The Administration Thread

Boycie

11 minutes ago, TheSlate said:

The 45m claim is not accurate. Fabricated. 

But the Administrator of the FMTTM Boro Fans Forum said that Gibson phoned him and told him how he arrived at the figure apparently (Direct quote below) :

"He also told me how he arrived at £45m. It makes total sense - I can tell anyone that asks me privately but is based on an average value of the worth of promotion to the Premier but also divided by the bookies odds if we made the play offs and not Derby." 

Obviously, it doesn't make sense, not least because they'd have spent a fair proportion of it on new signings and higher wages, but it does appear that the figure is the one Boro have included in their claim, unless the FMTTM admin is a complete liar? 

Read that Twitter feed from Football Insights. Nothing to see here, just a re-hash of old speculation from Nixon and Percy, he even seems to have been questioned on diallo and responded with “sorry I’m not following it closely”

We should only pay attention to BAWT updates, Quantuma updates and Rooney updates. The last ones were positive, if the next ones are not then we should be more concerned.

This really seems to be dragging on. Still got a feeling that Ashley is waiting for us to be buried alive before swooping in but I’d say the bag of top soil has just been opened. So any time when you’re ready Mike.

The most ironic thing about this season is that it’s been quite enjoyable on the pitch/match days and yet off it we’re hurtling towards a black hole. 

How quite one man has managed to do this much damage I don’t know. I reckon trigger from only fools and horses would’ve left us in a better state than Mel. 

3 minutes ago, BramcoteRam84 said:

We should only pay attention to BAWT updates, Quantuma updates and Rooney updates. The last ones were positive, if the next ones are not then we should be more concerned.

Lets see if preferred bidder actually gets announced by tomorrow...Personally, I don't think it will, as Quantuma have shown multiple times they can't stick to their own deadlines

1 hour ago, i-Ram said:

No problem you posting that Kevin. My opinion and judgement of Morris has served me very well over the last 5 years thank you. I will be pleasantly surprised (but delighted) if he does the right thing to end his tenure, which means gifting the stadium back to the Club and/or its supporters.

MM might yet save the day : I think it’s just about possible for the admins to structure around the Gibson problem if MM agrees to cover the costs of the proceedings. And if the worst happens and we face liquidation, there’s a chance he might step in to avoid the final ignominy. As you say, we’ll see

But your narrative suggests the stadium sale was some sort of scheme to give MM leverage. No, it was part of a scheme to get us promoted 

Anyway, consider this - it may (also) be MSD that is pushing for an allocation of at least £20m to the stadium. Because they may be relying on that valuation to ensure they are paid out in full. There aren’t many fixed assets elsewhere ... 

24 minutes ago, Crewton said:

But the Administrator of the FMTTM Boro Fans Forum said that Gibson phoned him and told him how he arrived at the figure apparently (Direct quote below) :

"He also told me how he arrived at £45m. It makes total sense - I can tell anyone that asks me privately but is based on an average value of the worth of promotion to the Premier but also divided by the bookies odds if we made the play offs and not Derby." 

Obviously, it doesn't make sense, not least because they'd have spent a fair proportion of it on new signings and higher wages, but it does appear that the figure is the one Boro have included in their claim, unless the FMTTM admin is a complete liar? 

I think I should charge Netherlands footballl team as I would've betted them to win 2002 World Championship but they didn't make to the competition!

Still pissed, I would've won trillions.

36 minutes ago, Crewton said:

And anything they didn’t spend on players wages and new signings would have been a taxable profit.

38 minutes ago, BramcoteRam84 said:

Read that Twitter feed from Football Insights. Nothing to see here, just a re-hash of old speculation from Nixon and Percy, he even seems to have been questioned on diallo and responded with “sorry I’m not following it closely”

Do not listen to enemy propaganda!

spacer.png

28 minutes ago, Crewton said:

There are lots of reasons i have a problem with Boro's fabricated claim, but a key one is that they reckoned they were good enough as team to get promoted via the play offs in the 2018-19 season.

They missed out to Derby by one point.

Boro were not good enough that season to beat Aston Villa, West Brom or Leeds.

Aston villa beat Boro 3-0 on both games that season.

In my opinion Villa would have easily beaten Boro in the play offs, so they wouldn't been promoted.

And of course by Boro raising this argument, any team that just missed out on the play offs could go back and make a nonsense claim about them being the team that missed out on promotion and should therefore receive millions from the team that stole their place in the play offs.

In the 2014/15 season Wolves missed out to Ipswich on goal difference, but Wolves were level on points to Ipswich, under Boros mentality, shouldnt wolves receive 50 million for decisions that went against them during the season. Decisions which meant that they didnt get enough goals to be promoted via the playoffs.

9 minutes ago, kevinhectoring said:

MM might yet save the day : I think it’s just about possible for the admins to structure around the Gibson problem if MM agrees to cover the costs of the proceedings. And if the worst happens and we face liquidation, there’s a chance he might step in to avoid the final ignominy. As you say, we’ll see.

But your narrative suggests the stadium sale was some sort of scheme to give MM leverage. No, it was part of a scheme to get us promoted 

Anyway, consider this - it may (also) be MSD that is pushing for an allocation of at least £20m to the stadium. Because they may be relying on that valuation to ensure they are paid out in full. There aren’t many fixed assets elsewhere ... 

Para 1). Agree, he might step in and do the right thing, but he should get no credit for 'saving the day'.

Para 2). I think you are wrong regarding my narrative. The stadium sale was a panic move necessitated by losing complete control of the football finances - paying the likes of Shackell, Martin, Johnson, Butterfield, Huddlestone, Weimann, Carson, Blackman, etc., etc., £20K+ salaries per week in the hope that the variety of managers he appointed, with diametrically opposed tactical knowhow on each change, would somehow conjure up a magic mix to get him/us into the Premier League. The nearest we got to being promoted under Morris was when he had only paid an advance to GSE for a minority shareholding stake.

Para 3). My mind is not closed to MSD and the Administrators cutting a deal any way they can. I am sure MSD will be happy to get out asap, despite their 9% annual return on capital. I hope they do. I hope we have a Club and Stadium thereafter. I know we are both agreed on that.

13 minutes ago, Oldben said:

There are lots of reasons i have a problem with Boro's fabricated claim, but a key one is that they reckoned they were good enough as team to get promoted via the play offs in the 2018-19 season.

In my opinion Villa would have easily beaten Boro in the play offs, so they wouldn't been promoted.

And of course by Boro raising this argument, any team that just missed out on the play offs could go back and make a nonsense claim about them being the team that missed out on promotion and should therefore receive millions from the team that stole their place in the play offs.

In the 2014/15 season Wolves missed out to Ipswich on goal difference, but Wolves were level on points to Ipswich, under Boros mentality, shouldnt wolves receive 50 million for decisions that went against them during the season. Decisions which meant that they didnt get enough goals to be promoted via the playoffs.

For me the only thing Boro could possible claim for is the loss of revenue in hosting a post season home play off game, that is the only thing they could genuinely guarantee if Derby had been deducted points. Any other claim for compensation is pure flights of fantasy.

26 minutes ago, Oldben said:

… here’s a thought… perhaps Gibson is using us as a test case.

If successful against us, a precedent would have been set and  he may then be able to bring a case against Villa too…

1 minute ago, HectorsHouse said:

… here’s a thought… perhaps Gibson is using us as a test case.

If successful against us, a precedent would have been set and  he may then be able to bring a case against Villa too…

Villa deserved promotion, thrashed boro, twice during that season.

I don't think the Derby team was that great thar season, so who were these players that were so great, we wouldn't have beaten Derby if we hadn't had those players in our squad.

Isn't that a thing boro are building there case on, that due to amortisation, we had a better team than they did, which boro feels is unfair.

2 hours ago, Carl Sagan said:

It's been said before, but the expectations management by the admins and by Rooney has been terrible. Many weeks ago (and ever since) it was all "imminent" but nothing has transpired. We have a hard deadline approaching of the end of the transfer window, after which there is no opportunity to bolster revenues through player sales to keep the club in existence. It seems highly unlikely there's enough in the pot to keep trading through until the summer window reopens and most of our players will be out of contract then anyway, thanks to the EFL ensuring that was the case.

Today I'm deeply pessimistic. It feels as if we're running out of road. 

Don't overlook the need to submit all accounts up to and including the 19/20 season to the EFL by the end of the month

1 hour ago, Crewton said:

In their last season in the PL they made a £11.5m profit in the accounts. Using Gibsonomics (4 teams in playoffs so they had a 25% chance of going up), that equates to £2.875m. However, using the real probability of the going up via the playoffs (beating Leeds over 2 legs and Villa in the Final) it actually equates to £0.