The Administration Thread

Boycie

4 minutes ago, David said:

Play offs = A day out in court, winning would be a great day, losing one of the worst you can imagine as a football fan. We're favourites, but we saw what happened with QPR.

Liquidation would be a lot worse than losing in court.

Edited by angieram
Remove personal insults

4 minutes ago, Andicis said:

Where are you getting any information on this? I can't find anything reliable. 

stuff on wikipedia that is backed up with some sources and some material from other websites that have constructed timelines. Like I said this is a very brief search and I hope there are deeper pockets than what seems immediately apparent. 

6 minutes ago, Malty said:

Doesn’t the administrator have a duty to the creditors to get the best deal for them?

So even if these guys do agree to a future contingent liability to Middlesbrough and Wycombe, they might not be the highest bidder and therefore the admins may not be able to select them.

As with anything … this might be good news, it might not be. Who knows??

So far as we know this is the only actual bid. So if this is the best they can get then...

Let's not get carried away. "Full asking price" means matches what's agreed with creditors at present, i.e. matches current best bid in terms of creditors.

Leveraged buyout - you don't need to be worth £60m to borrow £60m

Taking on the WW/Boro liabilities is significant though - either they've had word on the price to get them to bog off and decided it's acceptable, or, are very very confident in their legal advice.

3 minutes ago, David said:

Yeah, I'm torn if I'm honest, bit like do you want automatic promotion or the play offs?

Automatic promotion = EFL shutting the Boro and Wycombe claims down

Play offs = A day out in court, winning would be a great day, losing one of the worst you can imagine as a football fan. We're favourites, but we saw what happened with QPR.

My concern with just shutting it down would be that there seems to be (to me anyway) no way under EFL rules to actually do that. If we exit admin and shut those claims down as part of it, what's to stop them just filing new claims? We know full well that there seems to be no vetting process at all over claims, you can file what you like. So we're gambling on a LAP saying that this claim has already been decided (when it kind of hasn't) to shut it down, and I wouldn't stake £50m on that happening.

Let's see get it settled finally, if we can IMO.

4 minutes ago, PistoldPete said:

I had my comment deleted. You’re as bad as the Efl the way you apply these forum rules. Do you have a vendetta against me?

I haven't removed a single post in days. I'm currently the worst moderator on the forum and that's saying something when Boycie is here 

Edited by angieram

1 minute ago, LauraH said:

So far as we know this is the only actual bid. So if this is the best they can get then...

I thought there had been multiple bids? Kirchener, Ashley, Appleby, ANOther (maybe these guys??).

I suspect this may accelerate eliminating the Middlesbrough /Wycombe issue from the negotiations. So great news.

But it still leaves the rest of the creditors. We still don’t know where quantuma really are with them.

Just now, JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta said:

If these folks end up taking over I can't wait for Gibson to start a fresh vendetta with them when he has his claim thrown out. I wonder what he will try next?

Actually, I already know what him and the EFL will do. They will put up so much additional new red tape and nonsense as part of the fit and proper test that the deal will collapse. That's what they'll do.