Will Derby cash in on Bird and Knight

Curtains

I would say sell in the summer for good money to invest in the team. A startling sign if you look at the table on predicted goals and we are bottom. We need to add more goals to our team and not just try and add a centre forward and rely on them. We need to add wiseman who can add goals and ideally a midfielder for goals loke Bryson did for us. 

9D50FA1E-7A3A-46AF-883B-333A917EB5F9.png

11 minutes ago, Barney1991 said:

I would say sell in the summer for good money to invest in the team. A startling sign if you look at the table on predicted goals and we are bottom. We need to add more goals to our team and not just try and add a centre forward and rely on them. We need to add wiseman who can add goals and ideally a midfielder for goals loke Bryson did for us. 

Barney. Sorry buddy, I just don’t think you are getting it. Selling players at an optimum time for Club is no longer in our gift. We need someone to buy the club soon, otherwise I think it inevitable that come mid-January that if no compromise with HMRC and other creditors has been agreed, to the satisfaction of a potential purchaser, everyone on our playing staff will be made available for sale, and they won’t be being sold at prices that you or I would consider reasonable.

4 hours ago, i-Ram said:

I fear the same too Angie. I like a few others inc @Revthink HMRC are unlikely to cave easily. They have no particular interest in future tax revenue streams as argued by @PistoldPetethat is the business of the Exchequer. The Revenue’s role is to collect tax that is due. Given this is a test case for their new powers they will want to make their mark on football clubs, and we unfortunately are the first without a chair when the music stopped. Unless a buyer is prepared to pay well above the odds in the next month or so, and perhaps someone might be to retain the nucleus of our younger first team members and so there there remains some merit in retaining the Academy, it is a great concern to me that a number of players will be sold (or released) in January to reduce operating costs and make some token contribution to reducing tax liabilities.

The revenues job is to collect taxes due . And what if they can’t ? There must be process for them to collect as much as they can. 

6 minutes ago, i-Ram said:

Barney. Sorry buddy, I just don’t think you are getting it. Selling players at an optimum time for Club is no longer in our gift. We need someone to buy the club soon, otherwise I think it inevitable that come mid-January that if no compromise with HMRC and other creditors has been agreed, to the satisfaction of a potential purchaser, everyone on our playing staff will be made available for sale, and they won’t be being sold at prices that you or I would consider reasonable.

True. Everyone will have a price. Search for a buyer has been going on years. Mel Morris and Pearce have made this club really unattractive for any purchaser. 

1 hour ago, i-Ram said:

I more meant it we can find a buyer and do not have to sell in the jan window. Just hope we can hold on to a few of them. And sell Lawrence and I would even get jozwiak gone. Funny ain’t it Morris banged on about the academy making up the first team and because of his and Pearce idiotic choices we will now sell his dream academy players for a pittance 

Edited by Barney1991

4 minutes ago, Barney1991 said:

I more meant it we can find a buyer and do r have to sell in the jam window. Just hope we can hold on to a few of them. And sell Lawrence and I would even get jozwiak gone. Funny ain’t it Morris banged on about the academy making up the first team and because of his and Pearce idiotic choices we will now sell his dream academy players for a pittance 

Hopefully some one will conserve us before the close of the jam window. 

1 hour ago, Barney1991 said:

Just to be pedantic...We have the joint 22nd xGF - level with Swansea and above Peterborough

1 minute ago, Jubbs said:

Quantuma said a couple of weeks ago they've turned down bids for players, yet Rooney said today as far as he's aware they've had no bids. Who's telling porkies? Or are they just not communicating?

Think Rooney has made it clear he's not looking to sell right now, what with the squad so threadbare, it's possible that bids have been submitted but Quantuma have simply not entertained them. That would be a small positive right now, if so.