Bournemouth (H) Matchday Thread

ThePrisoner

2 hours ago, ramsbottom said:

To say I didn’t see that kinda performance coming is an understatement. Well, I could see Roos screwing up, but that’s every game really.

We were excellent 2nd half, and apart from the later header from Billing, we weren’t really troubled at all. 

My man-crush on Curtis Davis gets deeper and more serious every week. What a colossus he is!!!

Hands off i saw him first lol

Have to say the enjoyment i got from seeing thompson, knight and bird hounding down their midfield had me gushing with pride, chuck festy into that and im just hopeful that despite where this season takes us which hand on heart for me is league one we will cone back stronger, wiser and a more galvanised club

Just honing in on that i though those 3 in midfield were absolutely outstanding, knight was everywhere, bird as calm and composed as anything else on that pitch and was a joy to watch at times with his knitting of the play and thompson, well he looks a player doesnt he, lovely low centre of gravity, type of player that knows how to look after the ball and will only get better 

and this was all without my favourite yourh accademy player .. not louis sibley.. louis watson.. hes going to be gold for us imo

but anyhow a v v proud ram tonight 

also well played wazza, cant argue with what hes doing in such difficult circumstances

43 minutes ago, falconram said:

Super proad of the lads today, had a feeling we would win, said to my dad what you think 3-2 and get our first pen of the season at ht. 

I'm 51 and at the end I will admit I had tears in my eyes. 

I've been going since 1978 and I really do hope miracles happen. 

BELIEVE

Great stuff.

First game I've managed to watch live in a little while.

The midfield today looked better balanced in my view with Thompson fitting in like a glove and I do think a more typical 433 suits both Shinnie and Bird better.

The right side of our team looked like there was something to really work with there between Ebosele, Thompson and Knight. There was loads of bits nice interplay between them and down that side was the main way we were getting in all game. I hope we persist with those players in those positions and give them time.

44 minutes ago, NottsRam77 said:

Have to say the enjoyment i got from seeing thompson, knight and bird hounding down their midfield had me gushing with pride, chuck festy into that and im just hopeful that despite where this season takes us which hand on heart for me is league one we will cone back stronger, wiser and a more galvanised club

Just honing in on that i though those 3 in midfield were absolutely outstanding, knight was everywhere, bird as calm and composed as anything else on that pitch and was a joy to watch at times with his knitting of the play and thompson, well he looks a player doesnt he, lovely low centre of gravity, type of player that knows how to look after the ball and will only get better 

and this was all without my favourite yourh accademy player .. not louis sibley.. louis watson.. hes going to be gold for us imo

but anyhow a v v proud ram tonight 

also well played wazza, cant argue with what hes doing in such difficult circumstances

Yes ther are a few who havent looked too shabby. Dylan Williams, Louis Watson and Jack Stretton. Not getting gametime maybe Rooney is working on them, but hopefully we will be competitive team even if we do lose some players before next season.

Then there is the enigma of louis Sibley. We know he has talent but can Rooney bring him on?

34 minutes ago, PistoldPete said:

Yes ther are a few who havent looked too shabby. Dylan Williams, Louis Watson and Jack Stretton. Not getting gametime maybe Rooney is working on them, but hopefully we will be competitive team even if we do lose some players before next season.

Then there is the enigma of louis Sibley. We know he has talent but can Rooney bring him on?

Rooney seems to be doing great with pretty much all our youngsters who make the step up...Sibley seems to be the outlier..no idea why really I mean he has talent that's clear..even the 23 game in the week he might have got a red from a different ref..then might have scored 2 or 3..Stretton is easier to explain..scoring in the 23s is easy compared to the championship..but I do think Rooney was about to draft him back after his goals then he got injured..

We got awarded a penalty, a penalty! The referee was even more incompetent than I thought he was. He was so incompetent that he couldn't follow the simple instruction from the EFL, like every other ref this season. Of not awarding anything when a Derby player is fouled in the box.

2 minutes ago, 1of4 said:

We got awarded a penalty, a penalty! The referee was even more incompetent than I thought he was. He was so incompetent that he couldn't follow the simple instruction from the EFL, like every other ref this season. Of not awarding anything when a Derby player is fouled in the box.

It wasn't even that blatant. He could easily have turned it down although maybe he realised Sky cameras were watching.

4 minutes ago, 1of4 said:

And missed the offside in the build up ?

2 minutes ago, Unlucky Alf said:

Sssshhhh...The EFL monitor this board, If they check the highlights you can bet your life we'll have to replay the game

Not 100% convinced it was off-side, no6 on lhs looked close to playing him on but only saw one replay.

GREAT run by Shinnie to get in front of the defender.