Will Derby cash in on Bird and Knight

Curtains

What's the point in selling. We will hardly get anything for them. I don't see it being necessary.

I know they did it at Wigan but that was a different situation. The new owner at Derby knows they will have to clear millions of pounds of debt anyway. We are told they will be in the building by the end of January.

If we sell all these players, who will we have left to play and complete the fixtures? A fire sale just seems pointless.

Edited by Rammy03

21 minutes ago, Ravabeerbelly said:

Completely agree with you. So you’re point is? You think I was suggesting not reinvesting in the team in the future? Or you think investing in it now over or instead of saving the future of the club is a good idea? 

The club can't invest now and in the immediate future, during the transfer window or at least not in anyone I'd want at the club next season so what's the point.

Assuming new owners by the end of January, early February, will mean only then van the transfers start.

Derby need to go to the players they want from league one, pay above the odds and then agree future contracts for signing of in the summer.

Very busy summer bringing in players.

Those new players can't be rubbish or old or the club's staying at least one season in League one.

I dont see a return for the new investors until Derby get back in the Championship.

The reason the sale date is being pushed back is because HMRC have refused to budge on what or how much of the HMRC debt they will write off.

Without that debt reducing you won’t see CK for dust. Somehow we need to show HMRC a willingness and a capability to reduce the debt before they even consider budging on what they will write off…..

We are getting relegated with or without certain players and those same players won’t be playing in League 1…more money in 6 months is as useful as a hand brake on a canoe…we need cash now and when that happens in any business it’s the assets that go before the business does….

Think family playing monopoly at Xmas….you sell your houses and hotels before you sell Mayfair and Park Lane…

Edited by Ravabeerbelly

The process will be :-

1. Reduce secured debt 

2. Reach the stage where the debt is acceptable and valued at less than the value the purchasers but the club for

3. Purchase the club

4. Accept relegation

5. Restructure the finances of the club from top to bottom

6. Put in place a football budget that’s affordable and sustainable

7. Agree short term and long term goals with the management 

8. Only get ahead of those by over achieving on the pitch by good management or by players developing ahead of schedule NOT by over stretching and gambling financially on over paid under achieving pipedreams 

8 minutes ago, Ravabeerbelly said:

1. Reduce secured debt 

2. Reach the stage where the debt is acceptable and valued at less than the value the purchasers but the club for

3. Purchase the club

4. Accept relegation

8. Only get ahead of those by over achieving on the pitch by good management or by players developing ahead of schedule NOT by over stretching and gambling financially on over paid under achieving pipedreams 

If the club is confined to League One because it fails to spend, I believe that will not benefit the new owners.

Its not just about paying back the debt it's about reaching a place where a decent profit is possible, zero chance that's league one.

1 minute ago, Oldben said:

If the club is confined to League One because it fails to spend, I believe that will not benefit the new owners.

Its not just about paying back the debt it's about reaching a place where a decent profit is possible, zero chance that's league one.

We’re going into league one regardless!

No new owner is getting in in time to clear enough debt and secure enough finance let alone EFL agreement to start making signings that can overturn 21 points. 

The new owner won’t be so stupid as to think decent profit in any new business is immediate. They’ll know as will anyone who’s bought or taken over a business you’re taking over because it’s not been run well and changing that needs a forensic approach to the whole business and gradual progress. 

Decent profit will come from managing properly in league 1 so when you reach the championship you reap the benefits of the profit and dont have to spend it covering the debt accrued in getting there!!!

12 minutes ago, Ravabeerbelly said:

1. Reduce secured debt 

3. Purchase the club

4. Accept relegation

The club also has to provide a business plan for 2? years which has to be agreed as workable and acceptable by the EFL upon coming out of administration.

21 minutes ago, Ravabeerbelly said:

We’re going into league one regardless!

No new owner is getting in in time to clear enough debt and secure enough finance let alone EFL agreement to start making signings that can overturn 21 points. 

The new owner won’t be so stupid as to think decent profit in any new business is immediate. They’ll know as will anyone who’s bought or taken over a business you’re taking over because it’s not been run well and changing that needs a forensic approach to the whole business and gradual progress. 

Decent profit will come from managing properly in league 1 so when you reach the championship you reap the benefits of the profit and dont have to spend it covering the debt accrued in getting there!!!

Derby can't afford to be Leeds (past) and spend 3 years in League one, under those circumstances, what new owner would buy Derby with its current debt.

Also there's no decent money to be made from being in League one that compares with paying off the massive debt, Derby has now.

Edited by Oldben

16 minutes ago, Ravabeerbelly said:

I believe once the new owner has the business under control there’ll be substantial reinvestment into the playing side that’ll hopefully see a return to the Championship inside 3 seasons.

Not easy to do though….ask Sunderland and several new owners….ask Ipswich…ask Pompey….

All within league 1 salary cap/P&S rules?

31 minutes ago, Tamworthram said:

All within league 1 salary cap/P&S rules?

I thought that the cap was deemed illegal and was scrapped?

Realistically, we'll have to sell any marketable players in January, who's contracts are expiring at the end of the season, unless we can get them to sign new contracts.

2 hours ago, Rammy03 said:

What's the point in selling. We will hardly get anything for them. I don't see it being necessary.

I know they did it at Wigan but that was a different situation. The new owner at Derby knows they will have to clear millions of pounds of debt anyway. We are told they will be in the building by the end of January.

If we sell all these players, who will we have left to play and complete the fixtures? A fire sale just seems pointless.

May as well try and sell of the below before they go for nothing in the summer. I'd expect the top 4 in that list won't be thrilled about playing in league one. Byrne already jumped to us to avoid playing in League one when wigan went down

image.thumb.png.3365d592865a743739fe309f5636816b.png

2 hours ago, GenBr said:

Ah i see. Apologies - i misunderstood your post. You want to replace them with similar quality players. If that is the case then yes it would cost more to get replacements, but i do not believe that is what we will do if we do sell them.

Depends what our agreement with the EFL specifies, but i'd expect youth players to just step up or super cheap replacements to join us for free if we sell anyone. Don't think we'll paying any new player much more than £1500 per week if we're in league 1. 

I imagine we will be paying around £5k a week for first choice players 

24 minutes ago, GenBr said:

May as well try and sell of the below before they go for nothing in the summer. I'd expect the top 4 in that list won't be thrilled about playing in league one. Byrne already jumped to us to avoid playing in League one when wigan went down

image.thumb.png.3365d592865a743739fe309f5636816b.png

The top 4 in that list won't be playing in league one as they are out of contract. In the summer they are free to join whatever club they wish, within reason.

I don't see why they would want to leave in January and I don't see why we would sell. The administrators have confirmed they have secured short term funding to keep the club going and expect a new owner in place by the end of January.

No one knows if Chris Kirchener is genuine, the new owner in by end of January is just pie in the sky. Things are moving on, meeting financial deadlines set by hmrc, creditors and administrators. If CK genuinely had money to burn he’d just pay off hmrc and get started, sooner the better.

My main fear now is that our biggest enemy right now is the administrator. Are we going to be selling players just to pay the administrators fees?