The Administration Thread

Boycie

4 minutes ago, i-Ram said:

Only just got round to reading Nixon's article. I think the most interesting bit, if you can believe the reluctant one, is his comment:

HMRC and government are now asking the EFL about the dispute and how it affects the amount paid to the tax man. Under the original admin plan HMRC would get 25 per cent of their cash, around £7 million.

This is positive news. It should mean that Quantuma have at last some useful additional leverage, as it seems to date the EFL have been simply saying we aint budging, and our rules have to be followed in respect of the Boro/Wyco claims. I would hope the Government and their Tax Collecting Authority will be more than gently reminding them too that the EFL are not superior to the laws of the land, and that they must comply fully with the relevant legal statute.

This is a candlelight at the end of the tunnel - especially when at the start of this HMRC's position seemed to be 'all or nothing', or at least that was the way it was being portrayed.

At least the HMRC is appearing to be a positive for us. Looks like a position of if the EFL could be under serious pressure from HMRC if they feel that they are being prevented from collecting a significant chunk of cash and any future taxes.

9 minutes ago, DCFC1388 said:

So Nixon is saying that the admins were meant to be announcing a preferred bidder to the EFL on Tuesday, which aligns with the whole significant progress news at the start of the week and the meeting being delayed until Tuesday

So, WHY didnt the preferred bidder get named? That is three times that a preferred bidder has appeared clsoe but not happened. Just before Xmas with the 'imminent' talk, then a couple of weeks back when Rooney came out really confident on a Thurs only to be embargoed on the Friday and now this Tuesday.

Mel didn't give the go ahead?

58 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

Appleby - The money man wants the MFC/WWFC issues resolved before committing
Binnies - Offer doesn't include stadium OR dealing with MFC/WWFC claims
Ashley - Mel and admins have to take less than they want

HMRC don't know how much they'll get without knowing what the two parasite clubs will get (if they're football creditors or not)

19 minutes ago, Animal is a Ram said:

Okay, as far as I see it:

EFL - not helping by refusing to determine if Boro/Wycombe will be football creditors or not.
Mel - not helping by being unwillling/unable to compromise on the stadium issue
Boro/Wycombe - not helping by refusing to drop claims

While I agree that Quantuma aren't being the best, they're being pulled 3 different ways by the above.

Good summaries from the two of you and both worth pinning or circulating to anyone new to the issue.

I think the focus of the "decision makers" - the EFL, in particular, - needs to be on settling the Boro and Wycome "claims" as quickly as possible. If they win and insist on being paid anything, we're screwed, more than that football is screwed. But at least we will know where we stand.

11 minutes ago, PistoldPete said:

This point was made by one of the MPs in the Parliamentary debate last week. I don't think it was lost on the Government ministers.  

I think it's the point we have to play on to get the most public support.

Would the public rather HMRC got something or let the two parasite clubs hoover up that money instead?

1 hour ago, Bald Eagle's Barmy Army said:

I think it's abundantly clear who the interested party's are. 

It is - but you go beyond that with gifs of champagne corks popping, american flags waving......you are clearly playing the "I'm ITK" game.

A lot of us are going through a lot of anguish at the moment - this is not a time for playing with people's emotions. Cheers.

1 minute ago, IslandExile said:

It is - but you go beyond that with gifs of champagne corks popping, american flags waving......you are clearly playing the "I'm ITK" game.

A lot of us are going through a lot of anguish at the moment - this is not a time for playing with people's emotions. Cheers.

You need to lighten up or you’ll end up in exile 

16 minutes ago, Steve How Hard? said:

The big question that I want answering is do the EFL now know the basis of the parasites claims or are they still hiding behind the their bullshoot notion that they don't know this? 

Parry and  his spineless band of cretins are the major reason this process is dragging out and threatening our very existence.  

Their statement a couple of weeks ago references submissions by the clubs in relation to the claims, so, yes, the EFL have knowledge of them.

Quite what was put forward we don't know, my guess is that they were "our position on why we are/are not football creditors" and not "well here is our evidence'

1 hour ago, PistoldPete said:

Well it’s possible they know each other, still  makes it very tenuous indeed.

just because the MP’s son is anti EFL doesn’t mean anything. So am I and I’ve never met Mel Morris. So is Margaret Beckett and she  isn’t a Tory, most of our local MPs are anti EFL.

I don't like it at all, its all very convenient and too much of a coincidence in my opinion. 

so what are the facts here?

this Jimmy McLoughlin guy has rocked up out of nowhere and is now running these twitter meet ups and so on.

the administrators were appointed in September 2021

only 5 weeks later Jimmy McLoughlin is sat in a meeting / discussion with Mr Carl Jackson, CEO and founder of Quantuma, see link

https://www.quantuma.com/events/long-road-recovery-considered-response-autumn-budget

Patrick McLoughlin, father to Jimmy, has in the past received large sums of money as donations from Mel Morris

https://www.theyworkforyou.com/regmem/?p=10397

So what is Jimmy's agenda here? he will have you believe it is to save Derby County. 

My guess is he is being paid by Quantuma and or Mel Morris to push the anti EFL, Boro, Wycombe motion hard to fans, and thus deflecting on the actual shambolic job the admins are doing as they line their pockets by the hour. 

I'm now as sure as ever that Mel is still pulling the strings, still with no concern for club or fans, as he hopes to limit his losses on the MSD loan. These creditors (excluding MSD) wont get paid enough, we will not exit administration cleanly, ensuing League 1 and minus 15 points come July.

Let's be honest. The reason we've been given another 4 weeks is to make sure we can't sign anybody and potentially have to lose more players. The EFL, plus the people making the spurious claims, are terrified to death that we might just gain enough points to avoid relegation this season, despite the 21 points deduction and umpteen transfer embargoes already.

Edited by angieram
Remove swearing

1 hour ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

All I would ask is, what can the admins realistically achieve in the next 4 weeks that they have failed to do in the last 4 months?

I think the likely outcome from this sorry affair is liquidation of Derby County as we know it and we start again in league 2.

There are too many things that need to fall into place and 3 bidders getting frustrated all for different issues.

Nothing, other than the admins will be 4 weeks richer. 

They are going to decimate the club, my only hope is that Ashley is waiting in the background for a reduced price football club with next to no assets or stature. my guess or hope is that this is already agreed. I no longer believe the hold up is EFL, Boro or Wycombe, but it is only the administrators and Mel Morris. 

6 minutes ago, Eatonram said:

Mr Rick Parry,

I'd like to formally invite you to the game on Sunday, on behalf of supporters. KO 1.30. As the current Chair of the EFL I'm sure you can see the importance of this game and of course you also have said you act on behalf of ALL the EFL Clubs which I assume includes DCFC.

I don’t know about Rick Parry, but we should invite the local MPs. At least they are trying to help; I’m not convinced they are BIG Derby fans, but they are supporters nonetheless. Would love to see them at PPS supporting the rams.

6 minutes ago, WharfedaleRam said:

Let's be honest. The reason we've been given another 4 weeks is to make sure we can't sign anybody and potentially have to lose more players. The EFL, plus the w@nkers making the spurious claims, are terrified to death that we might just gain enough points to avoid relegation this season, despite the 21 points deduction and umpteen transfer embargoes already.

Not sure this is right, but all the more reason to support the rams EVERY SINGLE WEEK!!

50 minutes ago, duncanjwitham said:

I'm still to see a logical reason why 'Boro and Wycombe couldn't just file new claims after we exited admin.  The EFL seem very clear that there's no vetting process or anything over claims. If a club makes a claim, it either gets settled "out of court", or goes to arbitration.  So what happens if they do that? We refuse to settle, go to arbitration? Can you guarantee that a LAP would accept the argument that their claims had been dealt with by compressing them to zero?  I wouldn't risk £50m+ on that.

I'd assumed the point was if their claims were dealt with as part of the administration process, such future legal claims would not be possible, or would at least be severely compromised. Hence the administrators wanting to get clarity that the EFL doesn't consider them "football creditors" - so they can essentially compress the claims, and tell investors they don't need to worry about them, without the EFL vetoing the deal/kicking us out of the league. 

The "Binnie compromise" seems to me to be something like "Okay we won't deal with these claims at all during administration and just look at them later". I daresay other would-be investors want them dealt with now as potential liabilities of £50m or so are pretty off-putting when the club isn't worth anything like that.

It's incredibly annoying how Boro and Wycombe are acting like creditors in this process when they are actually claimants.