Bournemouth (H) Matchday Thread

ThePrisoner

People will blame Roos for that stupid, crazy goal, but it is entirely the fault of the coaching staff. What a stupid way to play. I'm also disappointed with Davies. Passing across the six-yard area with 4 Bournemouth players around our box. When they're pressing so high, just go long and cut all their players out of the game. Overload them further up the pitch.

Utterly senseless and ridiculous.

Just now, Marriott Ram99 said:

duck Roos the useless twit, always Gary's around with the ball like he is Prime Neuer and look what happens. 

Yes it was poor from Roos but why do we continue to set him up to fail like that?

Can someone with better tactical insight than me explain what we hope to achieve with those bizarre goal kick routines? We have been doing it all season but nothing positive ever comes from them. I genuinely don’t get it!

That’s the story of our season. Playing well and feeling good and then we shoot ourselves in the foot.

For the love of God, please stop playing it out from the back. Roos is useless on the ball. Jagielka and Davies aren’t ball playing centre halfs, never have been and never will be.

Really bad  from Roos but beyond stupid to play the ball into the centre of the goal like that we don’t deserve anything doing that and if that’s an instruction from the coaches then crazy 

1 minute ago, rad1919 said:

Yes it was poor from Roos but why do we continue to set him up to fail like that?

Can someone with better tactical insight than me explain what we hope to achieve with those bizarre goal kick routines? We have been doing it all season but nothing positive ever comes from them. I genuinely don’t get it!

The plan is too draw them in, beat the press and then expose the open space in midfield but we shouldn't be doing it because our defenders aren't good enough or clever enough on the ball and Roos panics and has no compusure and makes pathetic mistakes like that. 

1 minute ago, Carl Sagan said:

People will blame Roos for that stupid, crazy goal, but it is entirely the fault of the coaching staff. What a stupid way to play. I'm also disappointed with Davies. Passing across the six-yard area with 4 Bournemouth players around our box. When they're pressing so high, just go long and cut all their players out of the game. Overload them further up the pitch.

Utterly senseless and ridiculous.

Agreed in a sense but Roos was heavy footed and gave the ball away, Coaching in our situation this method of keepball is a backwards step for these players