The Administration Thread

Boycie

4 hours ago, Tamworthram said:

Their claim is for compensation for lost income. As long as they get that (if they win) how can they justify not taking him up on the offer unless they want to publicly admit their main aim is to destroy the club?

Yes compensation from the club,not compensation from MM.

56 minutes ago, BramcoteRam84 said:

Well that was an interesting day. Depression from the EFL statement despair with the revelations on Festy going to Udinese, Bamford further sticking the boot in with another statement. Then in comes Mel to (possibly) change the game. 

It’s certainly a positive and pragmatic move by Mel to try and resolve the impasse. However he couldn’t resist the grandstanding, bringing up once again how we have been the victims of EFL and Boro collusion in the FFP case (despite the fact even the IDC who found in our favour ruled out the possibility of collusion between Boro and the EFL and dismissed all Mel’s claims that he was the “Enemy of the EFL State”). Whether we agree with some of his points or not (I actually back him on the FFP thing) not sure this prodding of the EFL helps our immediate term objective to save the club, though it might serve to underline to the world (and the people who interviewed him as part of the independent review into football governance) how incompetent and not fit for purpose the EFL are - that might have been his intention.

Interestingly surprisingly few people have commented on Kirchner’s various tweets tonight on the subject, he’s been very vocal saying claims weren’t an issue to him as they would go away (I’m not sure he understands the convoluted nature of the EFL and it’s rules which are above the law though) and it was basically the price is way to high driven by Mel wanting back his guarantee for MSD. He was also very critical of Quantuma saying they’ve made the club impossible to sell and he sees this as pure grandstanding from Mel, blaming everyone but himself again and that it isn’t necessarily the magic route to getting a deal done. I see BAWT have got him on their Twitter forum on Monday night - that should be an interesting watch.

FWIW I think this is a step in the right direction, but I feel Boro and Wycombe won’t go for it and the EFL will support them, I think they will still try to force it down arbitration which gives them more of a chance, will Mel do the ultimate thing and indemnify the buyers for any losses - this we don’t know as he’s more likely to lose in arbitration, he knows he’s very likely to win in the high court

The plot thickens…….

It won't.  After tonight they should bin him off.  He turned tail and ran when it looked like he had to put in another million pounds, then he started shaking his rattle.  Speaking to this numpty at this stage helps no one.

3 minutes ago, Chester40 said:

Isnt the issue he is saying 'see you in the high court'....but Boro will ask to go to an EFL kangaroo arbitration Court? 

He obviously believes he is in the right and will wipe the floor with them in court but doesn't trust anything involving the EFL?

Amanda Salloway mentioned the High Court in her statement too

11 minutes ago, Leeds Ram said:

I can't see how Boro and Wycombe will go for this. They'll definitely just claim that Mel is an individual and their beef is not with him as an individual but with Derby county. But I think what this statement does do is back them into a corner where if they want to pursue this we go from looking like the dirty cheats to both of them looking like club killing bar stewards.  

I can see 3 realistic options 

1) They drop all claims and give it up 
2) They refuse and Mel doesn't guarantee the funds to settle through arbitration leaving us back to square 1                                                  3) They refuse the offer but Mel does guarantee funds to settle if need be and we have a preferred bidder relatively quickly 

Gibson has made it clear in several statements that his beef is with Morris, particularly, in his latest rant, about the stadium sale.

59 minutes ago, Andrew1 said:

And thus they will ensure that everyone will see they just want to send Derby into Liquidation 

This means that the EFL and ‘Boro get exposed for what they are.  Not fit for purpose as a regulator and a parasite willing to kill another football club.

Wycombe are an irrelevance

if this isn’t enough for the politicians to take this in hand I don’t know what would be.

Not a fan of Morris, but this move calls out them out completely, so we need to give him a modicum of respect for that.

Utter and total irrevelent 

Just now, uttoxram75 said:

Gibson has made it clear in several statements that his beef is with Morris, particularly, in his latest rant, about the stadium sale.

I agree it's descended into a personal vendetta but that doesn't necessarily mean he'll take this offer up. I hope I'm wrong. 

2 minutes ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

It won't.  After tonight they should bin him off.  He turned tail and ran when it looked like he had to put in another million pounds, then he started shaking his rattle.  Speaking to this numpty at this stage helps no one.

Totally agree, was never going to have anything to offer other than negativity. Potentially we could have learned something from his failure to secure a deal..but having read his tweets its clear he is just a loudmouth intent on justifying himself and being obnoxious.

4 hours ago, PistoldPete said:

Then quantama go to Court and say Derby are in adminsitration so they should be protected, in accordance with insolvency law. And how could a Court say that isn't fair now when Boro and Wycombe can go after mel instead? 

MM gave up ownership of the club when he put us in administration, the issue at the minute is the dispute between M/WW/DCFC and not individuals. It doesn't really alter anything that MM has offered them the chance to take him to court,it is the perceived actions MM took whilst the owner of the club and not for him to gain personally

7 minutes ago, Finch said:

Utter and total irrevelent 

Ok , I can understand you disagree with me but please make some sort of argument?..

just stating your disagreements without a reason… is welll… irrelevant (note the correct spelling) ?

1 minute ago, Leeds Ram said:

I agree it's descended into a personal vendetta but that doesn't necessarily mean he'll take this offer up. I hope I'm wrong. 

I agree he won't want to take it up, but if the MP's pile on to the EFL over this then they, The EFL,  may concede the football creditors bit and the takeover goes through. Its a no win position for Parry so it may come down to how powerful his deal is with Gibson v external pressure not to be seen biased against Derby.

I hope Parry feels as stressed as we all have while he ponders his decision. 

This is now the crux of the whole fiasco, Parrys loyalty to Gibson v his duty to be seen as impartial as Chairman of the EFL.

Sleep well you corrupt bar steward!

2 minutes ago, kevinhectoring said:

The Boro law suit is against DCFC why would they agree to sue MM ? They won’t because they’d lose 

Gibson's made it clear through his rambling statements that Morris is absolutely key to his claim. He can't claim it's purely against the entity of DCFC because he's made it personal. This tests his statement about having concern for DCFC and its fans. If him and Couhig double down on their claims against DCFC, it makes it clear what their underlying aim is. 

10 minute walk from Preston train station to EFL headquarters. 

how many fans do you think we can gather to sing

’we’re coming for you 

we’re coming for you

EFL we’re coming for you’?

absolute focus needs to be on them, gibson and that wannabe at Wycombe. Maybe a three way protest. 1/3 at Preston, 1/3 at boro and 1/3 at Wycombe. 

these fuxkers can’t get away with this. 

4 minutes ago, Crewton said:

Gibson's made it clear through his rambling statements that Morris is absolutely key to his claim. He can't claim it's purely against the entity of DCFC because he's made it personal. This tests his statement about having concern for DCFC and its fans. If him and Couhig double down on their claims against DCFC, it makes it clear what their underlying aim is. 

In his statement he also states a significant part of their claim is against the stadium which is owned by Mel not DCFC & also not in admin. So is his claim actually against DCFC?

If his claim is partly about the stadium in theory he should have 2 claims, 1 vs DCFC for ehatever nonsense he has made up & 1 vs Mel for his issues regards the stadium

9 minutes ago, Crewton said:

2 different points 

- Gibbo’s is asserting a claim by MFC against the club

- Gibbo has blamed MM for our plight. 

Gibbo has never said there is a provable claim against MM. 

MM’s offer is pointless. It’s a PR exercise. He needs to indemnify the club against the claims. 

Edited by kevinhectoring

4 minutes ago, Crewton said:

I am sipping my night cap knowing that the ambulance chasers are being pinned into their corners and will have to show their true colours now.

??