Will Derby cash in on Bird and Knight

Curtains

1 hour ago, Ravabeerbelly said:

This isnt my opinion btw these are the facts and have been reported as such. 

The balance sheet is worthless as it stands. The secured debt outweighs potential balance sheet because that’s all a player is….it’s like saying you have half a million just because an estate agent valued your house at £500k…..

The HMRC debt is the stumbling block and thats approx £27 mill isn’t it? 

The asset is the football club and the fanbase and the future in come that generates!!! If someone said you can’t ever sign another player again I’d agree with you but players are simply a product that is worth cash….it’s like the fixtures and fittings in your house…the house is crap without them but not worthless!!

Keeping the players to sell later when they’re worth more (how is that even possible?) is pointless if on the meantime the business goes down the pan cos it can’t function!!! The priority right now is securing the future of the club not the future of the match results.

My thoughts are structured by the thoughts of an article from the plymouth argyle manager, who in my opinion is knowledgeable enough and a proven success at League One level.

He's highly likely to get plymouth promoted this season, more than that he says why in League one a team needs to pay above the odds for the best players and why that's critical to success.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.plymouthherald.co.uk/sport/football/building-promotion-winning-plymouth-argyle-5292764.amp

Backing up that thought, who spends millions buying a football that's in trouble and then spends nothing on rebuilding the team.

5 minutes ago, i-Ram said:

Kelle Roos £14k p.w. ?  That kind of money must slip through his fingers.

Haha. Mind you £12 million total wage bill. It was £47 million in 2017/18. Someone tell Kieran Maguire he still thinks we went bust due to wage bill trebling from 2014 to 2018.

1 hour ago, sage said:

Because Bird, Buchanan and Sibley are on artificially low wages for their experience and ability. Bird is on around £1500 a week, what do you think we would get for that? 

Ah i see. Apologies - i misunderstood your post. You want to replace them with similar quality players. If that is the case then yes it would cost more to get replacements, but i do not believe that is what we will do if we do sell them.

Depends what our agreement with the EFL specifies, but i'd expect youth players to just step up or super cheap replacements to join us for free if we sell anyone. Don't think we'll paying any new player much more than £1500 per week if we're in league 1. 

9 minutes ago, Oldben said:

Backing up that thought, who spends millions buying a football that's in trouble and then spends nothing on rebuilding the team.

As it stands we have nobody willing to do just that.

Any future investment will also depend heavily on what the efl decide to allow us to do.

15 minutes ago, Oldben said:

My thoughts are structured by the thoughts of an article from the plymouth argyle manager, who in my opinion is knowledgeable enough and a proven success at League One level.

He's highly likely to get plymouth promoted this season, more than that he says why in League one a team needs to pay above the odds for the best players and why that's critical to success.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.plymouthherald.co.uk/sport/football/building-promotion-winning-plymouth-argyle-5292764.amp

Completely agree with you. So you’re point is? You think I was suggesting not reinvesting in the team in the future? Or you think investing in it now over or instead of saving the future of the club is a good idea? 

21 minutes ago, Oldben said:

I’ve always been very much in the school of thought to reach any league you need players from the league you are trying to get into…..

To get promoted into the Championship you need to play in league 1 with Championship quality players. Likewise if you are in the Champ and try and use league 1 quality it’s more than likely that’s where you’ll end up…

3 minutes ago, PistoldPete said:

Well we will not reduce the debt much from £56 million in two years unless HMRC takes a big haircut or someone buys us. 

As I’ve said, we dont need to be rid of the debt it just needs to reach a level where the secured debt is less than the value of the asset….