The Administration Thread

Boycie

15 minutes ago, QuitYourJibbaJivin said:

It appears that Percy is doing the classic "don't blame the messenger", thing is though, his headline says. "turning down player bids despite being in administration", that's when it turns in to an opinion piece.

Edited by angieram
Remove personal insults

7 minutes ago, hintonsboots said:

The most startling thing in the Percy tweet, is that Steve Gibson has morals.???????????????

No, it was a question, 'Moral issue for Steve Gibson'? Now as Gibson has no morals, the answer is obviously no. 

Edited by RoyMac5

11 minutes ago, Mihangel said:

It appears that Percy is doing the classic "don't blame the messenger", thing is though, his headline says. "turning down player bids despite being in administration", that's when it turns in to an opinion piece.

I don't believe they're anything about being in administration that compels the administrators to accept bids for players. It's usually that case because the funds are needed to keep things going whilst a rescue is attempted but it's not an obligation, especially if the administrators have been given access to funds (there was mention of borrowing further funds earler in the thread).

SO we've got "it's not fiar Derby didn't sell their good players for nothing like wot should've happened"

Seriously.

Unless there;s some sort of agreement in place with the EFL saying we sell to the first bid on a player, but surely that'd be confidential between DCFC and the EFL if so, and we can expect Mr. Gibson to bat for us on that one after his legal oddessy vs Liverpool over confidential contract clauses.

Edited by angieram

4 minutes ago, Rambalin said:

If I were the Admin I would just say sod it... sell it to Ashley clear the hmrc then tell the EFL, Gibson et Al to deal with him and see how far they get. 

I think that's what Ashley may be wanting - but the other article that was linked suggests if we do that, we will start the next season on - 15.

We might yet end up there tho. 

11 minutes ago, Rambalin said:

If I were the Admin I would just say sod it... sell it to Ashley clear the hmrc then tell the EFL, Gibson et Al to deal with him and see how far they get. 

Exactly…we don’t owe them anything…just an amount Gibson has plucked out of the air. Ignore them, get the sale done and see them in court if they think they have a case….

1 hour ago, Van der MoodHoover said:

Hyperinflation... Should have been nearly 10 to a penny. 

Old grandpa MoodHoover was right.... Decimalisation was a sinister plot to shaft the little man. 

To the barricades! ?

That’s right. 1 old penny was worth several hundred “new pennies”. And it was big - several inches in diameter. You could not fit 1d (that’s 1 old penny) in your pocket. In fact, they used to make bicycle wheels out of ‘em hence penny farthing. ?

I think the worst thing about this whole debacle is that the club we all support is a sitting duck for any Tom, Dick or Percy to sling mud in our direction.

We’re fair game to the hordes of click bait websites, rent-a-quote ‘experts’ and even some respected media outlets too. Feels like we just have to lie in the gutter and take the daily kickings.

One day it will be resolved. Then another club will be the punch bag and we can get back to being football supporters once again. 

Edited by StarterForTen

2 minutes ago, Ellafella said:

That’s right. 1 old penny was worth several hundred “new pennies”. And it was big - several inches in diameter. You could not fit 1d (that’s 1 old penny) in your pocket. In fact, they used to make bicycle wheels out of ‘em hence penny farthing. ?

Ah the farthing. Proper coin. Had a Robin on it. Or a wren. 

That and the threepenny bit. 

Should go back to the old Lsd system. Much more fun..... ?

2 minutes ago, Jimbo Ram said:

Exactly…we don’t owe them anything…just an amount Gibson has plucked out of the air. Ignore them, get the sale done and see them in court if they think they have a case….

I get the impression that Mr Ashley doesn't mind the odd day in court. Possibly enjoys the sport ?? 

6 minutes ago, Ellafella said:

You do write some thruppeny bit ?