The Administration Thread

Boycie

12 minutes ago, MACKWORTHRAM said:

We've gone from thinking Jagielka is getting a new deal, thinking a preferred bidder would be announced and having players lined up to come in.

To losing Jagielka, no preferred bidder and a transfer embargo.

Absolutely disgraceful and we need answers.

We were signing Amad Diallo a few days back ? 

30 minutes ago, PistoldPete said:

The club is more attractive to bidders as a Championship club, (preferably without 21 points deducted, and preferably with players who are under contract on low wages being allowed to renew their contracts) being  more attractive if they keep their better players and are not forced to sell at fire sale prices, and more attractive if dodgy claims from other clubs are not elevated to "football creditor" status by the EFL.   

So yes, the EFL are stopping us from selling the club, as they have been doing for the last two years. 

No, the reason is we haven't been able to sell the club is because MM was asking too much and when that didn't happen we were in too much debt.

Mike Ashley is now the only route I can see out of this, and his interest isn't even concrete. 

I've been optimistic. Despite their poor relationship management I've had faith in the admins - I know how difficult these things can be - but I'm shocked by how bad things must be to go from 'we can sign players and we are about to renew PJ's contract' to an embargo in less than 24 hours...the position must have been a reasonable conclusion before heading in to that meeting?!

The behaviour of other clubs is going to force us over the edge and can now see us losing any valuable asset this month...of course, Curtis will be the last man standing.

1 hour ago, gccrowdpleaser said:

No way the contract is cancelled. Makes no sense at all..contracted until 17th Jan. Extension may not have been approved and fate may be wrong so therefore it has expired. There will not be a contract cancelled though.

He may have other offers that are being respected by WR

23 minutes ago, angieram said:

@Owen87ITK you have access to Wayne Rooney that the rest of us do not. You also have inside knowledge of the situation.

IF the actions of Middlesbrough and Wycombe - and the corresponding inaction by the EFL to end it - are the factors that are preventing a bidder coming forward and satisfying the Administrator, could you suggest that Wayne Rooney call that out to the national media.

If it came from Rooney himself, it would draw attention to this matter - and how the governing body and two clubs are seemingly conspiring to put one of the founding members of the Football League into liquidation.

It seems now that unless those actions by Boro and Wycombe are dropped, no one will purchase the club and we will be force out of business.

6 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

It will say  

‘we would like to reassure supporters that quantuma continues to make positive progress on discussions with all interested parties. We expect to within seconds, probably before finishing this sentence, name the preferred bidder. 

“Current reports in the media are wide of the mark, Phil jagielka won’t be playing tomorrow, in a bid to raise awareness of why transfer embargo’s are so important in our modern society. 

“we would also like to reassure fans that although you can see us at the garden party with boris, we were there only to celebrate the imminent naming of our preferred bidder. Not for a work party.” 

Edited by Ramos

11 minutes ago, Rich84 said:

Was just about to ask where @Owen87ITKis, we need an update, Sky sports news interrupted their headline running Djokovic news to state we in embargo again because of lack of funds.....

Right behind the administrators.... I'm struggling with that now, how can they give WR a positive vibe yesterday to us be back at square 1 today? 

@Owen87ITK

Having seen the responses on twitter to this there clearly has been a further development, in a sense I just hope it is the EFL changing stance on something, from Owen's responses he is defending the criticism of the admin team and suggests they are being honest with WR, and it is out of their control.

It just needs sorting quickly one way or another,  I think if we didn't have that glimmer of hope for survival in the Championship we all would look at it differently,  resigned to relegation and just focus on keeping the club going, but now we feel the survival rug is being pulled from under us.

I really hope WR stays positive and it is outside the club that anger needs to be directed as that gives us focus, if he is feeling undermined by the admins I'd expect his fight to diminish and that would surely filter down to the players.

2 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Statement will read along the lines of “We can confirm there are no changes since the last update, thank you” same again next week lads. 

I want Rooney to come on air tomorrow and tell us like it is.

Any fine he would receive for tarnishing the game (as if that's possible), he could afford no problem.

I want him to rip into the EFL. The greatest striker our country has ever produced, needs to tell the world of football what he thinks about men in suits who have never kicked a football in anger targeting one of the founding members of the football league.