The Administration Thread

Boycie

Unfortunately this just seems another chapter in the EFL’s incompetence. You can see why we wanted to break away from the football league all together a few years ago.

They claim to be protecting the football league structure but they have driven many clubs to the brink of oblivion. I fear we may be the next. 

duck the EFL - chant it loud and proud 

10 minutes ago, Elwood P Dowd said:

Your missing the point which is to impose rules, regulations or conditions you have to have ether an agreement in place between the two parties or authority to impose the regulations unilaterally.

I certainly am, because we only know the small amounts of the admins are telling us or whatever snippets that might be semi reliable from journos. I'm summarizing from Nixon's implication, that is all. 

40 minutes ago, PistoldPete said:

Under a restructuring arrangement a Court can define the classes of creditors. So a court could maybe decide to create  a class of creditor as you say " contingent creditor".  And if they don't agree to a settlement the Court has the power to  force them to agree to one.

You might still have an issue with EFL. As EFL want "football creditors " settled at 100%. But again it isn't clear if they would class as football creditors, ranking above HMRC and trade creditors. If so just how scummy are Gibson and Couhig to try and muscle in ahead of them? . 

Doesn’t matter if they are football creditors. If the claim  succeeds they need at least 25%. But the amount is at the moment  unquantified so you don’t know how much that is, so you can’t structure a sale 

10 minutes ago, LeedsRam1999 said:

Unfortunately this just seems another chapter in the EFL’s incompetence. You can see why we wanted to break away from the football league all together a few years ago.

They claim to be protecting the football league structure but they have driven many clubs to the brink of oblivion. I fear we may be the next. 

duck the EFL - chant it loud and proud 

Protecting their own interests you mean !

5 minutes ago, kevinhectoring said:

Doesn’t matter if they are football creditors. If the claim  succeeds they need at least 25%. But the amount is at the moment  unquantified so you don’t know how much that is, so you can’t structure a sale 

Ok it's messy. The 25% is EFL requirement again. If they don't get that then it's a 15 point deduction or something. But I don't see any reason why a buyer cannot take on a contingent liability.    

The current owner could indemnify the new owners against any costs arising from these claims, but don't hold your breath. 

The only way that these claims can become legitimate debts owed by the company in Administration is through admission by the Administrators or through a Court Order. 

If the EFL are telling either or both sides that they consider these claims to be legitimate debts owed to Football Creditors, they are exceeding any legal authority that they possess IMHO. 

1 hour ago, Sparkle said:

I would like to see some examples of this?

I've had a look there are comments like this

"I hope I’m wrong but this therefore seems like a very deliberate tactic designed to leverage. The case has little legal merit and the chances of getting any real money even if we’re successful seems slim leading as it would to an administration.

Maximum leverage at the most vulnerable time. Not the way I would really like our football club to behave."

Which if faily supportive but the response was

"Adi - I suggest you ask Steve Gibson about the (recent) Derby tactics towards the football club and himself. It might shine a very different light on it for you.
(I don't think I am able to post it on here)."

It seems he has a recent gripe ( against the admins?), but isn't making it public. Sounds like spiteful ******** to keep his own fans onside. 

5 minutes ago, kevinhectoring said:

Completely agree. If say Ashley agreed to take on the claim, that solves the problem. 

No idea how all of this works legally, but surely anyone agreeing to take on the claim would have to be happy with taking on the risk of paying something like £46m more on top of their original price in the near future.

11 minutes ago, richinspain said:

No idea how all of this works legally, but surely anyone agreeing to take on the claim would have to be happy with taking on the risk of paying something like £46m more on top of their original price in the near future.

Yes of course. Most buyers would not do it. But Ashley is a bruiser and may well feel he can get Gibson to call off the dogs 

7 minutes ago, kevinhectoring said:

Yes of course. Most buyers would not do it. But Ashley is a bruiser and may well feel he can get Gibson to call off the dogs 

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-10382697/amp/Former-Newcastle-owner-Mike-Ashley-opens-legal-action-against-Amanda-Staveley.html

But it depends how much he wants to take on 

Edited by Curtains
Added

2 hours ago, Wignall12 said:

Protecting their own interests you mean !

There is the irony. When the EFL received millions of pounds in fines from QPR after their 2014 breach of FFP how much went to the main injured party? Ie DCFC. 
yep zero. The EFL kept the lot. 

Edited by angieram
Remove libel

18 minutes ago, Crewton said:

TBF, when most of the owners are rapacious greed-mongers, it's hardly surprising.

A. Stavely can be as hard as M. Ashley, She brokered the Barclays bank deal of £10 billion when the banks went Pop, I do believe she took Barclays to the high court for monies owed...pretty sure she lost.

Aint it awfull being minted ?‍♂️

45 minutes ago, Unlucky Alf said:

A. Stavely can be as hard as M. Ashley, She brokered the Barclays bank deal of £10 billion when the banks went Pop, I do believe she took Barclays to the high court for monies owed...pretty sure she lost.

Aint it awfull being minted ?‍♂️

Didn't she borrow the money to buy her stake in Newcastle from Mike Ashley's company?