The Administration Thread

Boycie

2 hours ago, Coconut's Beard said:

Yes if you've pissed off your colleagues and slagged off the boss you might expect that you'll be on the end of a good kicking, with many turning a blind eye to to it.

You might also expect though that once you've been beaten to a pulp and left bleeding on the floor that the kicking stops and you're allowed to pick yourself up, try to pick up your scattered teeth and get yourself sorted out. You've had your punishment, fair enough.

That's where we're at. We're not asking for favours or for people to rush in and save us, just not to invent more ways to justify further attacks or to kick the chair we're using as support to get back on our feet out from under us.

Instead what's being allowed to happen is for two colleagues to decide we haven't been punished enough, refuse to let us get back on our feet but instead continue to mercilessly kick us in the head to the point where our death seems certain.

This is being overseen by the boss who's now just reeling off lines from the corporate handbook about how he's not allowed to get involved in employee disputes, meaning he can just sit back and enjoy watching you be kicked to death, not condoning his employees actions but, well you know, very much condoning them and being complicit in our extinction.

Eloquently put, I was giving my experiences in working within large multinationals and witnessesing this first hand trying to make the point this behaviour isn't singular to the EFL per se. 

Still not right though.  But not a  unique occurrence when this happens. 

@reluctantnicko

Derby. Admins blame EFL for Boro/Wycombe snag. EFL say bidder can sort the Boro/Wycombe snag. So why all the stupid denials about the Boro/Wycombe snag??

Who do you believe? Does anyone actually have Derby's best interests at heart or just happy to see us go into liquidation!

4 hours ago, Mucker1884 said:

Would that be Premier League Villa, who are not under EFL jurisdiction, haven't been charged with any EFL financial naughtiness, and ergo are not actually guilty of any wrongdoings as we currently stand?  Is that the Villa you refer to?

We'd be better off posting photo's of luxury Villas, passing them off as our own, and just pretending we have some dosh!   

What Boro are doing isn't under EFL jurisdiction. It through the civil process and the law states you can't be sued whilst in admin.

Villa broke the EFL rules in their promotion season, but having been promoted are beyond reach of the EFL.

1 minute ago, YouRams said:

@reluctantnicko

Derby. Admins blame EFL for Boro/Wycombe snag. EFL say bidder can sort the Boro/Wycombe snag. So why all the stupid denials about the Boro/Wycombe snag??

Who do you believe? Does anyone actually have Derby's best interests at heart or just happy to see us go into liquidation!

Stinks to me like the EFL are telling the admins one thing and the press another. 

Like they’re trying to paint the admins as incompetent 

8 minutes ago, Derbados said:

Stinks to me like the EFL are telling the admins one thing and the press another. 

It'll be similar to when they claimed we didn't apply for the covid loan. Technically what they're saying could be true but they're not stating all the caveats.

EFL say bidder can sort the Boro/Wycombe snag... as long as they do it an arbitration panel, which will take months.

Edited by Coconut's Beard

3 minutes ago, Derbados said:

There has to be an investigation into the EFL at some point, even Forest fans on social media are calling it wrong, just who and what has the power to start proceedings because at the minute they're being allowed to bully as they please.

52 minutes ago, Leeds Ram said:

So what do you make of the efl's reported letter to take away our league status on February 1st if we can't provide proof of funds for end of the season? 

Even if true It's an unenforceable and pointless threat. If you can't prove at short notice that you have funding to complete the fixtures we will make damned sure that actually you  don't complete the fixtures? How is that a sensible threat at all? 

And of course the Feb 1 deadline is significant as that is trying to force us to sell players, which is just proving that EFL is riven by conflicts of interest.. clubs like Stoke and Millwall trying to pick off our players for nowt or next to nowt. .   

And anyway, even if the club is banished from EFL it is not the end of the club. So no, Birmingham will not be our last home game.   

10 minutes ago, YouRams said:

@reluctantnicko

I think the bidders want the Boro claim sorted before they take over.

catch 22

5 minutes ago, Ramtastic ones said:

What Boro are doing isn't under EFL jurisdiction. It through the civil process and the law states you can't be sued whilst in admin.

Villa broke the EFL rules in their promotion season, but having been promoted are beyond reach of the EFL.

I wasn't referring to anything Boro related.  I was responding to a poster who made calls for DCFC to sue Villa.

How do you know what rules Villa broke in their promotion season?  Show me the link!  Show me the charges.  Show me the subsequent findings.  Show me the punishment they received.

Villa have broken no rules, from what I can see.  That would make it a tad awkward... and a tad more embarrassing...  for us to try to sue them, I'd imagine... as things stand!

1 hour ago, i-Ram said:

Obviously not sure how this will end up, but hopefully with the Government installing an independent regulator of Football, and the English Football League in general, and of course our Club surviving.

I have been more sympathetic than most to the EFL as to how they have behaved throughout this sorry story, as they have been more than less implementing the rules of the member clubs. Let’s, none of us, go back over all that again though. We are where we are, and that has all been debated and regurgitated to death.

Where I am now though is that the EFL has gone too far. When they made their decision on points deductions, embargoes, spending limits etc., that should have been the end of the matter. Middlesborough and Wycombe should have both been told the decision has been made, and no other actions by member clubs were allowed. They may actually have done that, but clearly they are still allowing those two tails to wag the dog, perhaps under some threat of counter claim otherwise against the EFL themselves. Who knows, but whatever it is it is clear that their rules are not fit for purpose. They certainly aren’t fit for Insolvency matters, because the EFL appear to be proposing that their member rules are superior to statute.

The next few days/weeks will be very interesting as to see what action might be taken against the EFL, by Administrators (under the power invested in them to complete their legal duties, rather than as Club representatives), by Creditors, by a preferred bidder, or even by a supporter/supporters group. Hopefully someone will fund an action through the Courts for injunctive relief to put a stop to the impasse. I wonder too whether Quantuma are now considering muddying the water further by making a claim against QPR, dragging them into the mix. After all any footballing claim for compensation does not have to be legally sound it seems to be heard, it just has to be within the scope of the EFL Rules (so no statute of limitations, etc). The EFL, and their interpretation of the rule book, are backing themselves into a corner on this, or being backed into a corner by Gibson in particular, and I think there is some advantage to us now, and football governance in general for the future, that there is little wriggle room for them left to manoeuvre without counter action by someone outside of the member Clubs. There is a significant amount of money at stake here, and I think shortly the EFL will have to blink when it goes to the next step. I think MSD might move first on this, for what worth.

I am resigned to tier 3 football next season, but I remain confident that there is a preferred bidder (hopefully Ashley who is a legal pit bull) who will save us from liquidation, and who will ultimately push us forward  in the right direction in the pyramid. What is important is that as part of the legal process against the EFL it has to be also made clear that any claims Boro and Wycombe want to make against the Club are made through the Courts not via a LAP arbitration. I am almost certain Gibson and Couhig would not try on their claim via a Court of Law, but what have they got to lose by going to a LAP? Vexatious, spineless Bamfords.

Oh my God I-ram I am now worried I am making a habit of agreeing with you, everything you say here.

And I agree we do not want to go over old ground of past stuff, but i do think in any legal action against EFL,   past actions by EFL (for example their selective briefing of press, misleading public statements  etc) will be important evidential stuff.

1 hour ago, Barrytheanon said:

I can confirm that they have sent a written letter/ statement to say they Will be expelled from the league if it isn’t sorted by feb 1, this isn’t just a threat but they also want us to get this takeover sorted so it’s a way of pushing for these prospective owners/vultures to put there money where there mouth is, yesterday was terrible news for everyone but it’s time for these businessmen to step up, if Boro and Wycombe have no case then they have nothing to worry about do they?

The EFL want those claims to be settled, not just accepted as valid and dealt with further down the line. No interested party will accept that they have to pay an extra £51M (with the potential for other clubs to claim later) to buy the club. Get real. 

8 minutes ago, YouRams said:

There has to be an investigation into the EFL at some point, even Forest fans on social media are calling it wrong, just who and what has the power to start proceedings because at the minute they're being allowed to bully as they please.

I think anyone has power potentially to start proceedings. Some of us are creditors of the club, whose interests are being damaged by EFL. We are all supporters of course, so all stakeholders in the club. Quantuma could take action against them and possibly Gibson and co, 

7 minutes ago, PistoldPete said:

Oh my God I-ram I am now worried I am making a habit of agreeing with you, everything you say here.

And I agree we do not want to go over old ground of past stuff, but i do think in any legal action against EFL,   past actions by EFL (for example their selective briefing of press, misleading public statements  etc) will be important evidential stuff.  

2A32E1F8-F260-46D4-A8DB-1FF2C44BF2FA.gif

24 minutes ago, YouRams said:

@reluctantnicko

I believe Quantuma who have issued a professionally worded statement yesterday rather than the EFL issuing selective spin to media hacks.  

21 minutes ago, PistoldPete said:

Even if true It's an unenforceable and pointless threat. If you can't prove at short notice that you have funding to complete the fixtures we will make damned sure that actually you  don't complete the fixtures? How is that a sensible threat at all? 

And of course the Feb 1 deadline is significant as that is trying to force us to sell players, which is just proving that EFL is riven by conflicts of interest.. clubs like Stoke and Millwall trying to pick off our players for nowt or next to nowt. .   

And anyway, even if the club is banished from EFL it is not the end of the club. So no, Birmingham will not be our last home game.   

How is it an unenforceable threat if they're the governing body of the league? I believe they've done this before with teams such as Macclesfield that have not shown financial viability whilst in administration for their remaining fixtures. The deadline they've reportedly given us could be significant for that reason, it could also be a way to signal to us of the need to raise funds via other avenues due to the deadlock they themselves have created. 

If the club is banished from the football league then surely the natural route would be a phoenix club i.e., a new iteration of Derby county starting from scratch outside the football league. 

11 minutes ago, PistoldPete said:

Anyone who wants to contact Rick Parry I think he  maybe available at:

rparry@efl.com

Keep it clean and no threats of violence or abuse please. 

Legal threats are however perfectly reasonable. 

46 minutes ago, Unlucky Alf said:

He's just a tool in the process, We're making a fist of staying in this division, The EFL WANT us relegated, They're using Boro/Wycombe as a pick axe handle to beat us into submission, Without their vexatious claims the EFL would have very very little wiggle room for our beating relegation.

But what the EFL are doing won't just relegate us, it will kill the entire club. How do they think it's possible in any way to sort out a £51m claim while we're in administration? They're must be someone at the EFL who has something personally against Derby, I can't think of any other reason why they'd do this.