The Administration Thread

Boycie

20 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

He attempts to come across as very reasoned and caring about Derby - but we're one of many, so I'm not feeling special! ?

But really he just comes across as feeling bitter about not being 'chosen'.

If he got bored of wasting money trying to buy us, god only knows how quickly he'd have got bored of wasting money trying to run us! ?

Who have we sold then?! Lol. Who were our two best 'roster assets' then?

This guy would make a good Red Top journo! ?

Our quarterback and short stop.

The reason he has done it this way is to make it clear that the only way for there to be a fair hearing is through the high court.

If he just agrees to indemnify the claim, the EFL and Middlesbrough will continue to push for closed shop arbitration rather than a court decision, where they can select their counsel to get the result they want. Their track record of impartiality when it comes to Derby County is pretty damning.

Mel Morris doesn't trust the EFL to play fair. I don't trust the EFL to play fair either.

1 hour ago, kevinhectoring said:

But you get a load of Derby fans outside EFl House and you risk events spiralling out of control in a very bad way, which will attract more press attention that all of our efforts to date. And will bring shame on us all and damage the club that I love just as much as you 

Rowdy scenes outside EFL HQ here in Preston, With the gates locked missiles are being thrown, People are trying to climb the gates, Police and security are doing their level best to keep the angry crowd at bay, There's an estimated 5000 very angry fans here.

I'm speaking to Thomas who's been a supporter of Derby County for 45 years, Thomas why are you here demonstrating, Hello Andrew, The EFL and Middlesboro are doing their level best to put DCFC out of business, By trying to extort money from us with ludicrous accusations, Steve Gibson went after the EFL at 1st but said that if you go after DCFC we'll drop our threat to sue the EFL, Since then the EFL have done nothing absolutely nothing for one of it's members.

But Thomas haven't DCFC been cheating, No Andrew, All charges were thrown out except for a miner indiscretion of poor explanation of our accounting method where we were fined £100k, We've had 21 points deducted for our sins, Now there's people out there that wont be satisfied until we're put to death.

Well thank you Thomas, There you have it folks, The EFL and Middlesboro look to be the evil ones here.

Andrew Pointsman Sky news Preston...jesus christ that bottle just missed my head.

Edited by Unlucky Alf

21 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

He attempts to come across as very reasoned and caring about Derby - but we're one of many, so I'm not feeling special! ?

But really he just comes across as feeling bitter about not being 'chosen'.

If he got bored of wasting money trying to buy us, god only knows how quickly he'd have got bored of wasting money trying to run us! ?

Who have we sold then?! Lol. Who were our two best 'roster assets' then?

This guy would make a good Red Top journo! ?

CK’s continued engagement suggests he might not yet be done with us. 

Not sure if it’s been mentioned before but could Mel know they’ll reject it but Mel has maybe made a deal with a new potential owner that he’ll take any liability if Boro or Wycombe win in arbitration? But he’s done this statement to make it public that 1. The EFL are useless and willing to let a club die to cover there own backs? 2. Gibson would be happy to see Derby die just to try get a penny back! Or am I being too positive thinking Mel is willing to cover cost if they reject it?

18 minutes ago, angieram said:

Yes. We wouldn't want to inconvenience those nice people that work at the EFL, would we?

Come one AngieRam, you know even better than I do what some of our fans are like.  An out of control protest in Middlesborough, at EFl House or even the Waitrose in Wycombe could become a very serious stain on the club. 

Just now, kevinhectoring said:

Come one AngieRam, you know even better than I do what some of our fans are like.  An out of control protest in Middlesborough, at EFl House or even the Waitrose in Wycombe could become a very serious stain on the club. 

You were at the march in Derby, were you?

Not one bit of trouble.

2 minutes ago, angieram said:

You were at the march in Derby, were you?

Not one bit of trouble.

Marching in Derby where everybody sympathises with the club is a lot different to doing the same in Boro or at the EFL. You can't seriously compare the two situations.

I will be very surprised if the boro match is trouble free.

7 minutes ago, angieram said:

The reason he has done it this way is to make it clear that the only way for there to be a fair hearing is through the high court.

If he just agrees to indemnify the claim, the EFL and Middlesbrough will continue to push for closed shop arbitration rather than a court decision, where they can select their counsel to get the result they want. Their track record of impartiality when it comes to Derby County is pretty damning.

Mel Morris doesn't trust the EFL to play fair. I don't trust the EFL to play fair either.

Exactly what I've tried to say elsewhere today but better.

My concern with @kevinhectoringtype arguments for Mel to just 'sign whatever' is its splitting our argument/consensus and turning us on each other. 

Most fans DO NOT want to pay off Boro. The single narrative should be that Boro and the EFL have been colluding to shaft us and so it should go the High Court.

MPs are arguing this, EFL have suggested it should be OK. Mel is on board and the public will see it as fair.

11 hours ago, PistoldPete said:

The offer of a mediation to a neutral would seem pragmatic and a way forward. But it would achieve absolutely nothing. why? Because Boro and Wycombe will walk away unless they are offered Cash. There is no way this would be about anything other than a way of getting money from the Club or Mel as a price to pay for unblocking admin. There would be no point in arguing the merits of the claim the meeting will only achieve an outcome if there is an offer of cash. An offer of cash would be portrayed as legitimising the claims and the whole cheating accusations would then be said to have been proved. If they were confident of their claim they would accept Mels offer to see them in court. But they won’t. 

1 minute ago, Chester40 said:

Exactly what I've tried to say elsewhere today but better.

My concern with @kevinhectoringtype arguments for Mel to just 'sign whatever' is its splitting our argument/consensus and turning us on each other. 

Most fans DO NOT want to pay off Boro. The single narrative should be that Boro and the EFL have been colluding to shaft us and so it should go the High Court.

MPs are arguing this, EFL have suggested it should be OK. Mel is on board and the public will see it as fair.

Understand the overall sentiment and even agree with it. But I think as soon as you get into the details of what you’re proposing (High Court action) you realise these legal actions are complicated uncertain and expensive and they take ages. Don’t just believe the comments on here that the admins have free and easy access to the court’s diary, that’s a mile from the truth. They might have top priority when it comes to the admin proceedings, but those are narrow proceedings and the likes of Gibbo and Couhig are no part of them. @Brailsford Ramhas been pushing this topic I think would be interested in their input 

1 minute ago, kevinhectoring said:

Understand the overall sentiment and even agree with it. But I think as soon as you get into the details of what you’re proposing (High Court action) you realise these legal actions are complicated uncertain and expensive and they take ages. Don’t just believe the comments on here that the admins have free and easy access to the court’s diary, that’s a mile from the truth. They might have top priority when it comes to the admin proceedings, but those are narrow proceedings and the likes of Gibbo and Couhig are no part of them. @Brailsford Ramhas been pushing this topic I think would be interested in their input 

Doesn’t MM need to indemnify the buyers or all this  is meaningless.  It’s not possible for Boro to claim from MM direct is it !