Will Derby cash in on Bird and Knight

Curtains

1 minute ago, Dimmu said:

As long as we stick with our centrebacks, I'm fine with selling some other prospect.

I think Davies and Jags are really going places, they both seem to have tons of potential. I'd just love it if they could fulfill it and reach their prime with us. 

Or if they do move on, at least make sure they've got a sell on clause..

1 minute ago, Dimmu said:

As long as we stick with our centrebacks, I'm fine with selling some other prospect.

I think Davies and Jags are really going places, they both seem to have tons of potential. I'd just love it if they could fulfill it and reach their prime with us. 

Thanks for that. You've given me hope that I could still reach my peak.

On 06/12/2021 at 18:56, Oldben said:

My thoughts are structured by the thoughts of an article from the plymouth argyle manager, who in my opinion is knowledgeable enough and a proven success at League One level.

He's highly likely to get plymouth promoted this season, more than that he says why in League one a team needs to pay above the odds for the best players and why that's critical to success.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.plymouthherald.co.uk/sport/football/building-promotion-winning-plymouth-argyle-5292764.amp

Backing up that thought, who spends millions buying a football that's in trouble and then spends nothing on rebuilding the team.

Bit less likely that he'll get Preston promoted this season though

On 06/12/2021 at 10:52, MackworthRamIsGod said:

I think the gravity of the situation is starting to become very apparent.

Clearly the HMRC aren't playing ball, Kirchner grows frustrated and I would imagine will eventually tail off.

Our survival hinges on the possibility of selling anyone we can get a few quid for to try and bring the tax debt down.

We need to hope and pray we got a decent price each of Knight, Bird, Buchanan and Sibley.

Everything you say is spot on and we are in a dire situation,Come January the players will go for a fraction of what we would normally expect to get,forget that the administrators are doing there best for the club they will cash in if and when we get clubs come knocking its how these things work.If its to save the club in the end then so be it ,were a League 1 side now in all but name already

51 minutes ago, ramboy63 said:

Everything you say is spot on and we are in a dire situation,Come January the players will go for a fraction of what we would normally expect to get,forget that the administrators are doing there best for the club they will cash in if and when we get clubs come knocking its how these things work.If its to save the club in the end then so be it ,were a League 1 side now in all but name already

Absolutely agree. If the bids come in, al well and good if it helps secure the future the club, even if the fees are less than some would expect.

Get as much money in to reduce the debt, then (hopefully) start again. The level of debt is staggering and I wouldn't be surprised if it's giving potential buyers pause for thought. 

On 07/12/2021 at 19:29, Miggins said:

How on earth could we survive in league one if we have sold our best players? League one means a huge drop in income and then how can we upkeep our academy, Pride Park etc? How can we rebuild if our best players are sold?

Get rid of the academy if we have to. Make a squad of 20 volunteers from here if we have to. Play on elvaston park if we have to. Anything to ensure the club survives. Bolton had to drop to league 2 before they were stabilised and if we have to do the same so be it.

Rooney has said multiple times ..no player leaves unless he wants him to leave..and he has had assurances from the Administrators that no player has to be sold in January to provide funding..so I'm really struggling with the Armageddon posts in this thread..have I missed anything apart from BS clickbait nonsense stories?

23 minutes ago, Yani P said:

Rooney has said multiple times ..no player leaves unless he wants him to leave..and he has had assurances from the Administrators that no player has to be sold in January to provide funding..so I'm really struggling with the Armageddon posts in this thread..have I missed anything apart from BS clickbait nonsense stories?

Do you honestly believe that there won't be significant sales in January? I don't mean that in an aggressive or narky way, I just don't see any other outcome. The club is losing money even if there is just a short delay in the sale of the club, then the books will need to be balanced somehow.

Of course Rooney is saying no players will be sold without his say so. What else is he supposed to say?

32 minutes ago, Yani P said:

Rooney kept saying the takeover was imminent as well. Just because he says something doesnt mean its true.

By all means be skeptical of the media - thats the best way to be, but don't just blindly believe the words of anybody else either 

2 hours ago, Yani P said:

BoJo also said that there were no Christmas parties last year

3 hours ago, GenBr said:

Rooney kept saying the takeover was imminent as well. Just because he says something doesnt mean its true.

By all means be skeptical of the media - thats the best way to be, but don't just blindly believe the words of anybody else either 

I don't blindly believe anything..

3 hours ago, Maharan said:

Do you honestly believe that there won't be significant sales in January? I don't mean that in an aggressive or narky way, I just don't see any other outcome. The club is losing money even if there is just a short delay in the sale of the club, then the books will need to be balanced somehow.

Of course Rooney is saying no players will be sold without his say so. What else is he supposed to say?

He could say anything..but to be that specific must mean he has been told the club does not need to sell or hold a fire sale..now he may still sell players ie players going out of contract, we get a decent offer, player wants to go etc...

However true it turns out to be, it's the right message to send to the vultures at this time. 

I'd also like to hear the Administrators pledge that any approach for any player at any price from any of Forest, Middlesbrough, Wycombe, Leeds, Preston and Bristol City will be treated with appropriate disdain. 

5 hours ago, Yani P said:

I am under no illusion that we will sell this window and for me it's just posturing on Rooney's part to say that we don't need to sell to at least try and get a decent price for whoever we get bids for. As soon as anyone says we will sell players / we are skint, that's when the derisory bids come in and we will be forced to accept. This way we at least have a chance of getting a fair price for our players - but I'm sure the other clubs know this too ?