Will Derby cash in on Bird and Knight

Curtains

37 minutes ago, Tamworthram said:

True but it still essentially restricts the amount you can pay in players wages albeit collectively rather than individually. Therefore, even if they wanted to, a new owner can’t just splash the cash.

As I say it’s been in place a while and I’m not sure it’s been that restrictive for several clubs. As always there are loopholes and a club like Derbys turnover is going to far exceed most of its rivals in League 1

Don't forget the P&S restraints on the club. With our P&S record being 'wiped clean', it means our P&S loss for this season cannot exceed £13m, and the total for this season and next cannot exceed £26m.

With Jozwiak and Bielik currently having estimated book values of £2.5m and £5m respectively, it's unlikely we can sell either for less than that without selling someone else to make up the shortfall.

4 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

Don't forget the P&S restraints on the club. With our P&S record being 'wiped clean', it means our P&S loss for this season cannot exceed £13m, and the total for this season and next cannot exceed £26m.

With Jozwiak and Bielik currently having estimated book values of £2.5m and £5m respectively, it's unlikely we can sell either for less than that without selling someone else to make up the shortfall.

Estimated book values are just that,say if someone came in for Jozwiak and offered £1M no doubt the administrators would look very closely at excepting the offer,they won;t hold out for more if there are no other bids in the offing.

12 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

I suspect that Bielik doesn't have a book value of £5m. We have only paid £2m so far. Latest instalment deferred but even so I think his book value is about £3.5 million. Not that I think we will get that either.

But even with that adjustment anyway how can we possibly lose £13 million this year or next when our wage bill is so low?

5 minutes ago, PistoldPete said:

I suspect that Bielik doesn't have a book value of £5m. We have only paid £2m so far. Latest instalment deferred but even so I think his book value is about £3.5 million. Not that I think we will get that either.

But even with that adjustment anyway how can we possibly lose £13 million this year or next when our wage bill is so low?

The administrators have already had to obtain a further loan and no it's not because of a short term cash flow problem,it is to cover day to day running costs.

47 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

Those P+S limits only apply to Championship clubs though.

Assuming we are relegated, which is likely, may as well take book losses next season.

1 hour ago, atherstoneram said:

Estimated book values are just that,say if someone came in for Jozwiak and offered £1M no doubt the administrators would look very closely at excepting the offer,they won;t hold out for more if there are no other bids in the offing.

Book values are what P&S transfer profits are based off, so selling someone at a price which would result in us exceeding P&S limits usnt sensible.

1 hour ago, PistoldPete said:

Ongoing monthly losses are around the £1.2m mark (£14.4m over 12 months). Estimate summer income (sponsorship) and P&S exclusions to get a rough idea of the season P&S position.Sell Bielik and Jozwiak for a few quid, you quickly get close to the £13m mark again.

53 minutes ago, StarterForTen said:

Those P+S limits only apply to Championship clubs though.

Assuming we are relegated, which is likely, may as well take book losses next season.

They'll apply when we return to the Championship 

On 06/12/2021 at 10:23, Curtains said:

Seems likely according to article in the Athletic

”The administrators’ initial hope was that Derby would have found a new owner before the January transfer window. Their prediction has now been extended to the end of January at the earliest, meaning that, to prevent the club from suffering a grave fate, Derby will almost certainly have to sell players.”

The implication is that we have other midfielders coming through and if their sale could let the club survive it would be a good thing. 

Prime example of la la land Derby County fans. The administrator will of course sell. Relegation is assured, I see some are still thinking it won’t happen??, the club is making a loss of over a million a month, they have a wage and a value. 

This is so naive. They’ll be sold in a heartbeat.

On 06/12/2021 at 11:19, Ghost of Clough said:

So because the sale will take a couple of weeks longer than expected we'll now face a fire sale?

No doubt some players, notably Lawrence, will be sold to reduce costs, but that was always going to be the case.

Selling Lawrence only reduces the CURRENT losses by 10%.

What sale?

Derby County fans need to wake up, brace for liquidation and resurrect the club themselves from the ashes. All else is noise.

16 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

Book values are what P&S transfer profits are based off, so selling someone at a price which would result in us exceeding P&S limits usnt sensible.

Ongoing monthly losses are around the £1.2m mark (£14.4m over 12 months). Estimate summer income (sponsorship) and P&S exclusions to get a rough idea of the season P&S position.Sell Bielik and Jozwiak for a few quid, you quickly get close to the £13m mark again.

The auditors are only interested in sorting out the state of the club,that's why we went into administration,they won't be bothered about P&S.

16 minutes ago, KRAM said:

They better start acknowledging it. I’m done with pussy footing around naivety.

People have had their heads buried in the sand far too long.

They only want positive and can't stand negativity.

Completely understand that, but may as well prepare for the worse and anything better than liquidation is a bonus.

3 minutes ago, Miggins said:

How on earth could we survive in league one if we have sold our best players? League one means a huge drop in income and then how can we upkeep our academy, Pride Park etc? How can we rebuild if our best players are sold?

Perhaps the only way to rebuild is by selling our best players. The club needs to survive as an entity. At this rate, it'll be a major triumph if we get a team onto the pitch for our first League One game of the 22-23 season. Selling players and reducing wage costs may be the only way to do this.

49 minutes ago, AndyinLiverpool said:

Perhaps the only way to rebuild is by selling our best players. The club needs to survive as an entity. At this rate, it'll be a major triumph if we get a team onto the pitch for our first League One game of the 22-23 season. Selling players and reducing wage costs may be the only way to do this.

It's what Bolton did. They did what they had to do to survive. We will be the same. 

2 hours ago, atherstoneram said:

The auditors are only interested in sorting out the state of the club,that's why we went into administration,they won't be bothered about P&S.

Except if they made decisions which added avoidable point deductions for next season and/or beyond, that would certainly make the club less sellable and go agaisnt what they're trying to achieve.

11 hours ago, Ghost of Clough said:

It gets to the point where we would just be better off having no footballers at all