The Administration Thread

Boycie

3 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

But if the Admin are confident they can secure funding to the end of the season then that's what we have to do. Unless Admin have the balls to stand up to the EFL, and as the have (hurrah!) 'called out the EFL' on this that's a possibilty.

I think that depends if the EFL have said that funding to the end of the season includes £45m for Boro. Bit tricky to secure that at short notice (as Boro and the EFL well know).

Edited by Indy

15 minutes ago, TheSlate said:

Am I reading this right? Quantuma saying EFL instruction is against the stated legal process?

9B7B5BB0-B544-44B6-91FD-F7918BC23003.jpeg

If this is the case, is this not the time the administrators ought to be making noises to the likes of Nigel Huddlestone,Tracey Crouch etc about the E.F.L and their actions

On a more positive note, 

"There are currently 3 parties who have made offers".

Not sure what that means .. does that include Kirchner who has made an offer but dropped out? Or currently there are three bidders in the hunt. Anyway , the three are Appleby, possibly Kirchner and who else? 

Edited by PistoldPete

Just now, PistoldPete said:

On a more positive note, 

Not sure what that means .. does that include Kirchner who has made an offer but dropped out? Or currently there are three bidder sin the hunt. Anyway , the three are Appleby, possibly Kirchner and who else? 

Kind of irrelevant at this stage Pete. Oddly, it's a minor detail. 

Just now, PistoldPete said:

On a more positive note, 

Not sure what that means .. does that include Kirchner who has made an offer but dropped out? Or currently there are three bidders in the hunt. Anyway , the three are Appleby, possibly Kirchner and who else? 

I’m assuming the fact it’s seemingly gone from 2 to 3 in the last few days, suggests that Ashley has joined Appleby and Gasby.

This needs to go to court. The EFL are either doing something unnecessary or maybe illegal. Here is why- What happens for example if other clubs want to sue Derby who lost to Derby under the three year period of finances looked at - Bristol lost to Derby and they could say they lost momentum and therefore a playoff place was unattainable or something similar. Or Sheffield Wednesday may want to bring a case for example...whatever millions. Its ridiculous. This would be an extension of this farcical situation. The outcome now looks like there could be no club soon unless the claims are dropped or this case is taken to a high court as the EFL may be operating illegally here blocking a takeover.

It's extremely concerning it's got to this point and I've got to say it's not looking good. If we're stuck in limbo then we could run out of money and time. Surely, it's time we reach out to fan groups and try to start mass protest movements at wycombe and boro to start putting some pressure on in their own backyard. Maybe look at legal avenues to go around the efl if necessary too. This really does have the feeling that this could kill the club. 

3 minutes ago, Gritstone Ram said:

Surely if Boro and Wycombe had won a tribunal then that would sit against us. 
The other thing is in the statement from the EFL it says they are having nothing to do with the clubs claims???

If EFL have nothing to do with the claims how are they are contradicting the admin teams interpretation of the law about those claims if its nothing to do with EFL?  

40 minutes ago, Rev said:

One possible reason I can think of.

They can see the shitshow heading footballs way through the forward reporting of clubs as required under P&S regulations. 

With Derby out of the picture, they can change the rules to head off multiple teams being docked points for non compliance. In fact, they could probably point to our demise as a reason the rules need adapting, to protect their member clubs.

Even if we're only relegated, rather than obliterated, we'll be under a different P&S regime in League One, with far less of a voice.

If we were somehow to survive in the Championship, they'd have no chance of changing anything, not without DCFC kicking up hell about it.

Surely the primary cause of our demise and potential liquidation is our overspending (along with a lot of help from Covid). If the EFL want to protect their member clubs from a similar fate then surely they'd somehow need to strengthen the rules not relax them. Therefore, why would Derby be kicking up hell about it? 

Our points deduction is an effect of our financial demise not a cause. Also, I wonder if you're over-estimating Derby's influence if you think our still being in the Championship means they'd have no chance of changing anything.

5 minutes ago, MACKWORTHRAM said:

So what the EFL are doing is against the law and their own rules?

Why can't we do anything about it?

I'm so confused with all of this.

Me too.  I'm at a loss.  Totally.  Feel so helpless. How, in this day an age can they get away with this.  From the Admin's statement they're clearly breaking the law. They've made this up purely to stop us progressing the deal, and also bringing in ANY of the players Rooney had agreed with Quantuma which would likely have further improved our chances of survival. The EFL are running what amounts to a dictatorship. 

There needs to be a clear legal and media campaign to put pressure on the EFL/Boro and Wycombe to stop acting unscrupulously and in the EFL's case possibly illegally. The national press have not said anything about the conduct of Gibson/EFL etc, only Mel Morris and Derby but there needs to be noise about this now otherwise there will be no more Derby County very soon. 

30 minutes ago, Rich84 said:

Makes there response to BAWT very questionable..... not involved in those claims but insist we have to resolve before selling.....

What was the response as now deleted I believe. Anything different from the Administrator's statement?