The Administration Thread

Boycie

2 minutes ago, LazloW said:

Pardon me for my ignorance ( and not reading 110+ pages in massive detail) but I assume that there is a big difference between naming a preferred bidder and actually coming out of administration? Obvs it would be positive news, but doesn't necessarily end the pain?

I'm ignorant. 

But I'm thinking it's like going to speed dating 3 or 4 times and leaving empty handed.. then finally coming home with a phone number and a date to meet up...you're not in bed together but you're definitely washing your bits.....

Edited by Chester40

4 hours ago, Coconut's Beard said:

I'm not saying their case has any merit, buuuut...

Remind me of our league results vs Leeds in the Lampard season?

We lost dreadfully and leeds who would have won the playoffs but they played the best team in the play offs on the night and we destroyed them - UTR - Middlesbrough would have had to put leeds to sleep to even Register a shot. Keep it real 

1 minute ago, LazloW said:

Pardon me for my ignorance ( and not reading 110+ pages in massive detail) but I assume that there is a big difference between naming a preferred bidder and actually coming out of administration? Obvs it would be positive news, but doesn't necessarily end the pain?

I believe (I may be incorrect as I too haven't managed to keep up with this thread much) that once a preferred bidder is announced he essentially takes over as almost an interim owner so to speak. He'll make decisions over stuff to do with the football club whilst the administrators continue negotiations with the creditors, EFL, Mel etc. for non football related matters. And if I'm not mistaken he will then also help fund the club's running costs until the takeover is fully complete. So once one is announced it should ease the worries of liquidation for longer and should also make it much less likely we'll lose players for cheap. 

5 minutes ago, LazloW said:

Completely agree. But hopefully the admins have found a way to exit despite Gibson’s antics. Their PB announcement should make that clear. If they announce PB without sorting Gibson, it is a half step only.  

51 minutes ago, Derbados said:

Do you think Wayne checks with the admins before he gives these deadlines at press conferences? 

I somehow think the 2 are not aligned and the admins are now banging their heads against the wall. 

I’m sure by now after how open he has been in all his pressers that they’d have told him to shut it if they wanted him to.

Or he’s just an absolute rogue and that makes him so HOT. 

5 minutes ago, LazloW said:

You're right, naming a preferred bidder isn't coming out of administration.

It means that bid has won over the others (but a deal hasn't been completed), and in context of "discussion with EFL" means the bid is likely to address their concerns, so giving a relatively clear path forward.

Essentially if the EFL were to say "we don't like this for X reason" the administrators go back to the bidders and say "can you change your offer to meet X?" - it's a round a round of trying to do a deal that doesn't cause extra problems.

But of course, until the deal is done, things could always go wrong.

1 hour ago, Gaspode said:

But it makes sense to only select a preferred bidder that the EFL will be 'happy' with - it would waste even more time if they picked someone who the EFL deemed to be unfit and they had to restart the process...and as has been suggested by others, the EFL has to agree the business plan when we come out of admin - the admins and preferred bidder have probably been trying to thrash somehting out that they expect the EFL to agree to. The more open they are with the EFL and the more they can agree up front, the smoother the purchase and exit from admin....

If it’s a choice between Appleby or Ashley how could Efl rule either to be unfit when they’ve both been owners before?

Should be a non issue.