The Administration Thread

Boycie

10 minutes ago, angieram said:

The one thing all the email replies from Parry have in common are a complete arrogance of tone.

Does he not know how to speak to people?

Again in their defence Angie, it is becoming increasingly clear that the replies are now scripted. They are answering every reply which is good PR, but the team that are replying have probably 10 stock sentences which they can choose to use to answer the expected questions. I think given the volume of people emailing them, a fair % being less that courteous, random emailers can’t expect any more. Now RamsTrust ought to be able to get a more nicely worded response from the EFL, as our formal representative group, but so far since Thursday their silence has been golden.

15 minutes ago, Carnero said:

An excellent explanation of where we seem to be at, courtesy of Black & White Together:

https://www.dcfcbawt.org/post/efl-quantuma-s-position-here-s-bawt-s-ian-redfern-s-view

It is an excellent explanation, and very plausible. Also supporting my view expressed a week or two ago after Kirchner dipped out that Morris still has significant influence over the process, although one or two posters disagreed strongly with this assertion. Thanks for posting @Carnero

#properduckjob

2 minutes ago, i-Ram said:

Again in their defence Angie, it is becoming increasingly clear that the replies are now scripted. They are answering every reply which is good PR, but the team that are replying have probably 10 stock sentences which they can choose to use to answer the expected questions. I think given the volume of people emailing them, a fair % being less that courteous, random emailers can’t expect any more. Now RamsTrust ought to be able to get a more nicely worded response from the EFL, as our formal representative group, but so far since Thursday their silence has been golden.

It hasn't actually. They have been in touch with EFL and shared their reply to RT members and on Twitter. 

They have prepared an email template for fans to use with MPs and contacted the ones they can,  directly, sharing responses.

I haven't posted any of this on here because of the antagonism that people who aren't members show towards them whenever I do.

This board is not, some may be surprised to find out, the centre of the universe! 

I hope the tone of this reply matches that of those of Parry. 

28 minutes ago, i-Ram said:

It is an excellent explanation, and very plausible. Also supporting my view expressed a week or two ago after Kirchner dipped out that Morris still has significant influence over the process, although one or two posters disagreed strongly with this assertion. Thanks for posting @Carnero

#properduckjob

It still isn’t clear to me what would motivate Mel to provide an indemnity to the future prospective owner of the club protecting them from the legal claims of Boro and Wycombe!!!!!

Just now, Elwood P Dowd said:

It still isn’t clear to me what would motivate Mel to provide an indemnity to the future prospective owner of the club protecting them from the legal claims of Boro and Wycombe!!!!!

To help DCFC avoid liquidation which would leave him with a £20m debt secured on a white elephant football stadium with no team in it. 

27 minutes ago, angieram said:

It hasn't actually. They have been in touch with EFL and shared their reply to RT members and on Twitter. 

They have prepared an email template for fans to use with MPs and contacted the ones they can,  directly, sharing responses.

I haven't posted any of this on here because of the antagonism that people who aren't members show towards them whenever I do.

This board is not, some may be surprised to find out, the centre of the universe! 

This board may not be the centre of the Universe, But for some Derby County is, Fans are the lifeblood of their prefered football team, And message boards are the only way they have to express themselves or find information.

54 minutes ago, Carnero said:

An excellent explanation of where we seem to be at, courtesy of Black & White Together:

https://www.dcfcbawt.org/post/efl-quantuma-s-position-here-s-bawt-s-ian-redfern-s-view

Great article. Thanks for the link.

Please Mel - what do you say?

Redeem yourself in the eyes of the fans. Save the club that means so much to you.

27 minutes ago, angieram said:

You seem to have taken my reply as some kind of personal dig. It wasn’t, and sorry if that is how it might have felt. I don’t expect you of course to offer unpaid Secretarial support for RamsTrust. For fans who are not members of RT though, I would have thought some post on here as to the position and proposals might be rather useful from Jim Wheeler or one of his executive. I am often tempted to stay way from this board. Twitter I rejected as a medium for social discourse and idea sharing many years ago ?

13 minutes ago, Maharan said:

I agree, that is the best and most plausible explanation of the situation. 
cheers for sharing 

BAWTadmin: None of this is rocket science. It simply identifies where the blame for all of this sits and suggests that there is a simple way out of this. It just needs one person to show some humility and save the club, he allegedly supports!

None of it is necessarily true either.

Edited by RoyMac5

Surely the whole point of an official supporters group is it does everything within its powers to reach as many fans as possible?

If they don't have the thick skins required to ignore the knockers, and the ranters, they're probably not the sort of people who should put themselves forward for such roles.

A poor website and limited use of social media doesn't cut it.

6 minutes ago, Elwood P Dowd said:

To save just a little face, and rescue us from liquidation. He could just get one or two of his vociferous supporters back on board too.

We all have different interpretations of his taking the stadium under his wing, and a large number thought Uncle Mel was pulling a master stroke; ‘one of our own, protecting our stadium from the risk of asset strippers’ was an oft posted comment.   Well now we are down to about 16 days before we could lose our EFL membership, we are having to consider offers on some great young players who have been busting a gut for us fans this season, and he is still sitting behind the scenes apparently hoping he can recover a bit of money from the sale of ‘our’ stadium.

Time for action now Mel for the fans, not mealy mouthed words to a BBC correspondent.

7 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

None of it is necessarily true either.

Indeed, but it’s certainly more plausible than some of the other things being mentioned. 

as I’ve said many times though, I generally know poo all, so nobody should form an opinion based on what I say. 

1 minute ago, Maharan said:

Indeed, but it’s certainly more plausible than some of the other things being mentioned. 

as I’ve said many times though, I generally know poo all, so nobody should form an opinion based on what I say. 

I agree there is little concrete information out amongst the fans, but I still wonder about the 'against statute' bit from Admin. Difficult to see that being based around the scenario imagined by BAWT, but who knows.

50 minutes ago, angieram said:

I haven’t seen any reply from the EFL however I can assure anyone not in the RT that there is a lot of people doing there best to help Derby County. It’s all quite emotional.

Just now, RoyMac5 said:

I agree there is little concrete information out amongst the fans, but I still wonder about the 'against statute' bit from Admin. Difficult to see that being based around the scenario imagined by BAWT, but who knows.

Agreed, and to be honest, I don’t think the administration team’s statement was particularly well worded. Whether that’s intentional or a reflection of the situation is beyond me. 

I do wonder if there is confusion between what is necessary to exit administration from a legal perspective, and what is required to retain a place in the league according to EFL rules / terms and conditions. I just don’t know.