Could it be a process that has been agreed, or does it mean that an outcome has been agreed?

If Mr Gibson has agreed an ACCORD does that make him an ACCORDION?

ie: A wheezy wind box that makes an excruciating bleating sound when you press his buttons and put the squeeze on?

(Definition works for MM too)

33 minutes ago, Tyler Durden said:

Yer I include Morris in that mix along with Gibson, the EFL etc for avoidance of doubt.

Maybe. But my take is that there is evidence he was always a defendant to Boro claim. The Boro statement said they alleged against the Directors as well as Dcfc.

and yesterday’s statement from dcfc said Boro were dropping their claim against Derby and others. 

If true , not much has changed from Morris perspective .. a claim against him as Director replaced by a claim against him personally. So he isn’t taking on that much.

all was needed was to persuade Gibson he wasn’t getting a penny from dcfc. For many reasons. We’ve got no money and are protected by insolvency law , whatever Efl May say.

27 minutes ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

Well, they'd probably throw a massive hissy fit because the entire point of the exercise was to make an example of Derby County, which without being aided and abetted by don Gibson would've really just highlighted the efl's inadiquecy

Yeh - we would at least highlight again the way we have been treated 

12 hours ago, kevinhectoring said:

- CC went for the jugular on : “why didn’t you see how problematic the Gibbo claim would be”. Also tested H on the EFl position on football creditors. Hoskin was pretty defensive.  He lost the plot on the EFl point where he sort of accused the EFL of accusing him of lying and then hilariously stated that because he is an officer of the court he’s not allowed to lie !! 

Hoskin has a habit of over promising and again he painted a very rosy picture despite some uncertainties. Hopefully we’re in the final straight 

They didn't see Gibson as being a problem because they were going to announce a PB and that Boro/WW would be 'class crammed', but the EFL stepped in and said 'no go'. He said this in the interview.

CC might go for 'the jugular' but whilst the EFL are still very much involved, I'd prefer he'd trod the more sensible line! Fortunately Hoskins was more sensible with his answers.

1 hour ago, Scott129 said:

Go for it ?

In fairness Tyler is right. Statistically, it's much stronger to use the full sample of games than a 10 game batch. Given our run of the last 10 and the dip in the last 10 from our rivals it's natural to want to use it because it makes the task look easier. I still think we'll need anything from 23-30 points from the last 16 to stay up. That's definitely not impossible but it will be difficult. 

1 hour ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

I'll have to play it back but I'm sure the admin fella let slip that he thanked MM for the 'settlement' during the interview. I would infer from that MM may have made a payment. 

Just now, winktheram said:

I'll have to play it back but I'm sure the admin fella let slip that he thanked MM for the 'settlement' during the interview. I would infer from that MM may have made a payment. 

I thought he did and corrected himself but wasn't sure and in my head I thought it must've just been kind of implied that was what had gone on.

We'll never know the full details I suppose.

34 minutes ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

I thought he did and corrected himself but wasn't sure and in my head I thought it must've just been kind of implied that was what had gone on.

Did he talk about whether there'd be money 'available' from funds to pay the two parasites legal costs pre-'class cram'? 

Edited by RoyMac5

58 minutes ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

RD just played it again. He does thank them both for the settlement. Guess you can read into that whatever. 

Has anyone mentioned that the accord might have been something along the lines of…

Mel “look steve, I understand your frustrations with the way I ran Derby County. I was trying to find loop holes and get round the regulations of the EFL who you know as well as I do are incompetent to the highest level. We’re both supporters of our club and both savvy business men. You’d probably have done the same right? Why not lay off the club, I’ve gone, it wants to move forward.”

Gibson “All fair points Mel, and yes, I am a savvy business man, thanks for noticing! But my issue is I have to find fault somewhere for my teams inability to get promoted with all of those parachute payments! I’ve already blamed Karanka, Pulis and Warnock, I can’t blame myself!

Mel “Well Steve, I’m not incompetent and your not incompetent. Who is incompetent?”

Steve “…..”

Mel “The EFL Steve, the answer is the EFL”

Steve “oooooooooh! Riiiiiiiiiight…. Not sure I follow Mel”

Mel “We go after the EFL together Steve, me and you! Whata ya say buddy??”

Steve “your my hero Mel!”

Mel “I know Steve, I know. Why don’t we do something about that Barnet, you can look just like me!”

*sound of sheep clippers*

Just a thought while I was bored waiting for the game to start.