83 million in debt

Charliegeorge1962

1 hour ago, Oldben said:

Is 20 year old Pride Park fair value at an estimated cost of 50 million, and that wouldn't include the training ground which I understand isn't owned by Mm.

In comparison, Chestfield built a new 10500 seater stadium in 2019 for 13 million.

So an estimate of say 40 million to build a 30000 seater stadium? If that was an option.

Equally, if an option Derby could build a 20000 seater stadium for a lot less.

I read that mm is owed 125 million, Maguire says who would by the club in League One with 56 million owed to creditors, plus 125 million owed to mm, even if mm accepted 25% of that plus the 50 million for the ground.

Could Derby potentially rent a ground share with Notts county. Notts is 20000 seats.

If in league one, would Derby get 25000 plus crowds every week.

Renting Notts County ground would be cheaper than buying back the ground.

Not that happy to consider paying mm millions after what's happened to the club.

We are getting league one crowds now in my humble opinion post initial pandemic 

2 hours ago, kevinhectoring said:

I think the money that the buyer pays for the club and the stadium will go to creditors and HMRC and admin costs. Don’t think any will go to MM    Might be different if they just leave the stadium lease in place but still I doubt MM will get a penny 

The money for the stadium is to remove the MSD mortgage charge over it and other assets and, probably, the cross-guarantees that Mel had to provide. 

40 minutes ago, Crewton said:

The money for the stadium is to remove the MSD mortgage charge over it and other assets and, probably, the cross-guarantees that Mel had to provide. 

After MSD is paid I think the balance goes mostly to pay the club deferred cost of purchase of the stadium    Don’t think MM personally guaranteed MSD   

5 hours ago, angieram said:

Perhaps we can all offer to buy next year's season tickets early. Although what will we have to spend next year, then? 

Who'd want to run a football club? ! ?

5 hours ago, sage said:

This was my thought if we needed money to eak through to the end of the season. Its a bit like taking a pay day loan though. 

I'm in the cheap seats, so I'd be more than happy to pledge my ST for the next 5 or six years at least, (if not ten!) each paid for 12/14 months in advance.

Hopefully by then, we'll be dining on milk and honey, and we get first season in the prem for free, as a thanks for being "Full Fans Plus", as we would then be referred as!   

*Oh... Actually, that would have to be the second season in the prem for free, as the first would have been paid for 12/14 months previous!

Imagine that... two whole seasons in the prem!  I need a lie down, just thinking about it!  ?

5 hours ago, Oldben said:

Is 20 year old Pride Park fair value at an estimated cost of 50 million, and that wouldn't include the training ground which I understand isn't owned by Mm.

In comparison, Chestfield built a new 10500 seater stadium in 2019 for 13 million.

So an estimate of say 40 million to build a 30000 seater stadium? If that was an option.

Equally, if an option Derby could build a 20000 seater stadium for a lot less.

Are you per chance an estimator on HS2?

The club is now, I think at a watershed moment. We have had a fan base that still has been traditionally and understandably made up from a lot of young guys from the late 60s through the seventies. A lot of those are now getting on and have long lost the recklessness of youth. Covid has had a big impact on this age group. The club now has a chance, assuming a buyer is found, to start to attract a new younger fan base. Hopefully the spirit, determination and skill shown by our current team of unlikely potential heros can inspire a new generation of fans. The fact we are still getting gates of 20,000 is, in my opinion, an excellent base going forward. UTR

10 hours ago, The Scarlet Pimpernel said:

The club is now, I think at a watershed moment. We have had a fan base that still has been traditionally and understandably made up from a lot of young guys from the late 60s through the seventies. A lot of those are now getting on and have long lost the recklessness of youth. Covid has had a big impact on this age group. The club now has a chance, assuming a buyer is found, to start to attract a new younger fan base. Hopefully the spirit, determination and skill shown by our current team of unlikely potential heros can inspire a new generation of fans. The fact we are still getting gates of 20,000 is, in my opinion, an excellent base going forward. UTR

Well hopefully the latest news on South African variant should not mean that the older guys (and girls if not included in the catch all of "guys") will not return at least after this winter. We shall see.     

14 hours ago, The Scarlet Pimpernel said:

Speak for yourself,  I can still be reckless when I want to be and hopefully have another 20+ years to watch Derby before I croak.

On 26/11/2021 at 22:58, The Scarlet Pimpernel said:

It’s nice to know that now I’m 60 and been following my club since 1967, and still bounce with the youngsters in the south stand, that I’m not wanted anymore because I’m getting on a bit, and COVID should have finished me off by now.

34 minutes ago, rsmini said:

It’s nice to know that now I’m 60 and been following my club since 1967, and still bounce with the youngsters in the south stand, that I’m not wanted anymore because I’m getting on a bit, and COVID should have finished me off by now.

Hey, old man!

Are you actually bouncing, or do you just need to keep getting up to check you haven't soiled yersen?

Yours sincerely,
a non-offensive but rather cheeky young 58 year old!  ? ?