Will Derby cash in on Bird and Knight

Curtains

39 minutes ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

I think the gravity of the situation is starting to become very apparent.

Clearly the HMRC aren't playing ball, Kirchner grows frustrated and I would imagine will eventually tail off.

Our survival hinges on the possibility of selling anyone we can get a few quid for to try and bring the tax debt down.

We need to hope and pray we got a decent price each of Knight, Bird, Buchanan and Sibley.

I agree but I also suspect the sale of players won’t really do a great deal to help the situation.

None of us know how much we’ll get for them. Probably nowhere near what we’d get under under normal circumstances. After a certain amount has been retained for cash flow (if that is deemed necessary and is even permissible) I fear the remainder will only scratch the surface of the HMRC debt.

This purgatory is draining and I almost (but not quite) wish they’d just get it finished even if it did mean liquidation provided a Phoenix club is formed and they play at Pride Park. This feels like a death by a thousand (media) cuts.

Sorry, I must have the Monday morning blues.

Edited by Tamworthram

Any money raised would go to creditors.

Selling best players now means a total team rebuild required under new owners.

Selling best players means that the teams incapable of trying to survive in the Championship, but also the club requires players capable of promoting the club in one season from league one.

The clubs blocked from buying anyone, and can only get free agents on low salaries so what quality players with an eye on clubs performance in League one can be signed.

The new owners will need to spend even more more to rebuild the team because bring in older or cheap players who will not promote Derby from league one.

The club has to sign players capable of performing well at the Championship level for a season in League one, and Championship players of quality are unlikely to sign for Derby if they teams in League one.

Derby will need a team and manager capable of promoting the team in one season.

2 minutes ago, atherstoneram said:

If we had a better quality team that they could feed off we would have more points, are you implying those Two alone should have got more points

Who else is too good for League One? You listed about 85 players likely to leave

6 minutes ago, Oldben said:

Selling best players means that the teams incapable of trying to survive in the Championship, but also the club requires players capable of promoting the club in one season from league one.

The clubs blocked from buying anyone, and can only get free agents on low salaries so what quality players with an eye on clubs performance in League one can be signed.

The new owners will need to spend even more more to rebuild the team because bring in older or cheap players who will not promote Derby from league one.

The club has to sign players capable of performing well at the Championship level for a season in League one, and Championship players of quality are unlikely to sign for Derby if they teams in League one.

I agree although I fear your final point is a little over ambitious.

Just now, atherstoneram said:

I haven't listed anyone if you read my posts.

Sorry wrong person. The point stands. How many of our players are too good for League One?

What will be our priority in Jan? reducing the wage bill or bringing in fees?   Selling Buchanan, Bird, Knight and Sibley will have a negligible impact of wage bills and will actually cost more to replace in wages, so it's a false economy. We may sell one of our young players for a decent fee but to sell several is economic and footballing madness. 

There are a few that will get a bit of interest, but lets not kid ourselves, this squad was goal difference away from relegation last year and even without a points deduction we are in a relegation battle this year. Won't be a battle with the minus points, but we aren't much better than being the 3rd/4th worst team in the league anyway.

So the idea that they'll be an endless queue for all of our players young or old might be a bit OTT. 

Lawrence probably shown enough to get interest from a few promotion chasing clubs wanting to add depth. 

Bird & Knight have both performed ok. But like i said, we are now 2 years into being a bottom end of the table squad. How good are they actually? In a better team i suspect they'd do ok - but they'll both probably get moves to mid championship clubs at best.

11 minutes ago, Oldben said:

I don't think we're in a position to try and keep the best and most valuable talent at the club in the hope of mounting a L1 promotion charge next season.

A large issue with the club not being purchased thus far appears to be because of the monies owed to creditors.  If that can be assisted with, it might help with the sale of the club?

Ignoring that side of business, not many of the better talents at the club will even want to stick around for next season.  I can't imagine for a second any of Knight, Bird or Buchanan being around next season.  Not sure what Knight or Bird's contract situation is, but Buchanan has a 1yr extension option, meaning he'd be into his last year next season and his value diminishing anyway.

Then away from that and into next season, there's this whole CVA business which screwed Leeds over, didn't it?  So could even be looking at a deduction next season too.  I'm not sure we'll be able to convince the likes of the above, plus Jozwiak, Byrne and maybe Sibley to stick around.  I think the focus needs to be on securing good characters who will be here next season. Hopefully Curtis Davies will be convinced, as he is exactly the type of man who needs to be around.  He's the type you'd like to see stick around even when his career is done too. 

1 minute ago, Sidd10 said:

There are a few that will get a bit of interest, but lets not kid ourselves, this squad was goal difference away from relegation last year and even without a points deduction we are in a relegation battle this year. Won't be a battle with the minus points, but we aren't much better than being the 3rd/4th worst team in the league anyway.

So the idea that they'll be an endless queue for all of our players young or old might be a bit OTT. 

Lawrence probably shown enough to get interest from a few promotion chasing clubs wanting to add depth. 

Bird & Knight have both performed ok. But like i said, we are now 2 years into being a bottom end of the table squad. How good are they actually? In a better team i suspect they'd do ok - but they'll both probably get moves to mid championship clubs at best.

https://www.derbytelegraph.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/Derby-county-transfer-jason-knight-6307568

Its inevitable that players will have to be sold now that the expected takeover date has been moved back to the end of Jan. I think the following players will be sacrificed for sure, but maybe more will need to go depending on how much money the administrators need to keep the club funded until the takeover happens.

Jozwiak

Lawrence (To get his wages off the bill, we wont get a fee)

Knight

Bird

3 minutes ago, sage said:

Sorry wrong person. The point stands. How many of our players are too good for League One?

What will be our priority in Jan? reducing the wage bill or bringing in fees?   Selling Buchanan, Bird, Knight and Sibley will have a negligible impact of wage bills and will actually cost more to replace in wages, so it's a false economy. We may sell one of our young players for a decent fee but to sell several is economic and footballing madness. 

I think the administrators would be looking at bringing money into the club as things stand now.

19 minutes ago, Tamworthram said:

I agree but I also suspect the sale of players won’t really do a great deal to help the situation.

None of us know how much we’ll get for them. Probably nowhere near what we’d get under under normal circumstances. After a certain amount has been retained for cash flow (if that is deemed necessary and is even permissible) I fear the remainder will only scratch the surface of the HMRC debt.

This purgatory is draining and I almost (but not quite) wish they’d just get it finished even if it did mean liquidation provided a Phoenix club is formed and they play at Pride Park. This feels like a death by a thousand (media) cuts.

Sorry, I must have the Monday morning blues.

I personally feel that will be the outcome. 

Even the most optimistic of people should be slightly alarmed at the administrators shutting up shop to interviews. They had no problem going on Talksport when touting us for a sale, now we get tactical replies with no real substance on social media.

The constant delay in naming a preffered bidder is clearly buying time/stalling in the hope HMRC magically bend over and change their minds.

There is still the chance we survive this, albeit as a league 1 club with a 15 point deduction next season.

I would love Quantuma to tell me I'm wrong, I would absolutely love it.

2 minutes ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

I personally feel that will be the outcome. 

Even the most optimistic of people should be slightly alarmed at the administrators shutting up shop to interviews. They had no problem going on Talksport when touting us for a sale, now we get tactical replies with no real substance on social media.

The constant delay in naming a preffered bidder is clearly buying time/stalling in the hope HMRC magically bend over and change their minds.

There is still the chance we survive this, albeit as a league 1 club with a 15 point deduction next season.

I would love Quantuma to tell me I'm wrong, I would absolutely love it.

I agree. 

I can't see any scenario where there isn't significant depatures in January, be it to satisfy as much of the outstanding debt as possible to enable a sale, or to satisfy HMRC that the club is making every effort to pay as much of the outstanding tax as is possible before a deal can be struck. 

By the workings-out on Transfermarkt the players out of contract at the end of the season include:

Marshall

Buchanan 

Lawrence 

Shinnie

Byrne

So we get less than a pittance for them in January or they walk away for free in May.