The Administration Thread

Boycie

The QPR one was the most disappointing. That side deserved to be promoted. 

So many things to look back on though. I feel Lampard’s side would have been promoted had West Brom beaten Villa on penalties in the other semi-final. We had West Brom’s number that season.

And the 2015-16 season. We were better than Hull for 3 out of the 4 games we played them that season but that first-leg we just had so much bad luck go against us. That Odubajo deflected goal was a joke. Sheffield Wednesday were a poor opponent in the final.

No complaints about the Fulham playoff defeat. They were superior. Villa were better than us too.

The 2013-14 and 15-16 playoffs were the much bigger missed opportunities.

1 hour ago, CBRammette said:

Since Nixon's "cover everything and something will be right" tweet have been wondering do you think there is any chance Binnie/Appleby bids could join up?  
Binnies cant/wont buy stadium but rumours are that Appleby bid will but dont have enough funds. If they joined up reduces their exposure/risk, club gets stadium back, presumably have enough £ for CVA % needed if claims somehow dealt with by Mel (more likely if he gets rid of stadium?) and Binnies get team experience with the club? We survive with more solid backing

Simples - well it is on paper!!! 

What I can't get my head around is..

If Appleby hasn't got enough funds, how the hell have they got to this stage?

The admins said they wanted proof of foods and proof of 100 million etc.

17 minutes ago, Sparkle said:

Didn’t the EFL offer arbitration or court? To Derby ? 

Not sure it was ever clarified, but I’ve always understood that as take us to court if you want to challenge the football creditors ruling, or just go through arbitration if you want the claims deciding. I don’t think they were offering to let us have the claims themselves decided in court.

4 minutes ago, duncanjwitham said:

Not sure it was ever clarified, but I’ve always understood that as take us to court if you want to challenge the football creditors ruling, or just go through arbitration if you want the claims deciding. I don’t think they were offering to let us have the claims themselves decided in court.

I thought that’s what it said in one of the recent EFL statements 

5 minutes ago, Gerry Daly said:

I don't think Villa were better than us. I thought Leeds and WBA were better than them and we beat both. If Lampard had picked Marriott instead of Bennett for the final I think we would have won 

Not sure Marriott never seemed to be able to play enough minutes, a bigger problem was not having a left back who could run - malone was stupid to get sent off in the play off and Lowe missed his opportunity by wanting to go back to Scotland with Aberdeen 

16 minutes ago, Gerry Daly said:

I don't think Villa were better than us. I thought Leeds and WBA were better than them and we beat both. If Lampard had picked Marriott instead of Bennett for the final I think we would have won 

Thinking back, how on earth did he go with Bennett, after Marriott's performance at Leeds? Bizarre, a case of over-thinking or thinking wrongly?

18 minutes ago, Gerry Daly said:

He wasn’t fit to play 90 mins.

1 hour ago, Kathcairns said:

We have been in 4 playoff finals been to 3, only one i coud'nt go to was the west brom one, now my fam beg me not to go.??. Have to agree the Leicester one was the worst, with the leicester fans celebrating on the bridges.

Euro 2020 final at Wembley, penalties.  I turn to the random bloke next to me and ask “are we gonna do this?”

”Well”, he says, “I’m a Derby fan and I always lose here”.  I smiled sadly, pulled out my Rams COVID mask, and we both knew we were doomed. 

Sad, but 100% true. 

49 minutes ago, PistoldPete said:

Not sure why he is asking if its legally doable.. as I've said elswhere my undestanding is Boro are claiming againt DCFC AND their directors which included Morris so why dont they just go after him? . And Parry  doesn't seem so bothered about it being legally doable for Boro and Wycome to go to arbitration when they are not entitled to pursue their claims against DCFC whilst we are in administration.  

You do keep saying lots of things Pete, but it doesn’t mean they are right.

As GOC pointed out earlier Morris selling the Club wouldn’t have made any difference to past P&S indiscretions. And you keep banging on about MFC’s most recent statement making reference to Directors. As @Brailsford Ram has informed you twice, MFC cannot claim against the Directors because they are protected by Limited Liability. Only if the Directors agree to strip themselves of such protections is such action available, which Morris has offered.

Why are we discussing the Play Off final on this thread?!

Concern for me is if Ashley has pulled out, how much financial muscle do the Binnies and Appleby groups have? If Appleby is struggling to raise the money for the takeover it doesn’t bode well for our long term prospects! The Binnies are unknown in regards their wealth. Ashley has the funds, he’s just a tight arse. I’m kind of hoping he’s still in the running. 

5 minutes ago, enachops said:

Why are we discussing the Play Off final on this thread?!

Concern for me is if Ashley has pulled out, how much financial muscle do the Binnies and Appleby groups have? If Appleby is struggling to raise the money for the takeover it doesn’t bode well for our long term prospects! The Binnies are unknown in regards their wealth. Ashley has the funds, he’s just a tight arse. I’m kind of hoping he’s still in the running. 

Don’t think Ashley has any trouble raising money. He just has a view (probably pretty accurate) on the value of the club as a business and won’t pay more.

2 hours ago, CBRammette said:

Since Nixon's "cover everything and something will be right" tweet have been wondering do you think there is any chance Binnie/Appleby bids could join up?  
Binnies cant/wont buy stadium but rumours are that Appleby bid will but dont have enough funds. If they joined up reduces their exposure/risk, club gets stadium back, presumably have enough £ for CVA % needed if claims somehow dealt with by Mel (more likely if he gets rid of stadium?) and Binnies get team experience with the club? We survive with more solid backing

Simples - well it is on paper!!! 

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-10481925/Former-Newcastle-owner-Mike-Ashley-withdraws-bid-buy-Championship-club-Derby-County.html

I know that there have been suggestions or rumours that Mike Ashley has withdrawn his bid, but not sure if this has been confirmed? Ashley would have been the best option as he is able to fund a takeover which includes the ground. If he is walking away, I think we are really struggling.