Will Derby cash in on Bird and Knight

Curtains

Seems likely according to article in the Athletic

”The administrators’ initial hope was that Derby would have found a new owner before the January transfer window. Their prediction has now been extended to the end of January at the earliest, meaning that, to prevent the club from suffering a grave fate, Derby will almost certainly have to sell players.”

The implication is that we have other midfielders coming through and if their sale could let the club survive it would be a good thing. 

Edited by Curtains
Added

23 minutes ago, Curtains said:

”The administrators’ initial hope was that Derby would have found a new owner before the January transfer window. Their prediction has now been extended to the end of January at the earliest, meaning that, to prevent the club from suffering a grave fate, Derby will almost certainly have to sell players.”

The implication is that we have other midfielders coming through and if their sale could let the club survive it would be a good thing. 

It was always likely Derby would be selling palyers or letting some go in January, especially as we are headed for League 1. Has anything changed? 

I think the gravity of the situation is starting to become very apparent.

Clearly the HMRC aren't playing ball, Kirchner grows frustrated and I would imagine will eventually tail off.

Our survival hinges on the possibility of selling anyone we can get a few quid for to try and bring the tax debt down.

We need to hope and pray we got a decent price each of Knight, Bird, Buchanan and Sibley.

You'd have to think anyone who attracts an offer that is near/beyond their value will be off sadly.

Those heading to the end of their contracts should be actively shopped to recoup money, as they aren't going to stick around for next season.  More debt that can be paid off now helps with attracting a new buyer that doesn't have to fork out themselves.

Have to think even considering the circumstances, Knight would earn in excess of £5m.  Suspect Jozwiak would want out.  Then there's Bird, Buchanan & Sibley who I think teams would be in on for sure.

What happens with Bielik?  We allegedly owe £8m for him, and it has to be paid.  If a club would buy him, which saves huge wages, I think they probably have to do it, it at least cuts the monies owed going forwards.

Be interesting to know the way in which the admin manage this situation.  Wigan had a fire sale didn't they?  They had loads of really talented academy lads like Geldhart, Weir, Devine that all went for peanuts.  Then Robinson went for £2m, Williams for about £1m, Kipre similar, Jamal Lowe 800k.  

I think it's inevitable we will lose considerable amount of players in January. 

Tom Lawrence, Louie Sibley, Max Bird, Lee Buchanan, Jason Knight, Graeme Shinnie, Nathan Byrne & Kelle Roos are all likely to leave. I would also have to imagine Jozwiak would be another likely to be sold, along with Bielik although I'm not 100% sure on his fitness level at the moment. 

Who knows with the likes of Ebosele and Liam Thompson. They may have done enough to get a move too. 

In some respect, I hope that these players do get out and get a chance to play for a club not absolutely riddled with disease. It would be remiss of me as a Derby fan not to want them to all do well in their career. Although, saying that, it would be sickening to see clubs with fans who have reveled in our misery be beneficiaries of these sales, but what can we do.  

No doubt other clubs are watching things very closely,the players agents will also want what is best for their players,probably touting them round to other clubs already since it has been revealed things have been pushed back until the end of Jan. There is very little loyalty in football anymore,if any, anyone who thinks Knight etc. will be here next season may be dreaming.

Just now, atherstoneram said:

No doubt other clubs are watching things very closely,the players agents will also want what is best for their players,probably touting them round to other clubs already since it has been revealed things have been pushed back until the end of Jan. There is very little loyalty in football anymore,if any, anyone who thinks Knight etc. will be here next season may be dreaming.

So a dream about what 'may' happen. How unusual.

52 minutes ago, Curtains said:

So because the sale will take a couple of weeks longer than expected we'll now face a fire sale?

No doubt some players, notably Lawrence, will be sold to reduce costs, but that was always going to be the case.

22 minutes ago, SBW said:

Have to think even considering the circumstances, Knight would earn in excess of £5m.

I think we'll be lucky to get anything close to that. If (come January) we need say £1m by next week to keep the lights on, and other clubs know that, they aren't going to come in and offer 5x that.

6 minutes ago, sage said:

Did you mean to put a question mark on the end of the thread title?

Err maybe I should but I think the word WILL is sufficient 

The Athletic article is on about contracts running out but luckily we can extend Buchanan.

Saying players like Bird and Knight are not League 1 players as are too good. 

Edited by Curtains
Altered

4 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

So because the sale will take a couple of weeks longer than expected we'll now face a fire sale?

No doubt some players, notably Lawrence, will be sold to reduce costs, but that was always going to be the case.

Lawrence is out of contract end of season so we won’t get much for him. 

4 minutes ago, Curtains said:

Err maybe I should.   

The Athletic article is on about contracts running out but luckily we can extend Buchanan.

Saying players like Bird and Knight are not League 1 players as are too good. 

If they are too good we would have more points

5 minutes ago, duncanjwitham said:

I think we'll be lucky to get anything close to that. If (come January) we need say £1m by next week to keep the lights on, and other clubs know that, they aren't going to come in and offer 5x that.

We’ve just secured more funding from Msd. There shouldn’t be a need for a fire sale. If we get a decent offer then fine we have to be sensible. Otherwise I think we have to manage our costs downwards get rid of Marshall maybe fo deals on bielik and jozwiak .